Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am starting to get very happy now,

the good stuff has not even hit the fan yet

that anouncement from cattles was nothing more than damage limitaton,

i dont think the traders are going for it

Further to your recent contact, I can confirm that further to your recent enquiries about policy information details of your query have been passed to the person within Welcome who is responsible for insurances.

If this is not resolved for you within the next week, I will contact him further to get an update as to the status of your query.

Yours sincerely

Sally Evans

Head of Customer Services

Direct Group Limited

im sick of this being passed from pillar to post now. I have sent an SAR to these clowns and NU, realistically what can i expect back.

Had a phone call from Welcome yesterday, telling me my car was on suspended repossesion, first i heard, reason for call to acknowledge my letter i sent them 3 weeks ago about my payments, i needed a bucket then, since when does a so called professional call you sweetheart on the phone and about 4 times he called me this YUCK. I told him you can have the amounts i agreed in the letter, ok then sweetheart YUCK, a suitable agreement was arranged for now didnt mention i am cancelling my PPI as no longer suitable, does this now mean i cant VT, as i am still quering my agrement with them. Lets hope they go down, by the way it was a leeds number that rang and i can give the guys name, if anyone else been contacted regrding repo.

Somehow, I think that I am rather low down on Welcome's Priority List and the few remaining staff will not be able to get around to answering my letters for months.

Ho Hum.

What goes around, comes around ....Eh Welcome?

Anyone thought of approaching Watchdog or the BBC in general.

I would love to see Welcome's alleged fraudulent activity exposed on the box so that people who don't know about this forum will not succumb to rewrites.

Postie how about you?

CAME ACROSS THIS INTERESTING READ - Moneysupermarket.com - Welcome car finance

Re: Welcome car finance

I worked for Welcome Finance for several yrs and came across several people who had been mis-sold their cars or the cars were not road-worthy.

I know for a FACT that if you persist with your complaint and really threaten to come and dump the car at their office/refuse to make payments they will act. To be honest we were always told to threaten legal action despite the fact in the 5 yrs or so i worked for them they never once took anyone to court - simply because of the high interest rates they didnt want the bad publicity. The longer you hold onto the car the harder it will be to return the car and more liability you are likely to incur. Best bet is take it back and dump at their doorsteps with the keys with a letter telling them your position. Dont let them palm you off with threats - they are just empty threats of action.

Demand to speak to the branch manager of Welcome and tell them you want to return the car due to the fact it was mis-sold under the Sales Act.

Im not sure you will get a refund but im sure they will - IF you persist write off the loan and take the car back.

Finally my recommendation to anyone reading would be DO NOT buy from Welcome Finance. My own experience was they simply dont care once you sign on the dotted line. DO NOT take out their insurances they are utterly useless and can be found much cheaper elsewhere. You end up paying a high interest rate on-top of an already useless insurance policy.

Do speak to a Solicitor regarding your rights or even trading standards should be able to help. I look back with great regret that in my time working there i saw so much done wrong yet didnt do anything about it. They are vermin with little care for anything or anyone bar their targets and manipulating the public.

Further to your recent contact, I can confirm that further to your recent enquiries about policy information details of your query have been passed to the person within Welcome who is responsible for insurances.

If this is not resolved for you within the next week, I will contact him further to get an update as to the status of your query.

Yours sincerely

Sally Evans

Head of Customer Services

Direct Group Limited

im sick of this being passed from pillar to post now. I have sent an SAR to these clowns and NU, realistically what can i expect back.

You need to ask them why they have passed your details on and your enquiry to Welcome when it is DG that make ALL the decisions when it comes to policies - yes that is right!

Who decides if you get paid on a claim - DG

Who decides to turn down a claim - DG

Who gets the money from Welcome for the policy - DG

Who calculates IPT - DG

So why the hell are they asking Welcome about a policy they make all the decisions on??

Anyone thought of approaching Watchdog or the BBC in general.

I would love to see Welcome's alleged fraudulent activity exposed on the box so that people who don't know about this forum will not succumb to rewrites.

Postie how about you?

I've approached them about something but I have to be careful as some of the stuff I know could be part of a criminal investigation so how much Watchdog can do whilst an investigation is ongoing is the issue.

I have something up my sleeve though - anyone know who Tony Hethrington is?? Look him up. :smile:

This thread is too addictive .....;)

Come on everyone, I am happy to contact the BBC, what about all of us getting together and exposing WF a.s.a.p.

All of us have different tales to talk about.

Television is the best place to expose people like this.

Can you imagine Jeremy Paxman interviewing someone from Cattles/Welcome ......:D

PS. I will not do anything until Postie gives us the go ahead.

CAME ACROSS THIS INTERESTING READ - Moneysupermarket.com - Welcome car finance

Re: Welcome car finance

I worked for Welcome Finance for several yrs and came across several people who had been mis-sold their cars or the cars were not road-worthy.

I know for a FACT that if you persist with your complaint and really threaten to come and dump the car at their office/refuse to make payments they will act. To be honest we were always told to threaten legal action despite the fact in the 5 yrs or so i worked for them they never once took anyone to court - simply because of the high interest rates they didnt want the bad publicity. The longer you hold onto the car the harder it will be to return the car and more liability you are likely to incur. Best bet is take it back and dump at their doorsteps with the keys with a letter telling them your position. Dont let them palm you off with threats - they are just empty threats of action.

Demand to speak to the branch manager of Welcome and tell them you want to return the car due to the fact it was mis-sold under the Sales Act.

Im not sure you will get a refund but im sure they will - IF you persist write off the loan and take the car back.

Finally my recommendation to anyone reading would be DO NOT buy from Welcome Finance. My own experience was they simply dont care once you sign on the dotted line. DO NOT take out their insurances they are utterly useless and can be found much cheaper elsewhere. You end up paying a high interest rate on-top of an already useless insurance policy.

Do speak to a Solicitor regarding your rights or even trading standards should be able to help. I look back with great regret that in my time working there i saw so much done wrong yet didnt do anything about it. They are vermin with little care for anything or anyone bar their targets and manipulating the public.

Edited by Voda
PS.

Does anyone know - as quite frankly I cant be bothered to trawl all the way back through this thread about what can be done about incorrect listings on your credit file - sneeky Welcome have put my agreement on there as 37 months not 36. I know this happened to others anything that can be done about it??

this ahppenened to me i emailed credit expert and the whole file was deleted i have now disputed my previous loan has that states 37 has well but i am a member and pay 5.99 per month to them

Dear Mrs

Further to our recent correspondence, I have been contacted by Welcome Financial Services And Barclays Assist. They have requested that I delete the entry that you have disputed (entry C9) from your credit report.

To keep your data secure we do not send any emails that contain personal data from your credit report.

To view this change once it has taken effect, please login to your report at https://www.creditexpert.co.uk/MCCLogin.aspx

I will also delete the following 'Notice of Dispute' relating to this entry:

"THE CONSUMER HAS DISPUTED THE ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA."

Your report will change in the next seven days. Please use this correspondence if you need proof in the meantime.

If you require a hard copy of the amended information, please e-mail by return or call on 0800 656 9000 and we will be happy to send you a letter.

Kind regards

Miss Chloe Savage

Consumer Services Officer

Client Queries

Experian Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 653331 and whose registered office is at Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham, NG80 1TH

----- Original Message -----

To:[email protected]

Date: 19 March 2009

Subject: Secure Web

EXPEMA

this was the reply from credit expert

So have they taken it all off or just the 37 months bit??

Strange I wonder what they are gaining doing that? - do you think the amount they lodged on our files initially were 37 x the monthly payments??

I'm a little confused by it

oooo deleting could be good as my account is now in dispute I know they're not supposed to put anything about a disputed account on your credit file but when have Welcome ever played by the rules.

Still wondering why they do that though may have to dig a little - I bet there is something behind that!

Did you have to send a copy of your agreement showing 36 months or just an email??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks