• Tweets

• It would help us to advise you if you fill in the sticky that dx100uk posted yesterday, then we can start looking at this. It's also worth sending off an SAR [click on the letters for further information] to Met, so that you have all the information for later. You don't want to be trying to get hold of it in a rush. HB
    • I chose to transfer my Isa and went through the usual process, giving Shawbrook three weeks' notice, but it did not process the transfer until after my account matured.View the full article
    • so I need to return the questionaire   Do I go for the remediation fre eoption or straight to court?   is there a guide to filling this out or do i just go with what i think? (ie. judege, get all papers, make a decision)  
    • Thanks for replies people, I think i will hold tight for a bit.
    • Can I please have advice on how to deal with Forecourt Eye.  Received a letter claiming I drove off without paying for petrol three months ago...there is a picture of me at the pump and me clearly offering my card to pay - apparently I only paid for some snacks and then left. Its also for a very odd amount 23 - I did check my account and I was charged 1.50 for snacks. I obviously had every intention of paying and for some reason either the transaction didn't go through.    I am kind of fuming about this as I had no idea and if I did not pay I have no idea what the circumstances were , but not a 'drive off' as described by Forecourt Eye. I have no issue paying for the petrol if the payment for whatever reason did not go through. In fact we visited the garage on advice of a friend who has a legal background and offered to pay, the lady behind the till called the manager and we spoke to her on the phone where she robotically said its 'the way it is now and it goes to Forecourt Eye' I then said I am contractually obliged to pay you, not Forecourt Eye.  We are visiting the garage again when the manager is there and will offer to pay again.  Interestingly when we called in the lady behind the till asked if I had called the garage the day before about the matter- I said no that was not me, so somebody else clearly  has had the same issue, I can't see drive off's being that common in any petrol station! So I know I am not the only one.    I know calling Forecourt Eye is not advised, I visited a shell garage yesterday ( really not wanting to ) made sure I had chip and pin and made sure I knew exactly what was being entered into the machine. They now have their threatening posters all over the pumps, basically making them or the garage responsible for any mistake...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

hi im new :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOHHH ! GET YOU GIRL. sc0421pv.gif

You`ve gone classic. 23_51_4.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

agrees well said :) or wrote :)

good grief ! what the hell you doing up at this time of the morning?

r4osuprised2.gif

Don`t you ever sleep snore.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

Some of us dont do that anymore!!:eek:

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

yeyyyy im classic now yeyyy does a dance lmaooochewy.gif,, lol ty to everyone :)

ok on more serious note i got court papers through yeyyyy today about 20 mins ago :) halifax served on 28/07/2007 they got til13of july to reply so ,, wait and see now... oops mean 13 August lol see so excited now lmaoo

:)

• Haha 1

You just wait, they have 14 days to acknowledge, if they do then they have 28 days from deemed served to file a defence.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi

Just in case they do not acknowledge your claim after 14 dys then you could always write to them and give them another 7 days to do so .

This is always best as the Judge would rather see a case settled out of the Court.

Plus this action would go in your favour as well shows your willing to settle. Anything that looks good on you will show the bank in a bad light.

Or you could always File for Judgement by Default if you didnt want to give them another 7 days. This means that you would need to fill out the form on the front of your Notice of Issue ,

This does not automatically mean you win, you could file for this and then the bank could still acknowledge the claim.

Its entirely up to you ,

Take a look around the "Guide To Reclaining Bank Charges" on here there is loads you might pick up on.

Whatever you decide to do we are all right behind you .

Good Luck with your claim

Regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

There is a letter in this link which gives them the 7 days overflow was telling you about.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13)

F&Q's... Read here

good afternoon all :)

many thanx for advice overflow , was reading your print at botom whata aknowlegement of service lol sorry but im not to clever on this ?

ty SSL will take a look do you think its worth trying seeing as the OFT things come up ,, i may just let it carry on if they dont send nothing before 13 August as they may ask for stay lol ,, is confusing now ,, i know i may have to wait but giving them extra 7 days may give them time to file stay ,, is that up to judges also to accept it or not ?? please help :)

Hi Deadly.

Your not by yourself then , Im not too clever either but dont worry we'll get there.

When the bank has had your claim served on them then they have 14 dys to Acknowledge.

All it means is that they have so long to say if they have recieved it and they are going to defend your claim

Its ok cause even though they say they will Defend they hardly ever do, its very rare.

Some leave it to the very last day of the deadline to Acknowledge and some dont but they still have 28 days from first served upon them.

As I said before if they dont Acknowledge then itsin your best interest to write to them and give them another 7 days, This lets the Judge see that it is you who is being reasonable and doesnt look too good for them in the long run.

It is ultimately your decision though, Go with what feels right for you.

No one can deal with this for you but we can all be here to offer advice and loads of encouragement when you need it .

Your doin ok everythin seems to be going smoothly so just stay with your timescale and you should be ok.

As for this OFT thing the general feeling (if Im right) is to just carry on as normal . Nobody knows for sure what the outcome will be or what the consequences will mean to all of us on here.

There is a very good common sense thread on here by Bookworm but off hand I cant remember the link but its really good advice and all about peoples veiws regarding the test case.

Perhaps someone will come up with the link for you before I do , have a read of it and you should feel more relaxed about it all.

Good Luck and chin up you'll get whats yours in the end.

Regards :)

• Haha 1

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

aww thanx overflow , i had look at letter earlier ,, think i will write it if i hear nothing by13 , as you say will look good to the judge lol ,, yea have been reading lots about the case ,, but i think im reading to much and getting myself confused lol ,, and No im not blonde !! jokin to any blondes out there ;) i think you and i are about level on where our cases are right now lol so think we may both be celebrating on crying on each others shoulder at the end ,, thanx again much appreciated :)

Your Very Welcome

No talk of CRYIN though. The only cryin we want to do are TEARS of JOY when we both WIN . lol;)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

HI HELEN, just back back from work, got some updates on my claim that I`m gonna post later so prob be very quiet tonite 36_1_37.gif

catch you later.

hug2.gif

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00