Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

anyone else not had there dd collected from there bank

Sorry Traz

cant help you with that one, i cancelled mine ages ago...how overdue is it? Have you contacted your bank? I would keep a close eye on this if i were you, it may be ploy to put you into forced arrears or something!! Or they may have realised that you also have a very crap agreement like me, in that case they will write to you offering to put you back on the previos loan terms!

Watch them slowly hang themselves!!

B-O-2

Edited by brassed-off-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 caggers, 8 guests !! even when there is no cagging taking place!!

mmmmmmmm makes you wonder....Hello Nottingham:p

Post fixed your hd yet?? hope so...now is not the time for gremlins...

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

What are the 'current' Welcome addresses one might write to in the fervent hope one might get some 'sensible' info as to why a credit of over 4k:D appears in a statement yet does not reduce the balance:confused:

Cattles loses chairman amid battle with banks

The crisis at struggling sub-prime lender Cattles escalated yesterday after chairman Norman Broadhurst, 66, revealed plans to step down at the next annual meeting.

By Philip Aldrick

Last Updated: 12:33PM BST 27 May 2009

Cattles has already removed the finance director and five others following accounting irregularities in its key Welcome Financial Services division. Deloitte, an adviser to the company, and Freshfields, the lawyers, are conducting an independent forensic review.

Mr Broadhurst's planned departure comes amid a bitter battle with the lender's banks over a £500m facility that must be repaid on July 1 or Cattles will go bust. A debt-for-equity swap is expected. Deloitte is refusing to sign off the accounts until a new facility is in place.

Cattles has little more than a fortnight to resolve its funding crisis. However, the banks want a solution as they fear customers will not bother to repay their debts if Cattles goes bust, as happened at London Scottish Bank.

The company also appointed a new chief operating officer to Welcome Financial. Paul Mackin joins from Littlewoods Shop Direct on June 5 and will work with David Postings, group chief executive, who has taken over day-to-day management of the division.

All getting a bit fiesty

What are the 'current' Welcome addresses one might write to in the fervent hope one might get some 'sensible' info as to why a credit of over 4k:D appears in a statement yet does not reduce the balance:confused:

when you find out....let us know, its like trying to get blood out of a stone with these idiots

have you tried a formal complaint letter, to mere way ruddungton and then follow it up with a call to the FOS?? It might make them sit up and take notice, although i doubt it somehow?

Or try ringing trading standards?

Just my thoughts...otherwise not sure..sorry.

B-O-2

Not yet but unless they respond positively within 10 days they will be placed on written notice that ALL payments will cease forthwith until they answer the queries & if they don't & as the amount already paid, without default I might add, matches or may even exceed the capital sum borrowed when interest is added a court judgment declaring the debt unenforceable will be sort at the earliest opportunity

have you tried a formal complaint letter, to mere way ruddungton and then follow it up with a call to the FOS?? It might make them sit up and take notice, although i doubt it somehow?

Or try ringing trading standards?

Just my thoughts...otherwise not sure..sorry.

B-O-2

I wouldnt hold out much hope on that, I submitted my complaint to Mere Way, and although partially refunded, they have with held some of the money due back to me. I have lodged a complaint with the FOS in December 2008, and they have written to Welcome twice now asking them to comply in providing files etc. To date, Welcome have not responded.....Even though this may delay any result on my case, Im not bothered, just another nail in their coffin ! :lol:

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

[COLOR="Red"]I am going to ISSUE Court Proceedings now this company has been clowning around for over 4 months now.....and we have no choice.

Not a nice company to deal with

WATCH THIS SPACE.... They something I want to say about this company which would not be appropriate for this website....[/color]

They breached the data protection act did not reply within the 40 days of the request. The failed to disclose documents which forms a part of disclosure and missold PPI.

Terms of the loan was 8 years only covered me for 5 years. Joint application and only one applicant was covered.... lots of other misselling

New court date recieved - round 3 on it's way!!

Oh and a seperate round one will be on it's way shortly - they're not gonna see this one coming!!

Messed with the wrong lady Welcome - assault on all fronts now!!

Yo won't know it's hit you til your on your ass wondering what the hell happened :)

Keep up the good work Andie, theu just knocked at my door and left a letter £25 funny thing its from my so called local branch, yet signed by a different guy to who rings me, this is over my car, im getting confused with them now, as i seem to have about 6 welscum guys trying to get in touch, well all i can say keep it up and reply to the SAR maybe another letter to Nottingham is required

Markimark

Do You Have A Thread

Have Dynamite Ref Ppi Etc And Disclosure Orders For These Clowns

Markiemark, we have the same problems regarding the PPI, plus more, post can you send me what you have ref PPI, and disclosure.. plus

ref my other prediccament sent be PM, have you had anything regarding it...now you have got rid of the gremlins:)

b-o-2

go get em Andi...how long have we to wait now, for the trashing your gonna give welscum??

Right I start this by saying I made a mistake!

5 years and 11 months ago I took out a loan of £750 to buy my ex partner a cheap car to travel back and for to work. Soon after (about 2 payments worth) I lost my job and couldnt afford to pay. I was told over the telephone and I remember this clearly even though its 5 years later "if you dont make a payment straight away WE WILL RUIN YOUR CREDIT RATING and YOU WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTED FOR CREDIT AGAIN". Litterally it was said like that. I was really upset by this and decided to cut off contact and wait for a court date because I felt that our relationship broke down. (yes I was young and stupid). I have had a few letters and ignored them (yes again stupid). Nearly 6 years later Im recieving contact from a collections agency saying that I owe £1500.82, and if i dont pay straight away they'll take me to court to recoup the money. So a £750 loan has turned into £1500.82.

Im happy to pay what I owe, im now financially stable, but cant afford to pay it in full. But I dont think 100% more than what I borrowed is fair.

1. Would a court allow a credit company to gain 100% on the origional loan.

2. Why after such a long time has this resurfaced. Why are they making contact now?

3. Does anyone have any advice on what my next course of action is?

I dont have a copy of my credit agreement, so dont know what ive signed into.

It seems like their charging me around £50 per letter and this is continuing even though its with a debt collection agency. If someone knows where i stand Id really like some advice.

Yes I made a mistake. I was young and stupid. Ive managed to pay off all the debts I owe apart from this one, and this is the only default I have. I have no CCJs.

Please can anyone help?:-?

hi Samie

do not ring or speak to anyone from welcome, until you have more help from this site, i cannot say for sure, but i would guess that because the debt is approaching the 6 year mark,and welcome car finance are no more, they are trying it on..one last time with you!! the 6 year mark is of significance to you, search this site as i am sure that you will find more information on this...

but in the meantime, someone with more knowledge will be along shortly to offer advice.

b-o-2

Hi Brassed Off.

Thanks for your advice. I wondered whether its comming upto being statute barred. A friend in work advised me of it. The thing that concerns me is these Ruthbridge Collections Agencys were really forcefull on the phone.

And the letter they've sent was filled with lots of technical jargon about how my belongings could be taken to pay for the debt. Its designed to scare me I have no doubt, as I know that only a court bailiff can take goods.

So whats happened to Welcome?

So What happens to the debt?

How do I get it cleared from my Exeperian report?

Welcome finance have the default date as 2 years after I stopped paying. How can that be. It means its gonna show on my record for another 2 years until 2011!

How do I get this edited?

New court date recieved - round 3 on it's way!!

Oh and a seperate round one will be on it's way shortly - they're not gonna see this one coming!!

Messed with the wrong lady Welcome - assault on all fronts now!!

Yo won't know it's hit you til your on your ass wondering what the hell happened :)

:lol::lol::lol: You go Andie - Just make sure Mr P's very expensive bargain bucket Primark suit is not ruined in the process !!!

Forsure

Hi

Can some one help me as to what will happen next in my case, my solicitor sent a letter before action with a 21 day clause in it which is up on Tuesday 2nd June. If Welcome do not respond what happens next and how much longer can they string it out?

Also as Cattles are likely to go bust on the 1st of July does that mean I have lost all hope of getting me PPI compensation at all?

Hi

Can some one help me as to what will happen next in my case, my solicitor sent a letter before action with a 21 day clause in it which is up on Tuesday 2nd June. If Welcome do not respond what happens next and how much longer can they string it out?

Also as Cattles are likely to go bust on the 1st of July does that mean I have lost all hope of getting me PPI compensation at all?

Hi

I was wondering the same about the PPI thing as nmy complaint is currently with the FOS, but Im sure someone with more knowledge in this field will be along soon to help :D

Forsure

Right I start this by saying I made a mistake!

5 years and 11 months ago I took out a loan of £750 to buy my ex partner a cheap car to travel back and for to work. Soon after (about 2 payments worth) I lost my job and couldnt afford to pay. I was told over the telephone and I remember this clearly even though its 5 years later "if you dont make a payment straight away WE WILL RUIN YOUR CREDIT RATING and YOU WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTED FOR CREDIT AGAIN". Litterally it was said like that. I was really upset by this and decided to cut off contact and wait for a court date because I felt that our relationship broke down. (yes I was young and stupid). I have had a few letters and ignored them (yes again stupid). Nearly 6 years later Im recieving contact from a collections agency saying that I owe £1500.82, and if i dont pay straight away they'll take me to court to recoup the money. So a £750 loan has turned into £1500.82.

Im happy to pay what I owe, im now financially stable, but cant afford to pay it in full. But I dont think 100% more than what I borrowed is fair.

1. Would a court allow a credit company to gain 100% on the origional loan.

2. Why after such a long time has this resurfaced. Why are they making contact now?

3. Does anyone have any advice on what my next course of action is?

I dont have a copy of my credit agreement, so dont know what ive signed into.

It seems like their charging me around £50 per letter and this is continuing even though its with a debt collection agency. If someone knows where i stand Id really like some advice.

Yes I made a mistake. I was young and stupid. Ive managed to pay off all the debts I owe apart from this one, and this is the only default I have. I have no CCJs.

Please can anyone help?:-?

Hi Sammie

The reason they are suddenly contacting you as after 6 years this will go statute barred drop off your credit file and will not be able to be collected through court means.

How long ago did you make your last payment??

Hi

No Cattles will not go bust - and even if they did as long as you get your action started the liability will move on to the new owners so I am led to believe.

77A Statements to be provided in relation to fixed-sum credit agreements

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for fixed-sum credit—

(a) shall, within the period of one year beginning with the day after the day on which the agreement is made, give the debtor a statement under this section; and

(b) after the giving of that statement, shall give the debtor further statements under this section at intervals of not more than one year.

(2) Regulations may make provision about the form and content of statements under this section.

(3) The debtor shall have no liability to pay any sum in connection with the preparation or the giving to him of a statement under this section.

(4) The creditor is not required to give the debtor any statement under this section once the following conditions are satisfied—

(a) that there is no sum payable under the agreement by the debtor; and

(b) that there is no sum which will or may become so payable.

(5) Subsection (6) applies if at a time before the conditions mentioned in subsection (4) are satisfied the creditor fails to give the debtor—

(a) a statement under this section within the period mentioned in subsection (1)(a); or

(b) such a statement within the period of one year beginning with the day after the day on which such a statement was last given to him.

(6) Where this subsection applies in relation to a failure to give a statement under this section to the debtor—

(a) the creditor shall not be entitled to enforce the agreement during the period of non-compliance;

(b) the debtor shall have no liability to pay any sum of interest to the extent calculated by reference to the period of non-compliance or to any part of it; and

© the debtor shall have no liability to pay any default sum which (apart from this paragraph)—

(i) would have become payable during the period of non-compliance; or

(ii) would have become payable after the end of that period in connection with a breach of the agreement which occurs during that period (whether or not the breach continues after the end of that period).

(7) In this section ‘the period of non-compliance’ means, in relation to a failure to give a statement under this section to the debtor, the period which—

(a) begins immediately after the end of the period mentioned in paragraph (a) or (as the case may be) paragraph (b) of subsection (5); and

(b) ends at the end of the day on which the statement is given to the debtor or on which the conditions mentioned in subsection (4) are satisfied, whichever is earlier.

(8) This section does not apply in relation to a non-commercial agreement or to a small agreement.”

I think this has been mentioned in the past but i have a fixed sum agreement and have never received a stetement so according to this section of "CCA 1974 revised 2006" the debt cannot not be enforced. I know that a statement can be produced but again a blatant breach of the law by welcome and they seem to be getting away with it.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks