Awongs v Welcome Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Urgent advice needed on this. I wrote to welcome requesting a refund on the so called optional PPI sold to my husband and I when we were desperate in 2004. We were not given an option concerning this at the time. They have come back to say they are willing to cancel or offer a rebate. As i do not want any of the above but a full refund i would like some advice on my next letter or move to them. Sorry for my ignorance but my paperwork says:

payment protection = £3,627.12

Policy term = 60 months

Interest £7,341.02

Total payable = £10,968.14

Monthly payment = £60.93

APR = 21.00%

Interest per month = 1.58%

Another paperwork says

Total Amount of credit £23,219.72 (A)

Amount of credit for cash adv £19,592.60 (B) (we were not actually given this amount of cash at the time)

Amount of Credit for insurance £3,627.12 (k)

APR 21.00%

Acceptance fee = £235

My question now is how much am i claiming back plus the interest and how to respond to welcome not wanting to pay back the ppi.

Urgent advice needed on this. I wrote to welcome requesting a refund on the so called optional PPI sold to my husband and I when we were desperate in 2004. We were not given an option concerning this at the time. They have come back to say they are willing to cancel or offer a rebate. As i do not want any of the above but a full refund i would like some advice on my next letter or move to them. Sorry for my ignorance but my paperwork says:

payment protection = £3,627.12

Policy term = 60 months

Interest £7,341.02 I think the interest breakdown as £2,260.43 ppi interest and £5,080.59 for the loan interest

Total payable = £10,968.14

Monthly payment = £60.93

APR = 21.00%

Interest per month = 1.58%

Another paperwork says

Total Amount of credit £23,219.72 (A)

Amount of credit for cash adv £19,592.60 (B) (we were not actually given this amount of cash at the time) I think the actual cash advancement you where given was around £12,250.58p

Amount of Credit for insurance £3,627.12 (k)

APR 21.00%

Acceptance fee = £235

My question now is how much am i claiming back plus the interest and how to respond to welcome not wanting to pay back the ppi.

I am not a maths teacher or a banker)thank god) I have worked these figures out so you need to check them in case they are wrong. According to these figures you paid £3,627.12 for the ppi premium and £2,260.43 was the interest they applied, so £5,897.55 is what you ask for back.

When was the loan taken out and I do hope that you will add their contractual rate of 21% on all payments you have have to them

Maybe write to the bank and ask them for a breakdown of the loan and how exactly it was calcutated

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello

You mention that they are prepared to cancel and rebate the policy. They have to do that, so personally I feel that should be your first move. Cancel it get the rebate, which probably would not be much. Do not sign a new agreement whatever they say:eek: I will post a link from the office of fair trading regarding the cancelling and refund of ppi on you thread.

Once that is done, you then go for the refund of what you have actually paid them, plus the contractual interest, they have charged you.

Welcome will put up a fight be warned, and it may take some time to sort out,that is why you cancel the policy now so you are not giving them anymore:D

Have you sent them a Subject Access Request to get all the info you need.

Here is the link

Consumers to benefit from PPI refunds agreement

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

God, Hell, you r so good:)))):p

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

Awongs,

I would also advise you to send a complaint to FSA, explaining how you were mis-sold PPI and other extras...

The copy of mine you can find on my thread....

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

• 2 months later...

Hello Awongs,

Found your thread on page 7, so just retrieved it.

So they have now cancelled the ppi with a bit of a nudge from you. Only refunded £1,000 back into the account. That is standard practice I am afraid.

Have they reduced the payments or length of term:-?

So now you start the process of reclaiming back the premium and the interest they charged you.

Did you get the sar back?

What are you reasons for mis-selling?