Ebay contact details for seller?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story but basically bought an item, she didn't send it by the time she said and it was needed for a holiday so she said she'd refund. 1wk on despite telephone calls & emails - she's not in, in shower etc etc..

Its for £96, now I paid by paypal, have opened dispute but she has 0% feedback (yes I could cry now) she said she had transerred money so she couldn't refund immediately. Highly unlikely paypal will recover the money.

So I'm thinking ahead...I have requested her contact details from Ebay, who have supplied a telephone number - no address.

How can I get her address? I am happy to go down the small claims route but will need her address? There was the option to send a cheque and I'm kicking myself that I didn't note the address.

I'm a single mum, I'd saved for months to buy this buggy for my daughter. I'm absolutely gutted.

I am sorry that you have had problems on Ebay, but all is not lost!!

If you go into your Ebay and click on items won, you will see the item that you have purchased...

At the side there should be a drop down menu I think it will give you payment options there i.e the address where to send the cheque ect to...

Did you pay by pay pal? how long ago was this sale?

the other option is to get "sellers contact details" I am not to sure where the link has gone, but you can put in the Item number and you will receive an email with their details - not sure that it will give you the address but it will give you a contact number, then you could contact the seller by calling him/her

hope this helps

sorry did not see that you had paid via pay pal, did you use your credit card with pay pal, if you did you could ring your CC and they will help you and you may get the money refunded from your CC...

what was the item number or give us a clue as to what the title of auction was...

nanna

Do you still have a copy of the item won or invoice email that was sent to you to make payment? it may still be in your deleted items in your emails?

Also check on the paypal payment details as sometimes also provides a telephone number underneath the email address you have made payment too!

Also report them to ebay for false details if they do not have an address registered on their contact details.

Most transactions now have £150 - £500 protection on them so if your transaction did then you will receive payment back from payapl whether the seller has funds in ther account or not!

As nanna said the item number may help!

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Is it the Maclaren Stroller in Purple? Auction finishing 1st July?

Yes, the seller is a zero feedbacker, but you should be able to still raise and escalate the dispute with Paypal.

(Visit the resolution centre after logging in to PP if you haven't already. If you haven't already escalated the dispute I suggest you do so immediately)

However there is no guarantee that you will receive a full refund, so the previous advice about calling your CC provider is also worth a shot.

You say you don't now want the item as it was for a holiday. However, you are presently selling a buggy/stroller. :confused:

Also you have many items for sale, finishing most days over the past 13 days and therefore are unlikely to have been on holiday, unless you have VERY understanding buyers!

So, why have you really pulled out of the sale? I'm confused.

You bought this stroller, paid for it and it hasn't arrived.

You bought another stroller (that looks the same, but I'm no expert) 13 days later. It was also cheaper

You promptly put another stroller on sale.

Sorry - but I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Perhaps you could explain what really happened?

PS Hint: don't use the same id for forums as your ebay id! It's easy when you know where to look ;)

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

Also

FYI

If she transferred the money for the buggy to her bank account it would take 5-7 working days to arrive there. It would then take another 5-7 working days for her to send it back if she is to refund in the correct manner.

She needs to have existing funds in her account to refund using the refund function and not only get her PP fees back for the transaction, but ensure YOU don't pay any on receipt either.

Therefore, her story rings true and it would certainly be AT LEAST monday before she would have the money back in her PP account.

Perhaps, considering she has small children etc, she really is busy. Perhaps she's a bit naffed that you paid for something and then asked for a refund on what appear to be false pretenses and so therefore doesn't want to talk to you.

Especially if you have been bombarding her with emails and calls.

Think about it. You bought it on 1st July. Even if you paid for immediately, given the slow timescales of PP transfers to/from bank accounts (which I'm sure you know as a seller yourself) it's unlikely she has the funds in to refund you yet.

:)

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

All auctions now come with £150 buyer protection, so paypal will get your money back regardless of whether or not the seller coughs up :)

Yes this is true. I've had two situations where I've purchased items, via paypal, that didn't turn up. I simply filed a case with paypal which goes through a dispute process, should take three weeks and both times I've got my money back no problem. In Paypal we trust! :)

Also

FYI

If she transferred the money for the buggy to her bank account it would take 5-7 working days to arrive there. It would then take another 5-7 working days for her to send it back if she is to refund in the correct manner.

She needs to have existing funds in her account to refund using the refund function and not only get her PP fees back for the transaction, but ensure YOU don't pay any on receipt either.

Therefore, her story rings true and it would certainly be AT LEAST monday before she would have the money back in her PP account.

Perhaps, considering she has small children etc, she really is busy. Perhaps she's a bit naffed that you paid for something and then asked for a refund on what appear to be false pretenses and so therefore doesn't want to talk to you.

Especially if you have been bombarding her with emails and calls.

Think about it. You bought it on 1st July. Even if you paid for immediately, given the slow timescales of PP transfers to/from bank accounts (which I'm sure you know as a seller yourself) it's unlikely she has the funds in to refund you yet.

:)

But she doesn't need the funds in her account. When registering with Paypal she would of supplied her credit card details - if a dispute is file and she, the seller cannot resolve it the refund will come out through that.

The fact that it has taken x numbers of days to put the transaction though is no excuse for poor customer service - yes, I'm serious. I believe that if you're going to seller items on ebay you need to be 'on-the-ball' with customers and keep them informed about what is going on. It upsets me that people who have saved for an item get screwed over.

Good luck ssparry!

You do need funds in your account to give a refund. I have the same thing with a really snotty buyer who wanted an immediate refund. I offered to send a chq the same day, but she wanted refund via paypal, so I told her she would have to wait 7 days for the fund to go back into paypal and then I would refund her. Even though she opened a dispute, that is the way paypal said I should refund her.

You do need funds in your account to give a refund. I have the same thing with a really snotty buyer who wanted an immediate refund. I offered to send a chq the same day, but she wanted refund via paypal, so I told her she would have to wait 7 days for the fund to go back into paypal and then I would refund her. Even though she opened a dispute, that is the way paypal said I should refund her.

Ah yes but if it was Paypal getting the money they'd take it from the account credit card of the user. Something that you couldn't do.