Reply from hsbc

molly1959
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If at the time of claiming you did not state that you were claiming daily interest (in your particulars of claim) then you can't add it on now.

I think you can take the bundle for dg into your local branch and ask them to forward it. You must ask them for a receipt and make sure it is timed and dated. ( I will double check to make sure you can do this).

Even though the oft report is about credit cards, the following still apply to bank charges:

3) The full OFT report.

No need to print out the whole thing, but you do need the front cover, section 1 "overview" and most importantly, section 4.21 "Disguised penalties". You should put this in INSTEAD of the OFT report summary from the Basic Bundle in the templates library.

Plus, the OFT report "Anayasis of Unfair Terms in Schedule 2". Particulary relevant is section's 5.8 -

Analysis of unfair terms in Schedule 2 (135 kb)

• Haha 1

Leave the one in the bundle and work from the link above. The full OFT report.

Print out the front cover, section 1 "overview",Executive summary. also section 4.21. This is to replace the oft report summary in the basic bundle.

Also include this Analysis of unfair terms in Schedule 2 (135 kb).

Leave the one in the bundle and work from the link above. The full OFT report.

Print out the front cover, section 1 "overview",Executive summary. also section 4.21. This is to replace the oft report summary in the basic bundle.

Also include this Analysis of unfair terms in Schedule 2 (135 kb).

Hi so do i one in the bundle. What is the front cover section 1 overview Executive summary also section 4.21 and Analysis of unfair terms in Schedule 2 (135 kb). is this extra that i just add at end of bundle. Can you tell me exactly what i need. I am totally confused with it all.:confused:

Hi so do i one in the bundle.

NO!

What is the front cover section 1 overview Executive summary

CLICK ON THE LINK AND GO TO SECTION 1. PRINT IT OUT!

also section 4.21 and Analysis of unfair terms in Schedule 2 (135 kb). is this extra that i just add at end of bundle.

CLICK ON THE LINK AND PRINT IT ALL AND ADD IT TO THE STUFF FROM THE OFT REPORT.

Can you tell me exactly what i need. I am totally confused with it all.:confused:

Hope this helps Molly! I am not shouting just making it as clear as possible. I rememeber when I was panicking about the same things and needed Pete and Lat to lead me by the hand. You'll get there!:)

Do i put the analysis of unfair terms Hi im back again, not sure were i look for section one is it the bundle cag zip if it is what part, i have got till 4 pm tomorrow to get it in, you will be very pleased to hear:-DDo i put the analysis of unfair terms in the cag bundle

it should be bound together molly in some form - one for the courts, one for the banks and one for you - bound in a folder, bound with string, bound however...........

fl, you took the biscuit in the panic sweeps when doing your bundle and also the prize for most excited when you got your offer!!!:D

• Haha 1

it should be bound together molly in some form - one for the courts, one for the banks and one for you - bound in a folder, bound with string, bound however...........

fl, you took the biscuit in the panic sweeps when doing your bundle and also the prize for most excited when you got your offer!!!:D

I have got some very pretty ribbon that might stop them staying it:-D

Well one disaster of a day got a lift to courts friends car broke down thought i will get the bus got out the car and dropped my bundle in a bloody big puddle by the time 10 to 4 i rang the court explained they said i can have till 4 tomorrow to get it in, they were very nice.

I am having to redo some of it does this look right its my cag bundle

Statement of evidence

correspondence

bank statements

shedule of charges

relevent case law summery

early day motion from house parliment

dunlop v new garage

utccr 1999

ucta 1977

soga 1982

terms and conditions 1996

i have just printed the pages of cag that it says above i looked at tanya front page and just did bits she did, i have got a copy of the whole cag if i need it. I did originally print all of cag out thanks

is that all i need out of cag bundle

Also the oft summery do i put these and executive summary together bbc commission i have printed the Analysis of unfair term does this go with the oft report :) Whats the BBC commision conclusion please

Here is the BBC commission conclusion thing:-

The Money Programme bank commission

Most lenders impose hefty penalty charges on their customers.

Having failed to get even a rough indication from any of the major banks about how much it costs them to process their customers' defaults, we decided to set up a commission of experts to try to answer the question.

We deliberately avoided campaigners and prominent critics of the banks.

Instead we chose two eminent business academics Prof Philip Molyneux of the University of Wales, Bangor, and Prof John Struthers of the University of Paisley, and an experienced banker, Ian Jarritt, formerly a senior executive with NatWest.

We asked them to work out the highest costs they thought banks could possibly justify for dealing with defaults, taking every relevant expense into account.

Our commission began work in October and met in London a month later to reach their final conclusion.

They decided that the highest cost banks could justify for bouncing cheques (the most labour-intensive procedure) was £4.50.

For other items, such as bouncing direct debits or dealing with unauthorised overdrafts, the commission judged £2.50 to be the highest cost banks could reasonably justify.

Both figures are vastly lower than the average £30 penalty banks have been charging for defaults.

Story from BBC NEWS:

BBC NEWS | Business | The Money Programme bank commission

Published: 2006/12/11 20:38:40 GMT

© BBC MMVII

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D