Petiton to the FSA demanding removal of waiver

duncan_disorderly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another quick Reminder for those signing the petition:

ALSO COMPLAIN TO YOUR MP ABOUT THE UNFAIR AND BIASED WAY THE FSA HAS HANDLED THE THE OFT CASE WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSEDLY ESTABLISHED TO SUPPORT CONSUMERS, NOT ISOLATE THEM

Just 5 Easy Steps!

1. Use the template letter here
  2. Copy the text (amend if necessary but it will be fine as is for most people).
  3. click the link to the site shown at the bottom of the letter or click here
  4. Follow the instructions on the site to send to your MP (it will tell you who your MP is if you do not know.
  5. Go here to tell us which MP you've written to.

The letter can also be re-purposed to send to other representatives (Euro MPs, MSPs, Councillors etc.) - just modify it yourself as required

Thank you!

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Hi all,

This petition now has over 3,100 signatures, and this one over 10,000.

Why do we need another one as created by Martin Lewis today? There are enough already.

Muggy

LTSB £9,356 settled in full through the FOS

SIGN the petition to make banks deal with charges

COMPLAIN to your MP about the FSA waiver and the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT

Test Case is being handled.

Good on Martin I say - about time too. The more complaints the better.

Any link to Martins patition?

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

Hi guys,

Two problems.

1. It dilutes the message and the number of signatories - apart from the two above, some of the others have many less than the 200 signatures required to even receive a reply!

2. Its content tends to undermine, probably unintentionally, some of the other petitions that have been running for some time.

Muggy

COMPLAIN to your MP about the FSA waiver and the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

signed,

but in agreement with some points, not enough clarification regarding what we WILL lose from the FAS, FOS and OFT submision to the banks.

The statute of limitations response from the group, WHY 6years and NOT 10 yrs, 15yrs, 20 yrs, 25yrs or 30 yeras?, my inlaws have only just started their claim (through me) and the last 6 years have'nt been that bad (retired) but before that they had a torrid time with charges and reckon about £20k not including any interest was unlawfully taken fromtheir account (same account same bank for last 25 years), yet their claim might be depleated through this current action.:mad:

Come on guys, don't give into the banks statute of limitations, let's get the statute of limitation atleast taken back to when it was written in 1988/89? give some people the chance to claim back on accounts that have been closed beyond 6 yrs.:mad:

stay fresh peeps

regards

chris

I wont be signing, for reasons that I have stated many times in my posts about the 'charter'.

Muggy

Muggy

The petition the original thread refers to was started by Mottley Fool. It is a petition to the FSA regarding lifting of their unfair waiver. Another bonus is that you can actually leave a personal comment as to why you feel so strongly against the decision.

It is not a petition in favour of the charter, as I myself have argued against the £5 clause.

Hi Duncan,

There is a bit of confusion. I have signed the original thread petition. The one I will not sign is the one mentioned above (by ICY in an earlier post on this thread) and started by ML.

Cheers and thanks.

Muggy

Good on Martin I say - about time too. The more complaints the better.

Any link to Martins patition?

I would just like to say that I posted the link i response to the above question, i linked to the petition after someone asked for it, regardless wether i have signed it or not. ;)

:madgrin:

I have signed all of them - took a couple of minutes of my time - for something that could affect the rest of my life.