walton v rbos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Banks have a habit of using the transaction transfer of funds and any payments one has made against that - ie; statements to prove an arrangement was entered into.

I'd be rewording that post to say;

Banks have a habit of attempting to rely on the transaction transfer of funds and any payments one has made against that - ie; statements to prove an arrangement was entered into.

We all know differently since Wilson -v- FCT...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh he sounds important then. Expect a few questions raised there then.

Various reporters have been liaising with my MP today, they very much like the fact his previous government role was secretary to the treasury.

Trading Standards confirmed today that the borrowers name and address needs to be included in copy documents. My mate at the OFT has also changed his position on the subject, he now says he doesn't know, and is putting it to their lawyers.

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

...if I was you, I'd quickly get someone like Max Clifford to handle all you affairs...
PW was a happily married man the last time I heard.

...He DOESN'T have affairs!

Even when he was younger, he was the shy + retiring type when it came to such matters.

So much so, that peeps would have thought that GOD accompanied him home from school + on occasional evening soirees.

I'm afraid Max Clifford wouldn't have any skeletons to cover up + would soon get very bored.

...:D

Trading Standards confirmed today that the borrowers name and address needs to be included in copy documents. My mate at the OFT has also changed his position on the subject, he now says he doesn't know, and is putting it to their lawyers.

Paul

:shock::-x:shock:

Expect to see some revised "advice and guidance" then! Peter Bard will be pleased! (Along with the rest of us!)

:rolleyes:

Yep l fully agree there car. New things to get our head round will be fun.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

[/color][/i]

Banks have a habit of using the transaction transfer of funds and any payments one has made against that - ie; statements to prove an arrangement was entered into.

The payment record surely is no proof of anything. You could say that the arrangement was for 10p per month and they have been taking out too much each month.

What I'm trying to say is that at some time, they will have to have actual proof ie a signature, that you agreed to anything.

The payment record surely is no proof of anything. You could say that the arrangement was for 10p per month and they have been taking out too much each month.

What I'm trying to say is that at some time, they will have to have actual proof ie a signature, that you agreed to anything.

Agreed, but until we get to that point, (the actual Court hearing) they'll bluff their way through hoping to get Summary Judgment, or the like. (Take a look in the HFC/Restons sub-forum, as this is standard practise for them!)

Obviously hoping a litigant in person won't "take it all the way"! ;)

You are quite right, I couldn't agree more, but sadly that does not reflect on what happens in court. Our experiences in the Cabot Fan Club is that a Judge 'assumes' in all probability that an agreement existed after the smart a**ed barrister explained the process of a credit card agreement coming by post with the card and the statements of account being in existance.. now whilst one has a right to appeal, it is bad enough for some people getting the first court hearing past 'Go' let alone go on to an appeal - this is where getting the support of others on here is so important. We in the Fan Club are made of strong stuff and will not allow things like that to ruffle us, but the majority either haven't the time or courage to step into court on claims and legal procedures they know little about. Our fight is to make things happen automatically so these bullies don't get away with it on consumers who otherwise could have no voice. They (DCA's & Banks and Judges come to that) have to have it carved out on their desks and in the psyci that things have changed. So many on CAG have achieved this already

with their constant encouragement to everyone who comes on for help, we all just have to carry that on, pass on our knowledge and educate the authorities, the consumer and these shyster outfits who seem to think they can carry on regardless.

So much is going on behind the scenes some would be amazed, but the **** HAS hit the fan :D and what better example than Paul on here? I met him in Dec 2006 when he began, it's been a long haul and his dedication to exposing this derives from his need for truth and common law justice and the fact that he will not let those who we trusted get away with this.

Well done Paul, well done everyone else.. and there's a load more like this to come believe me from the Cabot fan Club - we've concentrated on debt Collection Agencies and now it's their turn to hit the headlines.. watch this space :D

Sarah and loving it!:p

• Haha 1

My local paper are featuring the story Friday. They are extremely interested in how the bank were going to write off the interest.

I have emailed my MP again with further evidence to support another allegation.

Paul

Winston Churchill

My local newspaper have just contacted me after receiving the bank's response. they've told the reporter that both my overdraft and personal loan WERE converted into Capital and interest loans to consolidate the debt, But it doesn't matter now because the CCJ supersedes the agreements. WHAT! (first time they've admitted this by the way) What if the accounts had not been subjected to the CCJ Two months after default?. They are in a real mess and are now trying to justify the existance of the accounts.

Paul.

Winston Churchill

Has he paid U back that fiver he MUST have cadged off U, yet??...:lol:

...This website is getting smaller by the day!...:rolleyes::p

...lol...:grin:

It was a tenner actually, and i never went to the bar. See some of your old tricks did rub off on me. lol

Winston Churchill

My local newspaper have just contacted me after receiving the bank's response. they've told the reporter that both my overdraft and personal loan WERE converted into Capital and interest loans to consolidate the debt, But it doesn't matter now because the CCJ supersedes the agreements. WHAT! (first time they've admitted this by the way) What if the accounts had not been subjected to the CCJ Two months after default?. They are in a real mess and are now trying to justify the existance of the accounts.

Paul.

...reminds me of that ole saying " When in a hole........"

It was a tenner actually...

actually it was 20 quid...
If nobody has a True Copy of the aforementioned signed Credit Agreement...Did it ACTUALLY take place??...;)

Can anyone provide documentary proof of this accounting 'irregularity'??

...WHERE + WHO do I have to send the S.A.R. to??...:confused:

btw...£5 @ a nominal Daily Compounded Contractual Interest % Rate of, say 29.4% p.a. = Approx £30k...:eek:

...Am willing to settle out of Court though, for the price of a Pint or three...:p

...:D

:shock::-x:shock:

Expect to see some revised "advice and guidance" then! Peter Bard will be pleased! (Along with the rest of us!)

:rolleyes:

HI

Yes it is nice to see that someone at the OFT can read perhaps the next step is that they will stumble accross section 180

(2) A duty imposed by any provision of this Act (except section 35) to supply a copy of any

document—

(a) is not satisfied unless the copy supplied is in the prescribed form and

conforms to the prescribed requirements;

Best regards

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I've just spoke with the bank's legal Dept they have suspended all interest accruing on the account. When i asked if they'd ever a had legal entitlement to apply such interest, they declined to answer. Not good enough. They will have to answer my MP.

This will be confirmed in writing.

Winston Churchill

I've just spoke with the bank's legal Dept they have suspended all interest accruing on the account. When i asked if they'd ever a had legal entitlement to apply such interest, they declined to answer. Not good enough. They will have to answer my MP.

This will be confirmed in writing.

Hi,

Superb stuff Paul, keep it up!

Jeff.

l think the song goes, Pressure pushing down on you.

Looks like they may have to now start answering some tough questions.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Spent an hour today handing copies of the article out outside my local branch. After distributing copies to the counter staff they got extremely upset when i asked if i could put one up on the wall.

I intend to dish these copies out until the bank closes these Frankenstein accounts and coughs up for loss of earnings.

Paul

Winston Churchill

Spent an hour today handing copies of the article out outside my local branch. After distributing copies to the counter staff they got extremely upset when i asked if i could put one up on the wall.

I intend to dish these copies out until the bank closes these Frankenstein accounts and coughs up for loss of earnings.

Paul

I can smell NATWESTSUCKS.COM in the vicinity