walton v rbos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a thought.....it might not mean anything.

Mrs D and I had seperate accounts and joint accounts but they lumped us into the same 'ROUTER' account.

So when he says that 'Each Customer' has their own 'ROUTER' account, he's wrong! AGAIN!

D

Edited by DandD
typo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically, router accounts are set up to prevent THEM making mistakes. Just in case theres another Paul Walton, with the same account numbers, & same address, also gets into debt with the RBS.:D

So why the secrecy.

Debs

If you were operating a recovery account which was accumalating fictitious interest thus boosting your book debt, wouldn't you want to keep it secret.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Same as me Debs,

I found out about my "Router Account" because the RBS had put it in their defence bundle after telling me 3 times prior to this it held no information on me whatsoever.

Now they say the public should not see these accounts.................then if that is not meant to be secret.......what is ??.

sparkie

Paul,

You keep getting it wrong, there not "SECRET ACCOUNTS", they are "INTERNAL ACCOUNTS", sorry, "HISTORIC INTERNAL ACCOUNTS" don't you know the difference.:D:D:D

Debs

Sorry. Accounts not for public disclosure.

Sparkie's router is "his personal account in a different format"

My router is the differential between two accounts i thought had been closed in 1998.

D&Ds router is three accounts lumped together.

Strange accounting practice.

Edited by paulwlton

Winston Churchill

The explanation of the new "router account" number ......to prevent duplication with customers with the same name....................I would have thought that the unique bank account Number given to your bank account, one which is recognised through out the world banking system would be sufficient to attend those particular needs............no one else has the same account number as you ...so what is the problem and why change the account number......to enable manipulation of accounts .....and for no other reason.

sparkie

This is something I have never understood either. Most of OH's credit card accounts have the "unique account number". Then there are internal account numbers whereby it makes it easier for them to find you.. their words not mine... If the account number is unique then why cant they find him using that ??

Come on Sparkie

Say what you mean.......don't beat around the bush!!

D

:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Group litigation orders (GLOs): The court can make a GLO where a number of claims are brought which give rise to "common or related issues of fact or law".

Paul, weve sent off the letter of complaint & copied the new guy at RBS, & our MP. We'll have to see what the banks response will be. But realistically, "Plausable Denial" seems to be RBS's stance.

So, how about it. Lets join forces......nuke the Bawstuards.

Debs

Also,

did you know, a case that is accepted as a GLO, a case that can be referred to as a "test case" is automatically assigned to multi-track, and so funding can be obtained from the legal services commision.

So,

Can a bank close a customers current account without there knowledge or consent?

Can a bank open loan accounts in a customers name without there knowledge or consent?

Can they litigate on these "NEW" accounts ?

Can they add interest & charges on these "NEW" accounts after judgement ?

If the conclusion is NO, then the bank have acted unlawfully.

Are the bank disclosing these "NEW" accounts on there balance sheet?

If they have acted unlawfully for financial gain, then they should face a substancial level of damages.

Just a thought.

Debs

Also,

did you know, a case that is accepted as a GLO, a case that can be referred to as a "test case" is automatically assigned to multi-track, and so funding can be obtained from the legal services commision.

So,

Can a bank close a customers current account without there knowledge or consent?

Can a bank open loan accounts in a customers name without there knowledge or consent?

Can they litigate on these "NEW" accounts ?

Can they add interest & charges on these "NEW" accounts after judgement ?

If the conclusion is NO, then the bank have acted unlawfully.

Are the bank disclosing these "NEW" accounts on there balance sheet?

If they have acted unlawfully for financial gain, then they should face a substancial level of damages.

Just a thought.

Debs

I'd prefer to see someone spending a holiday behind bars.

Winston Churchill

In view of the latest revelations about Sir Fred Goodwin ...I think he should be stripped of his knighthood and brought to book in no uncertain manner....I have just e-mailed my MP Andrew Miller with more informtion of the lies that are told by RBS.......The RBS have more lies ready than they have money ( That aint much is it though?) then more lies than they have staff.

If false accounting and fraud happens at consumer level like Me, Paul, D&D and others .....what goes on at top level!!!????????.

sparkie

after todays debacle of the rbs share price ( down approx 65%) to 11.8 pence ?

the following post might be of interest to rbs credit card holders

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1928576.html

:D

Tam Wing Chuen -v- Bank of Credit and Commerce Hong Kong Ltd [1996] 2 BCLC 69

PC

Lord Mustill Commonwealth,

Lord Mustill discussed the need to construe a contract contra preferentem: "the basis of the contra proferentem principle is that the person who puts forward the wording of a proposed agreement may be assumed to have looked after his own interests, so that if words leave room for doubt about whether he is intended to have a particular benefit there is reason to suppose that he is not."