• Tweets

• Hello! After emailing them I received this reply:   I have drafted the following, please would you be able to comment as to if you think it is correct/sufficient? "Thank you for your email.   Thanks you for confirming that the vehicle does not have these features as stated in the advertisement.    I am sure you are aware that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 provides the short term right to reject within 30 days. Statutory rights cannot be taken away from a consumer, and any attempt to do so is illegal.   Please can you advise how best to return the vehicle?" Thanks in advance!
    • I find that highly disrespectful Sir/Madam just so you know.
    • Not quite sure what you are trying to say but anyway please could you avoid posting solid blocks of text because it is extremely difficult for people to follow – especially if they are using small screen such as telephones. I have restructured your post above. Properly spaced and punctuated please. Thanks
    • I have received an email from town and country on behalf of everday loans. I assume I don’t reply to the email?   Any advice appreciated 
    • Hello, my name is Chris and aswell as saying hello, am checking my posts pop out nicely.  I have  an ongoing problem with British Gas(which shouldn't have become a problem at all), which has cannonballed into recently involving the Energy Ombudsman, Ofgem and I even, hasten to add our government because I am at wit's end. I have a couple of questions. What I write is likely to be mammoth size, I really would like to indicate why I am at wit's end, and as far as I am concerned (conjecture and opinion) its an indication of the inadequacy of our country's system that since and including John Major has been deliberately brought in to be such. Anyway hello and my 2 questions are ' Can I post photos and if so how, are there any instructions?'  and secondly,  ' To what extent can I mention names in what I post, first names only, second names? only, both allowed where known? quoting or gist acceptable, do I need to even though its case and should be anyway, state it's a truthful and honest account?'  It's been ongoing for over a year now on something which I am guessing should get sorted in maybe a month for most people, and I would actually like to go into fuller details than I've even said to them because I feel its important you know that I HAVE been significantly hindered and am living under that still as I speak/type.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

hi im new :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi ppls :)

ok been reading through lots of different threads ,, got few questions to ask :D

i was wondering why some ppl get offer at 1st letter and others dont even though the threads i been reading are halifax bank based ? is this normal or do they pick ppl at random or coz they have nice name ? lol i had to ask

another is when i add interest to charges do i doit from when i opened account in 2002 as in yearly or the whole hog ie: 2002 til 2007 ??

was a bit confused at that ,, do i go to thecourt for N1 form if needed ? im single parent currently receiving benefits ?

please advise

many thanx :)

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think even the Halifax know why they pay some out instantly and others are almost driven insane over their claim :D

The interest you add from the date you are claiming from to the last date of charge. Hope that makes sense.

Yes if you are on benefits you will have to go down the N1 route as you will be exempt from fee's, depending which benefits you are on, you can check here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/helpful-external-links/2147-court-fees-do-you.html

Don't worry about filling in the N1 there is plenty of help here with it when the time comes - have a look at my thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-if-successes/88614-moneyhelp-halifax-bank.html and you will see I was completly baffled by the N1 too - I got there with the help of folks on here - and you will too!

• Haha 1

ohhhh

i just read Your whole thread ,, was both scarey and good humoured ,, shows how much ppl really care :)

congrats for getting money back also ,, well think i got another 7days or so to wait , so im trying to be patient but is hard lol , was gonna quit smoking as well but with all the tension , not a good idea lmao kids will be running for cover haa haa :lol: ,

thanx for advice about interest , think i will leave it for now as it is confusing , i looked at the N1 form and printed a copy , think i will yell when time comes for filling it in , i looked at one on Your thread so maybe i copy it but with my details :) , i have sent all paper work to trinity road , but no personnel names as i did not know whom to address it . it has been received so i sit waiting now lol as always was postal strike also so do i give them a little extra time and do i include weekends as its not banking days ?

well will give you peeps a break and keep reading threads ect,, oh i gave bit advice also how mad is that as im new here also lol oh well if it helps :grin: why not :)

byee xoxoxo

• Haha 1

Don't worry about postal strikes and weekends - count ALL the days!

Yes it's strange, once you see a post that you can relate to, you find yourself posting and offering advice and support - well done you!

Yes feel free to copy anything from my thread, after all someone along the line gave the information to me ;)

I'll keep an eye on your thread, so post any concerns you have.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Have a click for your first advice :-)

I think the reason a few have failed,is that they have NOT read the facts

and threads properly. Many will now have regrets about it now. YOU are doing OK so far....read the threads and ask questions yourself and you'll do just fine:grin::grin::grin:

• Haha 1

many thanx for help :)

yep will keep reading the different threads as all are different but all offer advice on ways of dealing with the banks , and some more experienced than others which is good as they have been through this so there advice always welcome ,, ok will count all days since posting the letter before court ,,, is quite scarey ,, i,ve never had to do anything like this so will get more nervouse as time passes lol ,, but i hope when im through that i,ll be like you guys/gals and be able to offer my support to other peeps like me :-) is good to know ppl are here for you and give moral support

ty all ;)

:) It`s not so much scary, but it does get bloody frustrating :mad: at time. Haliprat will go to almost any lenghts to hold on to your money. Just keep plugging away the will pay up in the end :-D:-D:-D

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

lol i intend ot gone this far so hanging in there ,, think im due to send the N1 ON TUES SO WILL PROB BE SCREAMING FOR HELP ON SUN.MON LMAOO OH WELL THE FUN STARTS HERE :) ooops sorry about caps :o

:confused: Yeah I`m just putting my N1 in tomorrow (if I can get everything sorted tonite) 3 copies and all that. Still trying to find out if I can claim for personal expenses like postage, stationary and my time (cos I`m doing this one for my son) and I don`t see why he should pay out of his money when there is a chance that Haliprats might :p I am thinking of just adding another section under value heading on N1, but I don`t want to mess it up for him. I have seen a thread somewhere on this site where somebody did this , but I cant find it now. :mad: Ah well!!
  • Haha 1

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

:) It`s not so much scary, but it does get bloody frustrating :mad: at time. Haliprat will go to almost any lenghts to hold on to your money. Just keep plugging away the will pay up in the end :-D:-D:-D

How right you are!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

hello :)

ok im gonna start doing the N1 form on sunday ready for tues ,, was wanting some advice before i plough through it lol..

do i post copies of all letters sent including the proof of delivery from royal mail as i have printed them off from Royal Mail website ?? and if so do i send 3 copies of each letter ect,,, , been reading through site and im a little confuzled on this subject ,, may not put interest in as im hopeless and cannot get to grips with it ,,:confused: the halifax owe me just over £4000 ,, will the courts work it out for me or what please please help .

if i copy and paste the N1 on my thread would someone please look at it and tell me if i done it right ?? as i dont want to get this wrong at this stage ,, ok really freaking here lmaoo ..

thanx :)

:) Hi deadlykiss, just doing the same myself. I was looking to ask some of the same questions myself, as I am hoping to take mine to Court today. There are some very good links to spread sheets to be found on this site, you just type over the amounts entered and they work out the interest for you DO NOT DELETE THEM AS YOU WILL ALSO DELETE THE FORMULAE AND THEY WILL NOT WORK. then you just cut the calculation part ( date,details of charge, amount and interest and print that. You can blank a couple of lines after your final line otherwise you might find yourself with reams of paper :D I did. LOL. The Three Muskateers (Tilly, SSl and Dusary) have got some good idiot proof templates for the N1. they have helped me loads just by reading their threads and others that they have replied to. do not worry about going to court as it will not get that far :rolleyes: Haliprats will pay in the end. Just hang in there, you`ve got loads of ppl here willing you to win
  • Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

No you dont need to send any of theat.

You just need to send

3 N1 forms

3 Poc forms

3 Spread sheets (including interest)

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

The Three Muskateers (Tilly, SSl and Dusary) have got some good idiot proof templates for the N1. they have helped me loads just by reading their threads and others that they have replied to. do not worry about going to court as it will not get that far :rolleyes: Haliprats will pay in the end. Just hang in there, you`ve got loads of ppl here willing you to win

Honourable mention - at last!

That deserves a tip of your scales: stonedecroze!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Whoops!

SSL's around - better watch out what I say!:D

:o OOOH!!!! Thanks for that Dusary. As I`m just typing my N1 now can I put in an extra line to the effect " They Claimant will also ask the court to award any extra costs incurred by the Claimant to be met by the Defendant " or some thing along those lines? :confused::confused::confused:

• Haha 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Some folks have added extra costs they have aquired, but make sure you have proof of this to show the courts.

I have read somewhere that one member went as far as breaking down the cost of ink and paper. I personally think the cost of my ink and paper is well worth it when I get the unlawful charges back.

But I guess it is a personal choice :D

lol ok ok .. whats PoC ,, heard it mention ,, but am lost lol ,, glad You guys having fun :) thanx so much stone ,, im keeping track of whats going on with you haa haa ,, omg im becoming a stalker haa haa :p ty all gonna look at N1 forms again :S lol

The poc means ...particulars of claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

You need to fill this in, and add it to your N1.

If you have any worries, just ask, and some one will help you.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

ohhh .. i feel so stupid now :o thanx SSL :)

ok im no comp buff i looked at spread sheet page and im totally lost there also ,, maybe i ask my 15 yr old to help

no doubt she will give me one her lovely sarcastic comments lol, was thinking posting copy of N1 on here so can ask if done ok

yes we can check it for you.

What exactly are you stuck with, with the spread sheet.

Did you download the vimpiress one?

F&Q's... Read here

1. The Claimant has an account with the Defendant which was opened on or around february 2002

2. During the period in which the Account has been operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.

4. The Claimant contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999) and the common law.

5. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £ 4000 and any interest charged thereon;

b) Court costs;

c) The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from february 2002 to 2007 of £4000 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of

I believe that the contents of these particulars of claim are true

ok not sure about interest so left blank as im so not good at this stuff :(

is this is what is required and do i add the sheet they sent with charges on it ,, im sooo nervous about this and afraid i will make a right mess of it