THE Crusher BAH HUMBUG thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bad day at the office Hedgey?;)

Yeah............ bad day at black rock! :(

U work for la Hedgey? I work for cc, same thing keep out of office stuff now, too much hassle. do proper work now.

Best to stay out of this crap altogether................. meaningful work has so much more appeal right now! I'd love to do some 'proper' work again. :(

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If not maybe she could suggest one. In a few years they may decide if it's a good idea.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Suggestion box. Hmmmmmmm............ let me think........... how about LETS DUMP ALL MIDDLE MANAGEMENT FROM LOCAL AUTHORITIES COS THEY'RE A WASTE OF SPACE, COST LOADS OF MONEY (THAT US COUNCIL TAX PAYERS HAVE TO STUMP UP FOR) AND DON'T ADD ANYTHING TO SERVICE DELIVERY OR OVERALL DEVELOPMENT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

There, easy when you know how!

But seriously, it takes them approx., 3.2 years to respond to any staff suggestion (their figures, not mine)............... so bah blinking stuffing chuffing god-damn time-wasting money-wasting rotten humbug to the lot of them!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Best to stay out of this crap altogether................. meaningful work has so much more appeal right now! I'd love to do some 'proper' work again. :(

Hi Hedgey,

You are obviously working in the wrong dept. You can do meaningful work within a LA. I am a line manager to staff and do add a massive amount to service delivery. I work for a LA Youth Service within a County Council which is very meaningful and rewarding work.

Perhaps a dept change may be needed:)

I have to say that my 6 years in Social Services led me to the same conclusion as Hedgey. Worthwhile work, but too many bosses, and not enough delivering services. One of my line managers had the tidiest desk I'd seen before or since, and his days were filled picking horses and listening to the races and cricket on the radio! Oh and phoning the results service on the office phone.

BAH HUMBUG :-x

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Keep taking the toddies to keep from getting flu again. Much more fun than a jab.;)

Well I don't know but it's been that kind of 24 hours so..

Bah Humbug :(

Bathroom re-tiling, of course impossible to find matching tiles, deciding that if it's going to clash, might as well make it look like a voluntary job and not a patching-up, so deciding to redo a whole wall in one colour.

Stump (tree, not leg) needs grinding, chap came round yesterday, cheap and efficient... Can't manoeuver machine from alleyway into garden, alleyway too narrow. Chap goes away witn maybe coming back in 3 weeks earliest.

Deciding to hire stump grinder instead and do it ourselves. Cheap to hire, but deposit is £300 in CASH or CARD! :razz: Who has that kind of cash lying spare? If we did, surely we'd just pay a bloke to do it!!!

So now, having to re-juggle next week's standing orders so we will have enough money for deposit to go through on card.

Kids breaking off from school today.

And all that on a background of sniffles kindly provided by DH who insists on rubbing against me at times where I'd rather he kept his germs to himself.

All of that:

bah2.gif

And all that on a background of sniffles kindly provided by DH who insists on rubbing against me at times where I'd rather he kept his germs to himself.

Now, thats waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much information for this Friday morning, do we need to know the shenanigans that go on between you and Mr Bookie? :rolleyes:

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Leaves falling off the trees as it's Autumn already. All over the car and drive. More work to do over the next few days. . .

BAH HUMBUG !!!!

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

BAH Humbug for my eldest son (18 yrs) Who is not allowed a key to our house for various reasons! He arranged to stay at a friends house last weekend and my other son (16) was hiking with explorer scouts. So my husband took me for a romantic weekend away in a posh hotel. First weekend alone since child one arrived. Fantastic weekend. On return found son number one had kicked in front door and had big party. House filthy, lots of damage. So I threw him out only to find he moved in to a flat occupied by theives and drug addicts. As he is not stooped to that level yet I felt compelled to bring him back home before anything happens. BBAAHH HUMBUG for wayward teenage boys. Is it really against the law to have him put down??:mad: :mad: :mad:

Wino, do him a favour and report him to the police for criminal damage, perhaps the shock will bring him back to his senses. We could do with a brat camp in this country, but the loony lefties and H&S wouldnt allow it I am sure, I would sign my daughter up straight away

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed