iQOR Recovery Services - help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Hope you can help with this one!

My partner has been dealing with iQOR regarding a £5K debt from the CSA.

They have sent a letter demanding full amount. We in turn sent a letter asking them to accept £40 a month with a breakdown of our expenses about a month ago.

They have started chasing him for money demanding full amount. He eventually spoke to a supervisor who said they would accept the £40 a month although he missed a payment??? and took his debit card details.

He phoned again this morning as we have not received written confirmation of our agreement, nor have we given them bank details to set up the standing order.

They have told him that they will take the money on the 20th of the month using the credit card details we previously provided. Are they allowed to retain these details and can they technically take what they want?

They have also told him that they don't have to write to him accepting the £40 pound offer as it is still ok. Is this also not worrying that we have no written confirmation of the agreement?

Sorry its a long one, hope you can help.

12-03-07 Halifax Received £1800

05-06-07 Halifax II Small Claim Served for £2503

Capital One - Won £768

Halifax Credit Card - Won £756

Noodle, in the first instance I would report the credit/debit card as lost, then cut it up, that way if they try and take a payments the bank won't authorise it! The bank/credit card company will then issue you with a new card. :)

• Haha 1

Good idea - but then we are not technically adhering to the £40 a month scenario even though we have no confirmation it has been accepted?

12-03-07 Halifax Received £1800

05-06-07 Halifax II Small Claim Served for £2503

Capital One - Won £768

Halifax Credit Card - Won £756

Good idea - but then we are not technically adhering to the £40 a month scenario even though we have no confirmation it has been accepted?

EVERYTHING in writing - Just write to them (after you've cancelled card) and tell them you will set up a DD for £40 per month once you have it in writing from them that they agree to this. Don't ever phone these people.

• Haha 1

Just hate every DCA out there

• 11 months later...

heya noodle, basically iQor don't have to send you a confirmation letter of the agreement, if you do wish to take the card details from the account you need to ring up and they will remove them from the dialler straight away.

if you are happy paying the £40 a month which was agreed, you can ask IQor for thier standing order details so you can do it through your partners bank.

If you do wish for it to be taken via card iQor do not do a direct debit so the agent will either ring you or your partner will ring in on the day of the month you have arranged to pay on and make the £40 payment.

if you do not wish the company to store the details just tell them, or you can save them so its easier next time.

they will NOT take anymore money than agreed from the account because for one it will show on the bank statement anyway and for two its against the law.

CSA is a tricky one because they were in a bit of a mess, but it is a goverment debt so it will never go away.

basically if your parntner sticks to the arrangment made (every 90 days IQor will ring to try and get an uplift on the £40) he will pay then debt off and bobs your uncle its over.

sorry that was a long one, just didnt think you were getting the right advice because by cutting your card up dosnt solve anything it just makes you have to get a new one, when all you have to do is remove it and i can promise you they will take it off.

heya noodle, basically iQor don't have to send you a confirmation letter of the agreement, if you do wish to take the card details from the account you need to ring up and they will remove them from the dialler straight away.

if you are happy paying the £40 a month which was agreed, you can ask IQor for thier standing order details so you can do it through your partners bank.

If you do wish for it to be taken via card iQor do not do a direct debit so the agent will either ring you or your partner will ring in on the day of the month you have arranged to pay on and make the £40 payment.

if you do not wish the company to store the details just tell them, or you can save them so its easier next time.

they will NOT take anymore money than agreed from the account because for one it will show on the bank statement anyway and for two its against the law.

CSA is a tricky one because they were in a bit of a mess, but it is a goverment debt so it will never go away.

basically if your parntner sticks to the arrangment made (every 90 days IQor will ring to try and get an uplift on the £40) he will pay then debt off and bobs your uncle its over.

sorry that was a long one, just didnt think you were getting the right advice because by cutting your card up dosnt solve anything it just makes you have to get a new one, when all you have to do is remove it and i can promise you they will take it off.

Just out of interest which dept in IQOR do you work in, i could address my letters to you in future then they may be read!

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Would this be the same iQor who rang me on at least five occasions over one weekend and refused to give there company name totally against OFT guidelines etc. Who told me they were a telephone only company when I said I will communicate only in writing. Who tried to tell me that they did not have to supply any information with regard to CCA s78 request as there was no CCA required when a debt was sold to them through law of Property etc.

iQor are just another set of gutter scraper ****

Oh and by the way iQor I am being polite to you.

dpick:)

Would this be the same iQor who rang me on at least five occasions over one weekend and refused to give there company name totally against OFT guidelines etc. Who told me they were a telephone only company when I said I will communicate only in writing. Who tried to tell me that they did not have to supply any information with regard to CCA s78 request as there was no CCA required when a debt was sold to them through law of Property etc.

iQor are just another set of gutter scraper ****

Oh and by the way iQor I am being polite to you.

dpick:)

Yes i think thats them, ive been getting at least 5 calls a day for the last 3 weeks, this despite a CCA request and complaint of harrassment.

Hope the poster in post 5 is reading this

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site