Moorcroft CCA request and reply

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I agree with Scarlet, I offered MCS a token payment and after a lot of threats and ridiculas demands they finally accpeted what I could afford not what they wanted, this has been in place now for several months with no hassle.

However just received a letter from CL Finance who now claim to be the leagl owners of the said debt, however they said that they would honour the original payment plan, so I will let sleeping dogs lie for the time being.

Good luck

PGH7447

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick to your guns; if they argue, remind them that if they go to court the judge is unlikely to be impressed with their failure to agree affordable payments, or to order you to pay more than you can afford.

Hiya yog

Yes I am with Scarlet (as above) as well. This happened with me and one creditor who complied with all requests and so I offered repayments to them. Their Solicitors continued to insist they would take me to court so I sent the following (which you could also do, and amend as you need to as per your personal circumstances)

Love SG x

I refer to the above matter and your letter dated XXXX.

You should be aware that an offer of repayment has been made and accepted by your Client in this matter.

This was confirmed in my letter dated XXX sent by recorded delivery to XXXX A copy of said letter is enclosed for your attention.

You should be aware that should you instigate legal proceedings in this matter, these will be most vigorously defended and I will show the court that you and your Client are being totally unreasonable and also wasting the court's time since an offer of repayment has already been agreed.

I will also show the court, by correspondence in my possession, that this matter has previously been the subject of a dispute.

I shall also report you and your Client to the Office of Fair Trading, Trading Standards and any other agency I see fit.

Since an offer of repayment has been accepted, I trust this is an end to the matter and await your response.

Yours faithfully

Should get rid of the plonkers once and for all!;-)

Good luck!

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

• 3 months later...

Bit late now I suppose, but I think I'll post the CA etc on here, just to have it checked over, although it looks ok to my inexpert eye. HSBC/Metropolitan have sent me a payment plan at a small sum per month, until the final payment in 2127!!!! :eek:

Incidentally, if the CA or T&C aren't kosher, what happens? As I offered to make payments, i guess that's an acknowledgement, is it?

Bit late now I suppose, but I think I'll post the CA etc on here, just to have it checked over, although it looks ok to my inexpert eye. HSBC/Metropolitan have sent me a payment plan at a small sum per month, until the final payment in 2127!!!! :eek:

Incidentally, if the CA or T&C aren't kosher, what happens? As I offered to make payments, i guess that's an acknowledgement, is it?

Hi there,

If the CA isn`t kosher, then the alleged debt will still be unenforceable, so it depends on your self wether to wish to make payments or not. Even if you have acknowledged it, it may still be unenforceable. Scan it up for the more knowing minds to cast a glass eye on ;)

If you make payments, they will probably be happy for a while then start to bully you for more at some point later on.

If the alleged debt is unenforceable you might decide to withhold payments, they will be miffed and still bully you for payments, but they won`t be able to enforce it.

It`s upto you.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)