• Tweets

• I was getting Ccjs and bailiffs at my door with young children I didn't know where else to turn - my son is unwell and in hospital alot and to me this is all extra stress as I try and focus on spending time with him.    Yes I've made many mistakes but I only got to understand afyer I made them so it's been quite a nightmare.  But I feel I'm close to the end now and really shocked at how this new iva company is very nasty.    I cant quit my IVA but if they demand more money I may have to quit it.  Tbh because of i keep paying for another 2 years the nightmare is all over. 
    • Thank you. So still possible that they would fail to pay the fee and the case is thrown out? I filed my defence on 8th. Britannia is private I assume, so it’d be a no to mediation. I am keen not to have to physically go to court, albeit mainly due to the inconvenience.
    • Hi guys. Still needing some help please. The email NatWest sent saying they could not help was from the retail disputes team and turned out to be a no reply email address. Have tried calling them to get an email address i can reply to, but spent half the day getting bounced around their automated system.  Does anyone have any email addresses for NatWest in relation to a section 75 claim or any contact details that may be useful please?
    • no fee to pay till allocation at your local stated court... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5088148 3 copies yes to mediation (unless you filed our Statute Barred Defence OR this is a claim for a Private Parking Ticket) 1 wit you Suitability for determination without a hearing? no (that the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally') the rest is obv 1 to the court 1 to their sols (omit phone/sig/email) if no sols send to claimant 1 for your file   dx
    • i find it worrying that you've been here with several debt issues since 2009 in staggered threads till 2021 but you blindly entered into an IVA without researching here...which if you had ..you'd see we always advise against doing so because it turns simple unsecured consumer credit debts into a secured arrangement. 90% of what you pay goes into their pocket one way or another and never off your debts. another alternative is to simply stop paying the IVA and let  it fail. then we'll help you deal with the debts yourself.  bet you never bothered to CCA request anyone you are blindly paying thru the IVA either...how do you know they were all even legally enforceable....    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

hi im new :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when you do your spread sheet it will work out the interest for you.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

hi SSL :) many thanx found spread sheets ,, i tried ,, is simple yeyyyy got it sussed *** does a dance lol ,, :D will sit and do them tomoz when i got peace and quiet ,, oh by the way ,, when bank sent me list of charges they just put DR next to all of them so not sure if bounced cheques or unpaid DD ,, what do i put as on spread sheets ??

Have a look at my thread - from post 89 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-if-successes/88614-moneyhelp-halifax-bank-2.html

I was totaly out of my depth over all this - but I got through it with help from those on here - and you will too ok.

Take a deep breath and ask anything you are not sure of ;)

It should send you to google.

Try this link..

VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBERS

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I put on mine total charges plus spread sheet interest up to date N1 lodged at County court then interest per day worked out by adding charges and interest then mutiply by 0.0022 this gives daily rate.

then on N1 in value section as follows

value

Charges £xxxx

interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxxx

Court fees £xxx

( you can also put any O/D interest that they have charged here )

total £xxx

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from the date of issue to the date of Judgement/ settlement at £xxx per day ( this is worked out by charges + O/D interest x 0.0022 this give pence per day) OR at such rate and for such periods as the Court deems just.

do not copy red bits. This is just me trying to be helpfull :o:o:o

I had same prob DK I just put dr as per their list then when /if they ask you in court to identify them tell them its your list, and that is what i was asking for in my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and if you don`t know then how am I supposed to. and it will not be you that looks stupid :D:D

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

yeah you are right Tilly I forgot that one as they have all returned the Postal Orders to me. Maybe cos I sent all my SARs to branch and not Head Office.

:D:D:D:D

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

hey all ,,,ok money help went to Your thread and copied the N1 form many thanx will add my details :) i also done spread sheets of charges up until 28/06/07 as that was last charge :) have got all interest up til that date ,, many thanx for time and patience :) and i only need to do the POC which i think there is template for somewhere lol i keep running back and forwards ha ha ,, ty Tilly but i never got charged for the subject access they returned my £10 back to me ,, wow faints with shock lol

now gonna take a breather ,, mmm nice cuppa and ciggie me thinks lmaoo .. i think that covers all if not yell me and advice will be welcomed ony 3 more days til i have to hand in N1 form ,, Tues is last day for LBC to be invalid ,, ha good word

will be here looking at threads

xoxoxo

here you go have a look at this hope it helps

defendants

Halifax

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

brief details

money claim for return of penalty charges

applied the claimants bank account by the defendant

Value

charges xxxx

interest under s69 county courts act 1984 xxxxxx 8%

total xxxxxxx

S.A.R-(Subject access Request) Fee....£10.00

right hand corner

amount claimed xxxxxx

court fee if you have to pay

solicitors cost leave blank

total amount xxxxxxxxxx

dont forget you need 3 copies of everything

3n1

3poc

3spreadsheets

most important sign and date hope this has helped

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("996611") report.gif

ok ty money help :) have copied that also lmaoo think all have to do is just print 3 of everything and sign them all oh and add date :) is getting closer and closer ,, shakin in me boots here :D lol

helen xoxo

No need for quaking in boots DK icon_sweatdrop.gif

It feels GREAT WHEN YOU WALK OUT OF COURT BUILDING AND I FOUND FOLKS THERE REALLY HELPFUL.

They said to me " OOH! another one, dont worry the always settle before court"

36_1_36.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

lol stone ,:D , im hoping i got nice court ppl also ,, have asked SSL to check stuff for me by email that way i know i done right ,,, grins . so roll on tues then i know the end is nigh as they say :cool:

welll hello all :)

this is the last day before i send my N1 off was reading some threads and was wondering if i should ring halifax ? guess im little scared about facing them in court , i have had no acknowlegement from the LBA i sent although i checked royal mail and its been signed for , all paper work is prepared thanks to SSL checking it out for me ;)

lol prob wont sleep tonight worrying about the outcome , so maybe here all night reading through all threads :-D

that`s it Helen,lala.gif Don`t bother to tell Haliprats, let the court do it for you. It`s a much more satisfying feeling.

a084.gifa084.gifa084.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

welll hello all :)

this is the last day before i send my N1 off was reading some threads and was wondering if i should ring halifax ? guess im little scared about facing them in court

Who says that someone will even appear in Court to defend them?

It doesn't appear to be happening!

You'll be OK!

• Haha 1

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

lol true Dusary :) hi hope Your ok also was reading your threads yesterday ,, seem to be giving you the run around :rolleyes: but think you will get there in end as it seems most ppl have :)

lol stone decided not to phone them ,, thought to myself stuff em ,, there loss not mines ,,,think it was a case of jitters but im okies now sohand form in this morning and will await to se what happens :D

will keep you all posted on progress

xoxo

Thanks for the you-know-what!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!