• Tweets

• There is a letter offering  HM Court and Tribunals Mediation by telephone Does anyone use this? Its free
    • Morning guys As Bank suggested, I've now re-worked my POC to include details of my parcel's original loss,  miraculous rediscovery a month later and subsequent delivery, albeit having been opened and the contents removed. Grateful for your thoughts please, as (P2G having gone very quiet) I intend to initiate court proceedings against P2G tomorrow - 1 May. Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing 8 second-hand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and whilst Evri collected the parcel for delivery on 18 March 24 they then ‘misplaced’ it a day later, formally declaring it lost on 27 March. On 16 April they found it and delivered it on 17 April but, at some point before delivery, it had been opened and the contents removed . The defendant refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is also in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80  
    • Odd one this, I recieved 2 notice's for the 18th and 19th April stating that I overstayed on Wigan Robin Retail Park. Permitted Minutes 180. They state I was there 355 minutes on the 18th and 388 minutes on the 19th. Both times I was there around 10 minutes getting my wife a brew from costa after dropping the kids off at school.  On both days I had passed through there a second time around 3pm, again to get a brew then left. Both notices have 2 images each, Entrance and exit.  This is the interesting bit. The Entrance images both timestamped actually clearly show I am exiting the retail park not entering it. And the exiting images they provided show me leaving the carpark after visiting a second time later in the day. In the attachments You'll see all 4 images show that I am exiting, none of them are of me entering. I understand most if not all that see this post won't know the area but if the look at the map link i gave you'll see the road I was on leading up to the main road. g24 ltd 1.pdfg24 ltd 1.pdf GoogleMap view of the road I am on in the entrance images I would have had dashcam footage but I since formatted the memory card. I tried recovery tools but I couldn't get the files back.  
    • An update: I just got another PCN. I get the feeling that someone in the residence is calling OPS, as it's dated for a few mins after I parked. I won't appeal of course. Interestingly, our cleaner was also parked but didn't get a PCN. I asked them why and apparently they're whitelisted. I did ask the MA if they could whitelist me and they said they couldn't. Clearly they decided not to tell the truth. Surely, this would resolve all of the issues entirely i.e. we'd keep non-residents from parking, whilst allowing for residents to park without issue? Also, could OPS now take me to court for both PCNs separately, or could it be one case?    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

hi im new :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi im helen just joined the site today and very interested in how ppl are claiming money back from banks , i myself have started the 1st part of my claims having recieved reply requesting bank charge details , I have sent letter rquesting monies owed back which stands at £4000 ,, i had reply today ,, saying im not entilted ect,,, no offer nothing , do i send another letter rquesting money owed ,, please advise . Im totally confused as so many ppl doing different ways ,

many thanks

helen :?

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT'S what was going on! (:D You could have told me LivelyLad!:D )

I was trying to reply.

Well you started your own thread - eventually!!!

(Sometimes people do post in other people's threads when they are really just trying to get started)

Have you looked at the links I sent you in that very FIRST posting?

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

hello yes i did ,going to read again , as theres quite a lot to take in lol ,, brain dont work to well , thankyou for help both of you , hopefully i wont end up going to court but im here for whole ride as they say. :)

brain dont work to well , thankyou for help both of you , hopefully i wont end up going to court but im here for whole ride as they say. :)

Your brain is working just fine. Its the banks that have a collective problem in the changed environment they are now in.

Don't worry, it probably won't go the full way!

many thanx for replies im sending the before action letter on friday , i had letter saying that im not entitled to the £3000 i am owed from halifax saying something to do with obudsman ect,,, blah blah ,, so will keep you all informed on my progress , they also stated when i signed up for account that i agreed to charges ect ,, will this affect my claim ? i now got another account with natwest also just in case they close my halifax account :)

Collapsing as we sit here watching!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi and welcome, ;)

Just follow the advice you get from everybody on the site and you cant go wrong. I have been successful with 2 claims so far, both gave in before court, so keep your chin up and plodding away and stick to your timetable. BTW remember so send all letters recorded or registered. good luck, stone :)

• Haha 1

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Don't even WORRY about Court!

I received over £7,000 yesterday!

It can be a marathon (mine isn't over yet, Helen) but with all the good guys and guyesses around here - you'll be just fine!

nice 1 Dursary ;) pleased to hear it ,, i sent the BLC leeter recorded delivery on friday so now i,ll just wait and see im going to read pages on court action just in case it goes that far , which im hoping it wont lol ,, how long did it take you to get charges back ? ,,, im hoping to have mines back by sept latest , but i,ll hang in there all the same .

Would also like to thank everyone else for there help and let you know its appreciated as im totally clueless lol , this forum is great and when and if i get charges due i will willingly donate :D

thanx helen xoxox

Hi Helen, if you are wanting to read up on the court action, its worth having a read of this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

:) Just keep to your timetable Helen, I have won from both Halifax and NatWest. They both paid in around 70/75 days, neither got to court, but in both cases I did not push for interest, but I think that they would have paid up without having to go to court. ;)

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Well, Helen, I began way back in April - or was it March?

It was March!

It's MOST unlikely it will ever darken a courtroom door. But it doesn't do any harm reading up the link that SSL gave you. (It passes the time, anyway, and keeps you off the streets!)

As you've already discovered - there are loads of friendly folks all around here - willing to share what they have learned - as you will do with others, I have no doubt!

Stick right in there!

• Haha 1

thankyou for replies ,

I guess it just a waiting game for now but will read up on court items ,, read a little last night was bit confusing but i,ll ask for helpwhen time comes ,, i have also been reading through other ppls threads re ,, Halifax and other banks ,, they all seem to have positive outcomes , which is good news :) im keeping an open mind at the moment as im sure there are ppl who have failed to receive there refunds and if not theres always a 1st . The people on here seem very informative and helpful for which im grateful looking at other threads has also gave me some confidence in what im doing .Will keep You informed as i progress.

Confidence is ALL that you require!

Hi all :)

just checked on royal mail website they have recieved LBC letter so now im just sitting back and waiting , have also been reading about court ect, on forum , very useful info ,, may need help filling in the N1 form if it comes to that which i think it will by what im reading on other ppls threads.

thought id keep you updated

thanx :rolleyes:

lol hi Tilly just been reading some of your threads well done least you got pennies back :)

im hoping to use mines to move out to New Zealand next years so heres hoping :) yep dont worry will def yell when i need help

is good that so many ppl that have been through this offer there advise ect,, i hope thatr when im through i will be able to do same lol mind i,ll prob confuse them more lmao ,, anyways work calls ,, washing , ect,, lol the trials of motherhood :p