Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

had a call today to ring welcome anyone else had one waiting for them to call back now

No - and i'm very surprised i'm 10 days my dd date which I cancelled - and now I really don't think they have really put my account into dispute so I'm sure it's just them being a bit slow - I'm so excited for when they do call - know exactly what i'm gonna say, got my recorder ready - bring it on! :p

Just been talking to our companies rep from the bank who finance our products. His commenets were that When they sell ppi, they have to go through needs and demands with the customer to first of all qulify the customer and second to prove if they requsted it or not. On a lot of occasions the customer does not meet there insurance criteria so wont be offered it. They do there needs and demands questionaire so if it is disputed, they have the proof to prove that the customer requested the insurance otherwise it is mis-sold. He found it obsured that an insurance company cannot possibley hold data on any person that they underwrite a policy for and suggested that something is definately not right there. As far as we as customers are concerned, we have a policy to cover us for whatever the cover is but because no needs and demands have been carried out and the underwriters have no data on us then it is just pot luck if you get paid out so in effect, we dont really have a policy..... that was his view anyway.

some Welcome customers have a needs and demands but it's a load of crap - all filled in by the sales person and theres no portion where it asks any questions to assess whether you would or not qualify it just gives a short breakdown of each policy and basically the sales person fills in what you qualify to have i.e. if you have a car they fill in the car bits if it's a secured home loan its the homecare stuff etc.

More importantly no medical questionaire...

Important in my case as there is no way this insurance would pay out as I have an existing medical condition that affects me daily and I will be medicated for life - first referred to the neurologist in 2004 and filnally diagnosed in 2006 a whole 9 months before taking out this loan.

DG have even said they wouldn't pay out - so why am I still paying for it as Welcome have refused to cancel it??

Court can't come soon enough!!

Hi All

It's interesting that people are having mixed responses from Welcome whether accounts are in dispute or not...I started my dispute just under a year ago when I decided to sell property, stupidly showed my hand being naive but honest and queried all the faults with CCA etc, put account into dispute regardless of whether it was legal or not (they sent me copies of CCA and a substantial SAR all within time limits, including another persons documentation!) although I went through Fos and was told after 6mths they could do nothing, which I know welcome are aware of, I still consider the account in dispute.

I haven't paid them a penny since, they have never asked for payment, no bullish tactics, no default court action. Nothing, very unlike them. Now this could be them hedging their bets and hoping they will get any equity left on property, they were contacted last week by my solicitor, yet they still haven't sent a settlement or stopped the sale, it's all very odd, thought they would have swooped like the vultures they are, but not yet.

In my book, inaction is as much a sign of guilt and deception as their normal tactics to confuse and bully...still awaiting the outcome. If they stop the sale (and I hope they read this) I WILL hand the keys to the mortgage company...I have rented somewhere else, moving regardless, they can pick the bones that Halifax throw them! I'm cutting the gangrene out regardless and sending everything to the FSA and anyone else who can help bring them down. Sod them.

Also when I spoke to a senior person in Welcome they stated that they would most definitely not take me to court, AND any they would look more favourably on letting a sale go through and accepting quote "whatever they can get, they get" if I was to make payments again. I clarified I was not in any position to do this. Alas too late to spoon the sugar on for me Welcome.

The thing is I have never had a paoblem with Welcome until I questioned why I had PPI I could not use - I even kept them 13 months worth of payments whilst they kept refusing to cancel PPI without referring it to NU (which I have learned they are now supposed to do). I can legally dispute it as the claim in court is worth more than the amount outstanding on the loan but I din't for one minute believe Welcome have frozen it - guess it depends if they want to incur the judges wrath or not as I have the total outstanding when it went to dispute in a statement from them so if it increases by the time we get to court I will be making the judge have a word!

I did a SAR in September last year - never recieved it - no matter to me though dug up stuff myslef a hell of a lot more incriminating than anything they would have ever given me :)

Andie I think you obviously are armed and have a strong case. I am enlightened every day by this forum and I have less justification for my fight, I took the loan stupidly and couldn't afford it, My case is the mental, emotional and financial rape they have inflicted since through their greed and arrogance of having (a rather shoddy) secured charge which seems to give them carte blanche to do what they like, relatively ungoverned. it is only through forums like this and the power of honest communication that companies like this will be regulated more strongly, or at the very least people will be more aware of their rights and options.

I take my hat off to all of you and hope that any info that comes my way can help a little. What Welcome didn't expect with me is that I am a hoarder and I have every single thing related to my accounts, everything including intimidating notes put through my door...All going to FSA :)

ha ha ha God bless the hoarders :p

I fall into this category too !! :eek: Im a hoarder!!

I knew it would all come in handy one day !!:-D

But could you imagine if i had to hoard for another 300 months ? ;)

Any news off Postie yet ? Im busting to know how he got on in the warren.

B-o-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Received a letter from Chris Palmer today. He's stating that Wilson v FCT doesn't apply to me as it was included in the Total Charge for Credit. He's also saying that I should be making my contractual payments. I've just emailed him to say it's with FOS now and I expect the account to be on hold until they've looked into this.

Quite right mojo.

It doesn't matter what you did or didn't sign if you aren't eligible for any of the benefits then that's strong prima facie evidence you've been mis-sold..........unless of course you lied........but then why would you

its allways interesting to read some of the comments by x-welcome employees on some of the forums. They allaways mention that insurance is just added to boost commissions, something we all know is true anyway. Needs and demands must be carried out and stored by some kind of recordable medium, if these cannot be produced then that is a case for mis-selling as like andie, she has an ongoing medical condition and if needs and demands and a health survey had been carried out then it would have been determined that she was not elligable and saved themselves some money as she will now take them to the cleaners.. and good on her.

Morning everyone,

Happy Easter.

Being the Devil's Advocate here !!!!

Could WF say in Court that Andie should have disclosed at the time of signing that she had an ongoing health problem?

Obviously I am not fully acquainted with all the facts in her case so I might be talking rubbish.

Anyone who can win against WF is a hero/heroine in my book.....:)

its allways interesting to read some of the comments by x-welcome employees on some of the forums. They allaways mention that insurance is just added to boost commissions, something we all know is true anyway. Needs and demands must be carried out and stored by some kind of recordable medium, if these cannot be produced then that is a case for mis-selling as like andie, she has an ongoing medical condition and if needs and demands and a health survey had been carried out then it would have been determined that she was not elligable and saved themselves some money as she will now take them to the cleaners.. and good on her.

Morning everyone,

Happy Easter.

Could WF say in Court that Andie should have disclosed at the time of signing that she had an ongoing health problem?

Obviously I am not fully acquainted with all the facts in her case so I might be talking rubbish.

Happy easter voda, hope the easter bunny brings you loads of eggs.

If that question was asked in court, im sure the judge would respond by saying that if welcome had done there jobs correctly and completed a health survey then the issue would have been determined at that point as needs and demands/ surveys are a two way thing. With mine, it was just added and was told that we had to have it to get the loan, however we did not sign that section but a signature that is nothing like mine has been added. The trouble is that when welcome put this insurance on your agreement, that is is all they do, they just ad it on and hope they get away with it as they have done for so long. Most of the welcome employees dont hang around for long enough to face the consecuencies of the mis-sell they just view it as a big commission at the point opf sale.

Morning everyone,

Happy Easter.

Hi Voda

Yes you have a point BUT had they said to me (actually had they even asked me if I wanted insurance would have been a start but lets not go there) Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions?

My answer would of course been yes - something I take medication for everyday, affects my ability to work and is something I will have for the rest of my life.

But no was not asked, should have filled in a medical questionnaire which then Welcome would have been aware the policies were no good for me but again no such questionnaire provided.

The Lifecare is the one that gets me I don't drink don't smoke don't do drugs and yet I would pay the same for my so called lifecare and Mr Drug Addict Alcholic with a BMI of 40.1!! Now tell me how that can happen??

Anyway whats grerat about taking a missold PPI to court is that I don't have to prove a thing - it's for them to prove they and their policies met my demands - something they cannot do in a million years!

Hi Andie,

That's great news so you should win the day convincingly.

Thank you for clarifying ......:)

Have a lovely Easter.

Take care

Voda

Hi Voda

Yes you have a point BUT had they said to me (actually had they even asked me if I wanted insurance would have been a start but lets not go there) Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions?

My answer would of course been yes - something I take medication for everyday, affects my ability to work and is something I will have for the rest of my life.

But no was not asked, should have filled in a medical questionnaire which then Welcome would have been aware the policies were no good for me but again no such questionnaire provided.

The Lifecare is the one that gets me I don't drink don't smoke don't do drugs and yet I would pay the same for my so called lifecare and Mr Drug Addict Alcholic with a BMI of 40.1!! Now tell me how that can happen??

Anyway whats grerat about taking a missold PPI to court is that I don't have to prove a thing - it's for them to prove they and their policies met my demands - something they cannot do in a million years!

Happy Easter mojo8,

I am on a diet so no eggs for me sadly .....:(

Of course Andie has just replied and for a Welcome employee to forge your signature is very much a Criminal Offence.

I hope that you get them.....:)

Take care

Voda

Happy easter voda, hope the easter bunny brings you loads of eggs.

If that question was asked in court, i'm sure the judge would respond by saying that if welcome had done there jobs correctly and completed a health survey then the issue would have been determined at that point as needs and demands/ surveys are a two way thing. With mine, it was just added and was told that we had to have it to get the loan, however we did not sign that section but a signature that is nothing like mine has been added. The trouble is that when welcome put this insurance on your agreement, that is is all they do, they just add it on and hope they get away with it as they have done for so long. Most of the welcome employees dont hang around for long enough to face the consequencies of the mis-sell they just view it as a big commission at the point of sale.

Happy Easter mojo8,

I am on a diet so no eggs for me sadly .....:(

Of course Andie has just replied and for a Welcome employee to forge your signature is very much a Criminal Offence.

I hope that you get them.....:)

Take care

Voda

cheers voda

have a great easter, just have one of those little tiny chocolate eggs.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks