Reclaim Egg Card PPI

jimmyfloyd_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Anyone had success in claiming back the "Repayment Protector" on their Egg Card?

We took out a Egg Credit Card in 2003, and transferred over £15000 into it with the 9 months 0% offer, PPI adds upto approx. £4000.

I always thought the PPI thing was a standard charge they apply to all credit cards but after reading here, it seems we can claim this back, am i right?

Thanks.

This was Egg Customer Service reply to my email, have we not got a chance to reclaim:

------------------------------------------------------------------

I've looked into your Egg Card account and I can see that when you applied for your Egg Card you requested to take Card Repayment Protection.

Repayment protection covers you against accident and sickness which prevents you from working or unemployment. After a waiting period of 30 days, it could pay off 10% of your outstanding balance each month, from the date your claim commences, for up to 12 months or until you return to work whichever is the earlier. It costs 79p per each £100.00 of your statement balance.

To order paper statements for your Egg Card, we charge £2 per paper statement up to a maximum of £10 per request to cover the additional expenses in producing a paper statement for our Internet card.

If you'd like to have any paper statements sent out to you, please send another message confirming the date range you require and that you accept the charge. Which will be applied to your Egg Card.

I've also requested that a signed copy of your Egg Card agreement will be sent to you.

------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think?

Just reply and ask for a copy of your request to have the ppi added.

He is telling you, you asked for it, now ask him to show you the proof, if he can then no, if he cant, then yes.

Look in the PPI forum im just starting against PPI on an egg loan i defaulted on after 3 months, never got a penny back.............

Will soon tho :)

Well hopefully lol

This is the latest reply i got from them:

----------------------------------------------

Card repayment protection was added to your Egg Card on 11th December 2003 when you accepted the credit card agreement.

I'm unable to send you written proof of this as stated in the Paperless Dealing Agreement. Please copy and paste the link below onto your web address bar for further details;

new.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_11089--View_1081,00.html

I'm also unable to send this secure message to any other email address for security purposes.

Please therefore accept this secure message as confirmation.

----------------------------------------------

What do you think, have i got a chance to reclaim the PPI?

I've also requested that a signed copy of your Egg Card agreement will be sent to you.

BY no means am i a legel eagle, only know from what ive read on these here forums :)

Have you received the copy of your agreement yet?

Did you take you card out on Dec 11 2003?

Surely they would have to provide something to show the judge in any court case?

thanks for your help wednesday1867!

Received the agreement today. Only 2 pages though and no mention of PPI at all! I signed and sent the agreement back on 10/12/03. Have asked for the full agreement and awaiting response.

has anyone had experience of this situation before, what should i do if they can't produce evidence of me agreeing to the ppi?

do i have to prove that i never agreed or does Egg have to prove that i did?

Hiya Jimmy,

Got your message:D I am not a toughie, just god damn determined to get what I have been tricked out of:D

Reclaiming back your ppi is not difficult, but you have to play the game of denial. They will deny everything, but if you persist, they will soon realise that you are like a dog with a bone and will not give up. They will possibly do the right thing, and refund it, but you may have to issue a court claim.

First things first, you need to get all of the info that you need, so sent a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) under the data protection Act. I will cost you no more than £10 and is money well spent. With the SAR they have to send you everything, and I mean everything. They will probably just send a little bit and then you have to ask again.

I see that you have received your credit agreement and there is no mention of ppi applied.:D Was it a credit card and can you post it to the site or pm me a copy of the agreement, if you can delete anything confidential . It would interesting to see it.:D

If you need help with letters etc or have any more questions please ask:D Just don't give up

Ooops sorry forgot to mention start a new thread on the ppi forum so I can keep an eye on your progress

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Sorry, I blame the wine!!!

Hello,

I am shocked drinking wine at this time.:shock:

Not really just jealous:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW