walton v rbos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear indeed!!

Come on guys, bang some comments on the website

David

PS I think you just hit that one into the stands!! Shot sir.

Methinks there will be lots of comments.

Make sure there's links everywhere guys.

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

ops lets see them try and explain them selves now.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

.....but didn't RBSs Lawters claim in a witness statement submitted into court that all my accounts were accurate and upto date, but confirmed earlier to my MP - "Mr Walton's accounts had been set up incorrectly".

I'm not a lawyer but that reeks of intentialy misleading the court.

Oh Dear Oh Dear!

Winston Churchill

Excellent. What are they going to do now? :D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

ummmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Media Centre

Contact Media Relations

Media Relations can only deal with calls from journalists. If you have any concerns about an aspect of our service please first contact your local branch. If you still have concerns please contact our Customer Relations Unit on xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you are a customer of The Royal Bank of Scotland or xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you are a NatWest customer. For general enquiries, please call the main switchboard on xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

The Royal Bank of Scotland and NatWest media centre is open from 08:30 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. For out-of-hours media enquiries please call xxxxxxxxxxxxxx for the duty press officer.

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Are any of the TV news channels going to pick this up?

HAK

It's been covered in most of the Sunday paper reviews.

I saw it being mentioned early on in The Andrew Marr Show this morning, if anyone would like to iPlayer that program.

Be nice if Inland Revenue & Customs picked it up.

10 phoney accounts like this @ 100k unrecoverable balance = £1,000,000 write off for taxation purposes. Put money down it's the tip of the iceberg.

Wonder how many other institutions copied the RBS [problem], (If indeed it was RBS who dreamt it up to start with).

As RBS can't seem to explain to the press for what 'internal accounting' purposes these accounts actually serve, mabey the above should be asking the questions.

David

Could you remind us all Paul how yourself and others got hold of this info in the first place?

Was it in response to a standard SAR, or was it pursued through the courts or ICO ?

Apart from how dumb they were to carry out such practices, I can't believe how dumb they were to actually reveal it all !!

.... Some heads are really going to roll over this !!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

10 phoney accounts like this @ 100k unrecoverable balance = £1,000,000 write off for taxation purposes. Put money down it's the tip of the iceberg.

Wonder how many other institutions copied the RBS [problem], (If indeed it was RBS who dreamt it up to start with).

As RBS can't seem to explain to the press for what 'internal accounting' purposes these accounts actually serve, mabey the above should be asking the questions.

David

Maybe HMR&C as well as shareholders.

Winston Churchill

Could you remind us all Paul how yourself and others got hold of this info in the first place?

Was it in response to a standard Subject Access Request, or was it pursued through the courts or Information Commissioners Office ?

Apart from how dumb they were to carry out such practices, I can't believe how dumb they were to actually reveal it all !!

.... Some heads are really going to roll over this !!

RBSs deceit was exposed after they responded to a standard Subject Access Request and CCA request. It is my understanding that this creative activity was widespread in the nineties.

I will be forwarding a letter to RBSs lawyers this week to seek clarification that the witness statement they submitted into court confirming that all my accounts are accurate and up to date was correct.

Paul

Winston Churchill

David

Yes, this is what was discussed on The AM Show - they were talking about how this type of behaviour has resulted in the credit crunch, because the likes of RBS are clearly using accounting techniques to "create" debts that the company relies on, then using those debts to chase debtors, resulting in negative equities all over the place.

I will be forwarding a letter to RBSs lawyers this week to seek clarification that the witness statement they submitted into court confirming that all my accounts are accurate and up to date was correct.

Paul

It may be useful to print off the articles from the ST and include those in your letter, Paul.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when that particular time bomb is opened...

I had asked the Inland Revenue questions about these router accounts some 9 months or so ago.......they had never heard of them.......I also asked as to how an account (mine in particular could have TWO book debts),,they were not aware of either and couldn't answer the questions ...but also said they could only act if the treasury asked them to..............I had made the Prime minister aware of the facts 12 months ago and the Treasury..............Action taken ......none.

sparkie

Yes, this is what was discussed on The AM Show - they were talking about how this type of behaviour has resulted in the credit crunch, because the likes of RBS are clearly using accounting techniques to "create" debts that the company relies on, then using those debts to chase debtors, resulting in negative equities all over the place.

A debt being an asset when it comes onto the balance sheet.

David

The way that I understand it is that an unsecured OVERDRAFT on a CURRENT account is shown as a LIABILITY on the banks balance sheet, but an unsecured LOAN account is shown as an ASSET.

We believe this is why our accounts were changed from 'Current' to 'Loan' accounts without our knowledge.

D