The Credit Information Bureau

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I decided to go on a web design course with scheidegger (skills train) nearly a year ago and for unforseen surcumstances i had to cancle, which was ok now this was nearly a year ago and iv just recieved this letter from

The Credit Information Bureau i cant seem to get it on here as i dont know how to resize it it says

Notice Before Proceeding in the courts

TAKE NOTICE that if the sum of £2325.00 due in respect of your Career Development Finance Agreement for your Scheidegger Computer Course is not recieved on or before NOON of the 28/06/2007 at the above office immdediate proceedings will be taken against you and A HIGH COURT WRIT or COUNTY COURT SUMMONS will be issued against you without further notice. This action will incur costs which are payable by yourselves. Payment should be made by cheque poster to the above office or by using the attached bank giro credit or by phoning with credit card details

Dater 21/06/2007

well thats the gist of the letter i presumed it was cancled i dont have any documents regarding my aggreement anymore or anything so i dont know what to do i ring the number and it just rings constantly not saying if the offices are closed or anything and i cant even find a website, can someone help me asap please

thanks

This is their registered address:

Registration Number: Z8958942

Date Registered: 04 March 2005 Registration Expires: 03 March 2008

Data Controller: THE CREDIT INFORMATION BUREAU

Address:

2 WORSDELL WAY

HITCHIN

HERTS

SG4 0EB

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Do NOT phone Debt Collection Agencies. Insist on everything being in writing.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Recorded delivery costs £1.04. It is better to send a postal order than a cheque as you have to sign a cheque. DCA's have been known to scan and paste signatures on to documents. This is why you shouldn't sign letters either or sign them in a slightly different way than you normally would.

DCA's have been known to scan and paste signatures on to documents. This is why you shouldn't sign letters either or sign them in a slightly different way than you normally would.

rameses will have you horse whipped for alleging that! :lol:

well theirs to names for the address thes "THE CREDIT INFORMATION BUREAU National Credit Register and Computer center" or BST Credit Ltd both have to same address but the bst one has C/O Grosvenor house

Ramekin couldn't whip cream Dave.

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

I have just received the same letter from the Credit Information Bureau re a cancelled agreement with Skills Train. Did you ever get it resolved and did they really issue a High Court Writ or County Court Summons? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Joneskm3

• 3 weeks later...

Duffman, I did exactly the same thing as you. I signed up for the course but due to working nights I couldnt fit it in so I cancelled the course and like you I thought that was that, then I get a letter through the door from the same poeple. So I called them and I explained I cancelled the course because I can't fit it in e.t.c they basically said yes we understand but because you signed the credit agreement and did not cancel within the 14 day cooling off period you still owe us the outstanding amount which if I remember correctly wasnt far off £2,500. They are ofcourse understanding and obviously they'l let you pay in instalment's at first what they will do is set up a regular payment plan with you, they will even try to set up a direct debit/standing order with you. I said no to that and I was paying them back £70 a month then I fount myself out of work and fell behind and along with other debts I could'nt afford it. So I called them and I was paying back £10 a month in the end, I just called them and paid over the phone via debit card. The way the law stands is as long as you offer to pay them a minimum amount, which is £3 a month last time I checked, then they can not refuse payment so don't panick about the debt too much mate, i've been there. Took me a while but i'm finally debt free now (£22k in total!) so even though its a b*&%ard paying it back because you're not benefitting from it unfortunately that credit agreement has got you by the balls mate. Like I say, pay it back bit by bit whatever you can afford, all you pay back is the amount you owe, no interest, they should point that out to you. If you are still unsure my best advice is to go and see Citizens Advice. One last thing, they told me that the course is still open so I can still take it (that was while I was still paying back the money, not sure about now) So if you're circumstances ever change, give it a shot. Sorry for the long post but I needed to say all of that :D Just trying to help! :p Regards. Ollie :-)

• 3 years later...

Just been on the phone to CDF on 01582 748846.

They told me to contact the credit information bureau on their 0844 number ...

after a little digging on companies house (google it) i found that the company had been dissolved 20-9-2011

i have a letter asking for £3850 for a course i cancelled within my 14 days. i even sent in that stupid briefcase back this year!

theres 2 directors (after some digging) called: KAY GOWER & ANTHONY JAMES FAULKNER

How can they be sending me letters for almost 4 grand when the company is dissolved?

Why don't they answer their new phone number?

This is a [problem]!

Any 'real' debt collector would have their full company details on a letter.

Trading Standards and Companies House are the people you need to contact, and the OFT, if they are doing debt collecting they need a licence.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk

I don't have Companies House email but they should know about this - sending out unclear letters without a proper address is a clear sign of underhand operations....

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem CDF have passed my debt to Cabot Debt collectors who have sent me a letter telling me the following.

We wish to confirm that the relationship you have with The Credit Information Bureau will remain in place, you now need to contact The Credit Information Bureau to review your circumstances and ensure there is a suitable plan in place to repay the outstanding balance.

Contacting The Credit Information Bureau.

Please call them now 08442251567

That number just rings and rings no answer!!!

I have checked companies house as well and it is correct The Credit Information Bureau (Company Number 05897954) was dissolved in 2011.

Mart

I am having the same problem CDF have passed my debt to Cabot Debt collectors who have sent me a letter telling me the following.

We wish to confirm that the relationship you have with The Credit Information Bureau will remain in place, you now need to contact The Credit Information Bureau to review your circumstances and ensure there is a suitable plan in place to repay the outstanding balance.

Contacting The Credit Information Bureau.

Please call them now 08442251567

That number just rings and rings no answer!!!

I have checked companies house as well and it is correct The Credit Information Bureau (Company Number 05897954) was dissolved in 2011.

Mart

Then you don't need to contatc them - if they are not trading they are not eligible to collect.

Report both parties to the OFT and Trading Standards, I think the name "Credit Information Bureau" is misleading and possibly got them in a lot of trouble.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk

Tell both parties you are complaining about misleading information, a number that never answers, a supposedly defunct company and general harrassment.

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to let you guys know that Skills Train just like their sister-company (which is owned by the same people) "Train 2 Game" are just a huge fake. They teach using deprecated learning resources and methods. And say they are endorsed by many companies, all of which upon being asked have stated they don't even know who Skills Train or Train 2 Game are, let alone sponsor or endorse them.

They will persistently harass you, but they will never take legal action, in fact they don't even use authentic methods to contact you, their emails are very blunt with no proper contact information:

Cibemail.PNG

They even use the email address "[email protected]" and any attempt to visit the site "cibagency.co.uk" is met with a blank page. Looking up the data of the domain name registrant "cibagency.co.uk" returns that it is owned by a single individual.

their signatures on any letter is a mere scribble and the name of the actual writer is not shown anywhere.

Another thing I'd love to point out, their logo which is found on the header of any letter they send you can't be found anywhere online, I've done reverse image searches, and searched for the CiB logo online and there is no such logo that looks like the one on the letters they send.

And as said above, the company is apparently dissolved.

In the past year I have received a good 5-6 letters stating that I am at my times end to repay a supposed debt, yet they still send more letters.

They even try to contact you using SMS in a very unprofessional manner:

2012-07-19%2003.40.57.jpg

For those of you curious I signed up to Train 2 Game in January 2010, and didn't think to do any research until near the end of my 21 day cooling period. At which point I learned of their deprecated practices and called on the evening of the 21st day to ask for cancellation, funnily enough I was met with no answer on the other end of the phone. I tried calling the next day and stated what happened the previous night and that I wanted to cancel, and I was actually told to just "deal with it" and "pay the debt".

I have been in contact with a guy named Rob, who signed up for a SkillsTrain course in 2008 and realized of their illegit methods, he managed to get his money refunded and has since been in a constant battle to try and get the company exposed. He's received well over 600 emails from other people stuck under T2G/ST's thumb, and has not once heard of a case of them taking legal court action. There has been some very rare cases of the debt being sold on to other companies, but upon showing them evidence of the illegit deeds of T2G/ST they have bounced the debt back to ST/T2G.

If anyone requires more information feel free to reply here or contact me via PM.

• 2 months later...

I tried to PM, but you need 30 posts or something. I have also received a letter from this company this week, though back in August it was a company called DRS, who I sent information to why I though I was mis sold this crap, I didn't hear anything for 14 weeks, then all of a sudden this letter appears. I rang DRS who said my account was closed and with drawn. I've tried to ring CIB nothing and t2g just say it's not there debt any more.