Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OMGGG just had a call from newlyn oh dear haha

they said is that krystal speaking i said yep

they said its just regarding the debt of civil enforcement haha and i said yeah and im not paying it and he laughed as i did..and he said okay can i ask why i said yeah i know people in the parking enforcement and they said the letters are ridiculous you can take me to court and my solicitor is involved. he just said okay fair enough ill log it on your file.

hmm i wonder when the next letter will be ?? Krystal.

ITS CO-OP CAR PARK GET OVER IT LOL

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone

I haven't been on the site for a while since I had a "problem" with CEL about a year ago. It seems to me that they are still up to their tricks and the main way to get back at them is to ensure that they do not make enough money to survive. Having read some of the posts since my sojourn on the thread (page 24ish) I can confirm to later contributors that you can get these things cancelled but generally only by ensuring that the retailers concerned get involved (asuming it is a retail site car park) I had J Sainsburys cancel mine in double quick time. Short of starving these companies of cash another way of shifting them may be to get up a head of steam with retailers, refusing to visit their stores if they employ such companies to manage their parking (and letting them know it). Retailers are somewhat nervous of their reputaions and in these Credit Crunch times, of their revenues as well.

To all of you still "under the cosh" from CEL etc. keep ignoring those letters remember each one takes them time and money to produce and post and moves them one step closer to bankrupcy. Stay firm and don't pay.

Hi All - I'm another victim of CEL!! I've been reading through the 30+ pages on this board and have lost count how many people have posted on here...it's unbelievable that these [problematic] are still sending out "fines".

Anyhow, the advice on here is fantastic and I hear what most people are saying and that's to ignore them and eventually they will go away. However, I've not quite got this right in my head (and apologise if this has been asked and answered previously...) but, if I totally ignore the first PCN that they've sent and then eventually CEL get their debt collection monkeys to send me a letter, can I actually write back to them saying that the "debt is in dispute" if I've never actually contacted CEL at all?

I've not yet re-visited the free carpark (Castlegate, Huddersfield) where I've supposedly picked up this "penalty", but intend to do so as I think the store we visited and eventually purchased something from misleading advertised the carpark as their own. I've contacted the store and they told me to appeal, but by the responses on here, it seems as though CEL just chuck 'em in the bin!! So, I don't intend to waste my time - I'll waste theirs instead...:p.

Would be grateful for a reply...

Ignore CEL and their debt collector (who probably sit in the same office jsut at another desk).

Actually, that could be wrong; it's probably the same guy at the same desk just using different letterhead depending which job he wants to play at today. :D

Hi Crem

Thanks for that - I thought that would probably be the best policy - but just wanted to check.

I also remember reading another post (can't remember who from - sorry..) that the "fine" was sent from CEL who were supposedly based in Liverpool - but the postmark on the envelope is NW9... It's probably completely unimportant given that most people ignore them anyway - but I was just curious... I think the other poster said something about another carparking company, but I could be wrong.

OMGGG just had a call from newlyn oh dear haha

they said is that krystal speaking i said yep

they said its just regarding the debt of civil enforcement haha and i said yeah and im not paying it and he laughed as i did..and he said okay can i ask why i said yeah i know people in the parking enforcement and they said the letters are ridiculous you can take me to court and my solicitor is involved. he just said okay fair enough ill log it on your file.

hmm i wonder when the next letter will be ?? Krystal.

ITS CO-OP CAR PARK GET OVER IT LOL

Way to go Krystal. Keep giving them grief.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hello All - just an update. After leaving posts on here last night, I then decided (following another poster's advice) to contact the store where I'd been a customer. So, I sent an e-mail to their customer services dept (got the e-address from their website) and to the store itself. I said that I'd considered cancelling my order and going to another supplier where I wouldn't get charged a ridiculous amount of money for overstaying in a free carpark for 15 minutes. Not surprisingly, I received a response within an hour of them receiving the message this morning, to say that the store manager would be looking into my case personally and they've asked me to send them my PCN number - which I've done. They also advised me to send copies of receipts/orders that we placed with the store to CEL to prove that we were genuine customers. However, I've responded to them by saying that after being on various websites, the feedback about this company is not at all encouraging and am really reluctant to send them my personal information when all they do is ignore it and still send you menacing letters and threats of court action via their debt collection agency. I have asked them to contact me once the store manager has decided what action he is going to take before I will consider contacting CEL (though I can hear the screams of "don't contact them" coming back from everyone...) - but I don't really intend to contact them....it's just a way of saying, "I want to know how desperate you are for my business and what you intend to do to prevent me from cancelling my £2,200 order".

Will keep you posted.

Hi All!

I'm new here, but unfortunately not new to CEL's underhand tactics! Here's my story:

My grandmother is a Mecca Bingo customer of over 25 years and I almost always drop off and pick her up on a Saturday (otherwise she may not be able to go). I've previously had 2 PCNs cancelled (one on behalf of my aunt who picked my gran up for me once) by getting the club manager involved as well as the CEO of Rank (owner of Mecca). CEL are now after me again, exact same circumstances too! Apparently, I parked in the car park unauthorised and exceeded the 10min free stay allowance as "clearly stated on our signage". Um, no it's not, not stated at all! I'm again in argument with them as I actually stayed a whole 38 seconds over the 10mins for which they wish me to pay £75! No, sorry, they want £150 according to today's letter! They have refused to cancel this PCN even though they admit having cancelled one for my car previously (and they know the reason why they had to cancel it too!). They insist their PCN remains valid and issued correctly. I intend to bend over so they can kiss my *** 'cos they're not getting a penny out of me!

Threats of Bailiffs, County Court action and debt recovery agencies all appear in their letters, but oddly CEL don't seem to know which applies first. Bless them, they are a simple bunch.

I have told them that any court action will be vigorously defended and met with a counterclaim of harassment.

I was only in the car park to pick my gran up from bingo! I hardly see 10mins waiting for the bingo to finish (whcih was Meca's fault for running late yet again!) as taking the pi$$, so I refuse to pay them a penny! My gran is very worried, but I've told her not to be. They're cowboys and I would rather explain and show all evidence to a judge! I even have a print out of my gran's bingo attendance for the whole of 2008 proving she was in the club - the signage says the car park is for the use of Mecca Bingo customers only. So, I'm her driver, so the ticket remains invalid, right?! My gran can't drive and often (due to her old age causing her illness and pain) needs family to driver her to places. So for all intents and purposes, SHE is using the car park and as a member of the club is entitled to do so! Let's see a judge award CEL for that!

I have received a penaly notice from civil enforcement today, and after reading quite a few posts on here, i thought i would tell you my circumstances- to vent my spleen!

the notice came addressed to my dad, which is odd, because he is no longer the registered keeper of the vehicle -i am. when we opened it, we realised the date the 'offence' occured was the 14th jan 2008- over a year ago!!!! (my dad was registered keeper at the time)

how can they justify taking over a year to send me a notice, and then expect me to pay within 14 days!

the other thing was, I fist tried to find the compay website- which i did, however it doesn't seem to be active. if you go on to it, it plays music at you, but you can't click on any links- its bizzarre! it makes the company look like a cowboy outfit to begin with.

we know my dad was not the driver at the time, so i will use one of these template letters, and let him send it.

i love writing angy letters:)

the other thing was, I fist tried to find the compay website- which i did, however it doesn't seem to be active. if you go on to it, it plays music at you, but you can't click on any links- its bizzarre! it makes the company look like a cowboy outfit to begin with.

That's coz they are. :D

we know my dad was not the driver at the time, so i will use one of these template letters, and let him send it.

i love writing angy letters:)

Well if you enjoy it, OK then do. But the general feeling nowadays on this forum is that it is doubtful that they can even read (because they don't read a word you write) and the only thing it acheives is getting you on the top of their " must write to this victim often list"

I'll use small words so they can understand...

if they write to me more often, it seems i can use their correspondence to build a harrassment case, should it get that far.

every action they take is costing them resourses and getting them nowhere, i can't beleive they can get away with it!

I'm so pleased everyone on here gives consitent advice, it definitely feels good to have fellow victims on my side.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I recieved a parking ticket friday and would have paid it if I'd not looked on here first. The ticket is for £75 or £150 if paid after 2 weeks. I got no ticket on the car and got the ticket a week later. I've tried to ring repeatedly and, despite the message saying someone will ring me within 24 hours..nothing! I am fuming as am always really careful with where and how long I've parked and only actually left my car for the 2 hours..they said I was 15 mins late..but it probably took me 5 minutes to get stuff in and out of my car..including baby/buggy/ etc! I'm very scared about what to do and to be honest the hassle of it is so annoying. I'm scared if I don't pay it in time the fine will go up or worse..people will turn up at my house demanding payment! I've got three young children..£75 is our weekly food bill and I'm just unsure what to do. I'm thinking of phoning the local paper...this treatment of responsible and respectable citizens who haven't commited any crime or anything illegal shouldn't be happening! To not put tickets on and to be able to get details from the DVLA is downright devious, greedy and cruel.

Crosslady,

Please do not let these cowboys scare you. They aren't entitled to anything and they will only try and extract money from you by using bully boy tatics. I was in the same position as you some time back. I eventually wrote to them, and the debt recovery agency (yes, they'll be in touch next!!!), inviting them to take me to court. Guess what, heard nothing since and that was eight months ago.......you know what they say about bullies, stand up to them and they back off!

YOur best course of action crosslady is not to engage with the PPC at all.

Do not ring them

Do not write to them

Do not respond to any letters from them or their DCA

Absolutely no contact is the best way to go until and unless you receive documents from a real court. (and that just ain't gonna happen).

When/if you do get something that looks like court papers, check back here first because the PPCs have a habit of sending out pretend court papers as one final effort to get you to cough up. Don't fall for it!

Further to my last post on here, the deadline for payment has passed by more than a week and as yet I've not received anything from CEL or their DCA. I came back from a holiday abroad and fully expected there to be some correspondence.... I've just e-mailed the store where we made a purchase to find out if the manager has progressed our case as I've not heard anything back from them, so will let you know what's happened once I get a reply...

Hi, I posted my parking ticket story yesterday and am getting increasingly worried. I e-mailed a copy of the letter on this site and am sending it recorded today. Civil enforcement rung me this morning..I was not expecting them to ring as have left countless messages since Friday eve when I got the ticket. I just said "My husband sent a letter" as the ticket's addressed to him as the registered keeper. I'm worried I'll look a fool if this goes any further. I'm worried as I left my name on the message..will they just know it's me who was driving..I didn't say anything to that effect but surely it's obvious? Am panicking about it now!

Oh no..have just read the replies..after I've sent letters! I hadn't seen the 'no correspondance' one! Will not send any further ones if that's the best way to approach this. Can't believe these charlatans are getting away with hassling innocent people.

Oh no..have just read the replies..after I've sent letters! I hadn't seen the 'no correspondance' one! Will not send any further ones if that's the best way to approach this. Can't believe these charlatans are getting away with hassling innocent people.

STOP CONTACTING THEM

Ignore any further from them, if they call just hang up. STOP playing their game.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Thankyou..the support from this forum is stopping me worry as much and everytime I'm tempted to pay I look on here and read everyone's stories. Am very tempted at the moment to call my local paper/watchdog/anyone who'll expose these people!

Hello everyone - well, I've got some good news!! After e-mailing the store that uses the CEL carpark about whether they'd been in contact with CEL, the Assistant Manager called me the other day to say that they'd faxed over a copy of our order for a new bathroom (to prove we were genuine customers) and that CEL had said they were going to cancel the fine. Today we received two letters from CEL - one reminding us that the fine was overdue and we would now have to pay £120 prior to any court action; and another that had been written the following day to say that following our contact with them, they were going to cancel it. To be honest, I wasn't going to pay it anyway, but I'm pleased that they've written to confirm they've cancelled it (and I'll be keeping the letter for some time to come to prove it!!).

So, if you are a genuine customer of a store and have purchased something substantial and have an opportunity to threaten to cancel it, then you might actually have a chance of CEL having to back down and cancel the fine. I know we all say not to pay, but if you can put a stop to their endless letters sooner rather than later, it'll be much less stressful; and especially if you can get someone else involved in your case, like we did. Personally, in my case, it has been a case of just dealing with the store and ignoring CEL altogether, but I also appreciate that some store managers may not be in a position to take action - but if they're short on meeting monthly targets, it might just be worth an e-mail or letter to them explaining that you're not happy and intend to look elsewhere for your goods.

So, providing that CEL stay off my case, I won't be posting on here again - so I wish "Good Luck" to those of you who are currently in the midst of a battle with CEL and please don't give in....and to those who gave me advice when I needed it - "many, many thanks".

I have received what resembles a Pcn notice from a company civil enforcements ltd. I was not the driver at the time and those authorised to drive my vehicle deny any knowledege of it. I wrote to them explaining that i was not the driver at the time and was not obliged by law to disclose who was. I have since received a reply from them stating that as the registered keeper they continue to hold me responsible. They quote the ruling in combined parking solutions v stephen james thomas 1998. They continue to state that they will issue proceedings against me including additional costs interest and fees.[/font]

I would be grateful for any information in helping me fight this as i was genuinely not driving the vehicle (they require a £10 fee for cctv evidence)

I would be grateful for any information in helping me fight this as i was genuinely not driving the vehicle (they require a £10 fee for cctv evidence)

No need to fight - it's up to them to prove anything.

They won't take you to court and if they did they would have to provide any CCTV to you for free anyway!

I have since received a reply from them stating that as the registered keeper they continue to hold me responsible. They quote the ruling in combined parking solutions v stephen james thomas 1998.

They can decide to hold Gordon Brown 'responsible' if they so wish. The law of the land would say something different though.

CPS vs Stephen Thomas contains nothing relevant. It's just on the template letter they send to everybody.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks