Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My current agreement (the one for 300 months) is not listed with any of the CRA'S.

All the settled ones are present though, and now corrected, the one showing 181 months is now 180 months. These are still showing under the Welcome name, no sign of being changed to progressive at the moment...

Which side of the fence is mine likely to go, can any one say?

Assuming the bad agreement scenario, what actually happens in regards to liquidation, could anyone explain a little more in laymans terms, just out of curiosity..thanks.

Andi have you read my post on the PPI fiasco, could kick myself for never spotting that before.:eek:

settled agreements wouldn't change I don't think good or bad. Strange your current one not be listed :confused:

basically bad agreements will get offers from Welcome to settle - depends on how you want it sitting on your credit file - if you want to settle it or not. Or they may sell them on to DCA's to pursue - we know they have less morals than Welcome.

I read it a little - I'm logging off so will double check the ins and outs of it fully tomorrow but I remember you questioning whether you should have been given the PPI whilst pregnant - looking at the t & c's it's not something that stops you having it but obviously you're not covered for pregnancy related conditions or time off but you would have been covered for anything non - pregnancy related.

This is the 2nd quote that seemed to think 5p is good.

Essentially you have to think long term - this time last year that share price was £5 per share think about it in those terms and 5p is s**t.

Also remember Cattles have not yet released their 2008 figures nor their restated 2007 frigures - wait for that and see if it's still 5p.

The only people buying this stock are people 'playing' on the stockmarket and thinking thats cheap I'll buy it.

Wait and see

That's very true, I suppose I just preferred the days when it was at 1.95p :D

We took a loan out with Welcome last year with all the PP etc - my husband and I both lost our jobs in Oct and now am getting constant calls from them regarding repayment. They are getting £3.00 per month from us (which is generous considering everyone else is getting a pound) but they still keep adding the interest. Have got to the stage where we r waiting for them to take us to court - then they have no choice but to accept what we can pay and not charge any more interest.

just plucked this from the article.

Unless RBS and the rest of the group’s creditors agree to roll over a £500m credit line that is about to expire, Cattles is likely to fall into administration. Its total debts stretch to more than £3 billion.

Whats the chances that the banks will roll over the debt......banks do the strangest things.

Anyone know anyone that received or receives an annual statement for their personal loans from Welscum?

Hiya Dipply,

I got mine in Jan I think. States my APR is something totally different to the contract. And when phoning welcome they gave me a completely different number to the statement and contract.

So I have 3 APR's running on one loan. How cool is that!

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

Unless RBS and the rest of the group’s creditors agree to roll over a £500m credit line that is about to expire, Cattles is likely to fall into administration. Its total debts stretch to more than £3 billion.

Whats the chances that the banks will roll over the debt......banks do the strangest things.

Morning Mojo,

The problem i am having with this whole shares, stocks and bondholders issue is simple.

Cattles are going to get away with murder because there is no one else who is prepared to cover the market Welcome does. So banks will pump more money into Cattles, get a slap on the wrist and move on. I dont think the company will go t*ts up for that exact reason. I even suspect the goverment is playing a part in all of this by keeping the "sub prime" market with some funding.

Besides who owns most of the banks who are involved with Cattles at this time. Its us, the taxpayers. So if the money is rolled over, we are basically bailing out the exact company that put us through so much pain.

Who knows what happens in the boardrooms and golf courses. Secret handshakes and the whole lot. Its a totally different level these people play in.

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

Morning stewie.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven but i suppose our goverment are that corrupt anyway that having one more corrupt company on there hands makes no odds to them.

The only thing is that i cant see how welcome could possibly survive after the mess they have created. I agree with earlier posts that most of the loans will come under the progressive banner and any potentially unenforceable debts will be sold of to the vermin DCA`s and welcome will be liquidated but what i cant get my head round is that progressive ARE welcome so how can welcome be liquidated and progressive not... they are tied together.

qbar_q.gif?v=22222Is welcome finance in receivership?

In: Uncategorized [Edit categories]

[Edit]

rc_gray1.gif?v=22222rc_gray1b.gif?v=22222 [Edit] abar_a.gif?v=22222

Yes

Liquidation or Rescue?

London company in trouble? Expert free advice, support & guidance

www.companyrescuelondon.co.uk

Sky Special Offer

Join Sky with any package & receive a £25 Tesco gift card when you join

www.Sky.com

Pre Pack Finance

Advice and assistance with buying UK businesses from the Receiver

www.prepackfinance.co.uk

abg-en-100c-000000.gif?v=22222

improve_this_answer.gif?v=22222 disscuss_this_question.gif?v=22222 blue-getupdates-quest.gif?v=22222 sharebtn-white.gif?v=22222 First answer by ID3275669555. Last edit by ID3275669555. Question popularity: 1 [recommend question]

rc_gray1d.gif?v=22222rc_gray1c.gif?v=22222 this is from wiki answers.com

The bank WILL without a dobt roll over this debt - the whole subordination announcement the other day is the pre-cursor for it all. Basically they're gonna do a asset for debt swap. The major backer of Cattles - being RBS - will take a controlling stake in Cattles - parts of Cattles - namely Welcome - will be liquidated and they will, I HOPE, be clearing house of old management and bringing in new.

The article gave the biggest indication of this when it said "whitehall is worried".

The government will not want to bail out RBS AGAIN!! this will mean that the average Joe that knows nothing about Cattles etc will be fuming that we are proping up the bank again.

Without rolling this loan over etc Cattles will go tits up and RBS loses its £500 mill.

Also how good is the government going to look with 3000 staff being made redundant - they are thinking damage limitation as much as possible.

So you just watch - as quietly as possible this will all happen.

Morning stewie.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven but i suppose our goverment are that corrupt anyway that having one more corrupt company on there hands makes no odds to them.

The only thing is that i cant see how welcome could possibly survive after the mess they have created. I agree with earlier posts that most of the loans will come under the progressive banner and any potentially unenforceable debts will be sold of to the vermin DCA`s and welcome will be liquidated but what i cant get my head round is that progressive ARE welcome so how can welcome be liquidated and progressive not... they are tied together.

Mojo

Progressive is not Welcome

Progressive is Cattles

Welcome is Cattles

Shopacheck is Cattles

Welcome will go

Shopacheck will probably go

Progressive will stay

Cattles will stay

Mojo

Progressive is not Welcome

Progressive is Cattles

Welcome is Cattles

Shopacheck is Cattles

Welcome will go

Shopacheck will probably go

Progressive will stay

Cattles will stay

but on the agrrements it says progresive trading as welcome...... have i misunderstood again....im useless

Ha ha ha - LMFAO

I have just seen an advert in the Mail on Sunday for NU (aviva) saying how customers sshould expect clarity from financial institutions - It's such a pain my scanner is not working as I wanted to upload it - however I am going to cut it out and forward it to be looked at by the CEO along with my complaint about them.

This is almost as classic as getting a letter from the woman at NU that I complained about saying she had recieved my complaint!! :D

Hi everyone :) - I have been trying to find a more specific contact at NU for complaints than just addressing it to the chief executives office and I have come across the following site, which may be of some use:

CEO e-mail addresses - CEO email address - chief executive officer - managing director

The chief executive of aviva is Andrew Moss and his e-mail address is [email protected]

I wonder if it would be worth addressing our complaints here as I really don't think the people we are complaining about should be passed the complaint back to deal with.

apologies if this information is already known -I get a bit forgetful as to what has already been discussed :)

You're not useless they're just all sides of the same coin - they all belong to Cattles so they can liquidate one whilst leaving the other. They have different company registration numbers etc

Thanks andi....as always...helpfull as ever...thankyou

Hi everyone :) - I have been trying to find a more specific contact at NU for complaints than just addressing it to the chief executives office and I have come across the following site, which may be of some use:

CEO e-mail addresses - CEO email address - chief executive officer - managing director

The chief executive of aviva is Andrew Moss and his e-mail address is [email protected]

I wonder if it would be worth addressing our complaints here as I really don't think the people we are complaining about should be passed the complaint back to deal with.

apologies if this information is already known -I get a bit forgetful as to what has already been discussed :)

Thanks for this - I'm going to give it a whirl - with the clipping from the Mail On Sunday :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks