Cank vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cank, This will be a landmark case that will move the issue of reclaiming our monies to another level. I for one wish you the best of luck and hope the judge sees the banks for what they are [EDIT] BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Good Luck Cank. Look forward to hearing how it went

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

hope all went well for you and in your favour Suspense is killing to find out the verdict

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

well???? How did it go??? come on!!! were all waiting here anxiously!!!!

:shock::confused::shock::confused::shock::confused:

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Thanks for all the support peeps.

It went like this.

Halifax sent 2 barristers as expected, they were making a strike out application.

I fought my corner and pushed the deliberate concealment as far as I could.

They claimed thay they were not deliberatly concealing the true cost of their charges and had I asked 8 yrs ago they would have willingingley told me.

I pulled out list of sample cases and asked if he was seriouley suggesting they would give me info they had spent over a mill trying to hide cos if he was he was being very very silly. The judge laughed and said he would write to us with decision.

I pointed out all i was asking for was someone from the halifax to come to court and answer questions.

I had asked for true cost in Data Protection Act, First Letter, 2nd letter, POC, and letter to court to no avail

So....

Still waiting

Halifax - £2500

Legal & Trade - Webt to courtfor Breach CCA, Complained to OFT they ruled in my favour, So did court, 2k written off.

NatWest - Contactual Interest - Won:p

WHAT A MAN YOU ARE, WELL DONE!!!!! Such guts and such spineless defense. Wishing you the very best and let us hope the judge ses the banks concealment strategies for what they are.

Did they thus tell the court what the scale of their charges are or will they be sending that in to the court?

• 2 weeks later...

Just spoke to the court. The Judge has now decided to have a short 15 minute hearing to hand down his judgement/decision.

Is this usual after a strike out hearing?

Worried now dont know what to make of this.

Halifax - £2500

Legal & Trade - Webt to courtfor Breach CCA, Complained to OFT they ruled in my favour, So did court, 2k written off.

with recent events i would pm a mod or 2 to ask about this incase the judge is deciding to follow the loyds out come so you have arguments in place to fight your corner with

My opinion on Lloyds Gate is the mistake was the OP not admitting to it being their action which caused a breach of contract

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Just spoke to the court. The Judge has now decided to have a short 15 minute hearing to hand down his judgement/decision.

Is this usual after a strike out hearing?

Worried now dont know what to make of this.

A judgement handing down hearing is nothing to worry about. It is just that - you'll be given the judgement.

When is the hearing?

Who applied for a strike out, you or them?

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Sorry - ignore the last question!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Well,

Went to vourt this morning to hear the Judge hand down his decision.

And I lost.

Judge totally disagreed with all my points and threw case out.

Halifax - £2500

I'll PM you now...

yOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS?

geeeeeez.

I am sorry. this is bad news for you and everyone else :-|

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Guest bong

Cankster, bad luck mate, so sorry to hear this.

can you give us more information about the judgement?

Am just scanning judgement now, will pop on to helpanyone else

Halifax - £2500