Me v Cabot Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

westcot with 2 't' s ;-)

You have been exposed as an imposter pmhcfc. Do you work for wescot and are you trying to make us make mistakes to protect the wescot name and reputation for being all things good?? Shame on you - Wescot Credit Sevices Ltd

with only one 't' if you please :D

Remember, you are dealing with the infamous Cabot Fan Club here and errors are something we Fan Club members take very seriously if you ever wished to become a member !!

Quick update:-

Sorry, forgot to mention, SAR'd Nova Retail as this appears to be the first name they originally went by in 1999:rolleyes: !

Oh, and no less than 11 calls to my mobile, since I originally requested everything to be IN WRITING ONLY:mad:

Thing is though, they're getting crafty - it only rings three times and then stops - before I get chance to answer it - like I'm really gonna ring them back;)

Quick update:)

Letter received from Cabot today in response to my letter of 25th July telling them that they had gone committed a criminal offence on 23rd July - this response was on posh paper, signature in pen (ooo i'm going up in the world:D - no more photocopied cr*ap for me!) from their Customer Assurance Officer.

The heading refers to VENDOR HITACHI NOVA RETAIL CREDIT (I suspect that Cabot don't know the real name of the OC either then! - Vendor? - not OC, are they the same?)

"Thank you for your letter which was received in our office on 1st August 2007.

I regret that you have felt the need to contact Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited to express your dissatisfaction about our service.

I understand you have requested further information regarding the above account and are still awaiting receipt of the same. (yep, pull your finger out! I mean how long does it take?)

We are currently investigating your concerns and shall aim to provide you with our response within 10 working days. However, in the event we cannot respond within this time limit, we shall notify you as to when you may reasonably expect a response from us. (stalling tactics, me thinks;) - how long do they need?)

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us on ........... if you have any further queries. The Customer Assurance department is open from blah to blah Mon to Fri."

Yours sincerely

Now there is no reference to my letter of 16th July "Account in Dispute" where I asked them about defaults placed on the alleged account, also asked about a breakdown of their interest payments (there was one amount for £380 "Interest"). I know they got the letter, I've got POD.

Should I ask for a copy of their "Complaints Procedures" then? Presume I need to do this before I complain to FOS?

Bo x

Were you addressing Cabot Financial (Europe)Ltd or one of their other dummy companies Brassed Off ?

Keep a focus on these companies, who owns the debt and who has passed your info about without your specific permission otherwise you are letting them get away with their old ways again...we are out to defeat, do not give them an inch.

Were you addressing Cabot Financial (Europe)Ltd or one of their other dummy companies Brassed Off ?

All my correspondence has been with Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd - reply today still from Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd - no different company names yet but thanks for the advice:) ! - ah, just spotted change of address from PO Box 142 to 10 Kings Hill Avenue (bottom left corner of today's letter).

What has really annoyed me is that they still cannot get my address right - I've written to them enough times, don't they read anything?

They've even got it wrong on the alleged NOA from Hitachi Capital (and my name's wrong too!) - nice bit of proof of bodging there! - file for future reference!

Keep a focus on these companies, who owns the debt and who has passed your info about without your specific permission otherwise you are letting them get away with their old ways again...we are out to defeat, do not give them an inch.

Will do:D

If the debt was sold to Cabot it will invariably not have been (europe) Ltd it probably would have been Cabot Financial (UK)Ltd who passed your data on the CF (Europe) Ltd. Watch for defaults too and who lodges them on your credit files. You'll be amazed at how many organisations get themselves involved in your dealings with Cabot and they do it all under the banner of 'Cabot Financial' and administer everything through CF(Europe)Ltd. ooooH they are a messy bunch :D

If the debt was sold to Cabot it will invariably not have been (europe) Ltd it probably would have been Cabot Financial (UK)Ltd who passed your data on the CF (Europe) Ltd. Watch for defaults too and who lodges them on your credit files. You'll be amazed at how many organisations get themselves involved in your dealings with Cabot and they do it all under the banner of 'Cabot Financial' and administer everything through CF(Europe)Ltd. ooooH they are a messy bunch :D

OMG Sarah you're right:o - they are trying to confuse me.

I have obtained my credit file from two different CRAs. Mmmmmm now am a bit confused on this, perhaps you could help:) . On one Credit File, they are listed as Kings Hill (No1) Ltd, Bank Default, default originally placed on 07/2002, last updated 30/05/07 monthly status "D" (for default I presume) - does this mean that they have registered another default or are they just carrying it on? This was done just before I cancelled my D/D to them because of non-compliance of CCA request.

On the other, they are listed as Cabot Financial (UK - not Europe!) Ltd, original default registered 03/07/02, file updated 08/07/07 and showing a number 8 (which means default).

So they have registered the default under UK not Europe who I've been corresponding with:confused:

For Kings Hill, read Cabot Financial (UK) Limited. They are one and the same. sort of. KH became Uk on 15th January this year, so in effect KH should no longer appear at the one registering the default. It should now be CF UK. I assume it's because either Cabot or the CRA are lazy. Or both.

Hey, this drops off your credit records in a year's time. Nice one. :D

For Kings Hill, read Cabot Financial (UK) Limited. They are one and the same. sort of. KH became Uk on 15th January this year, so in effect KH should no longer appear at the one registering the default. It should now be CF UK. I assume it's because either Cabot or the CRA are lazy. Or both.

Hey, this drops off your credit records in a year's time. Nice one. :D

Naughty naughty Cabot:p

Like the sound of defaults "dropping off" next year but what about the fact that Cabot have registered a default in May and July of this year? Don't know if these mean that defaults have been registered or they have just simply carried on a default? Could you clarify this for me:confused:

Many thanks

Bo

Yup, they continue the default from where the original creditor left off after selling the debt on.

Thanks for the clarification SH:)

Could you just advise me on whether I should ask for Cabot's complaints procedure (post #82)? as they are obviously stalling me:confused:

Thanks

Bo

I wouldn't even bother asking for it. If you are aware of it, and they breach their own procedures, that's enough to give them another kicking while they're down.

And you can read their procedures here. . .

Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited Complaints Procedure _ cabot

Thanks SH:)

Update of sorts, received a recorded letter from Hitachi Capital today (in response to my SAR to Nova Retail), from a completely different address in Leeds. So not only have they changed names, they moved as well. (Should mention here, had a quick look at the alleged NOA from Cabot and funnily enough, there is no address on it for Hitachi Capital;)).

After signing for the letter and going back in my house, I realised that the envelope had been slit down the side (so someone's had a peep then -naughty!).

Letter from HC states that they have enclosed a "statement for your agreement" and attached is a statement of account from May 2000. I cannot see any interest amounts at all, only an admin charge of £25 and a "settlement adjustment" of just over £1300 in Nov 2002. I have sent a quick acknowledgement letter and asked them to confirm change of name and address.

So I'll just wait to see what else they send me.

Bo

• 3 weeks later...

Right :mad: - *taps fingers on desk now*

Got the letter off Cabot on 6th August saying that if I hadn't heard from them within 10 working days that they would write to me to notify me as to when I may reasonably expect a response from them.

Well, guess what Cabot, you're time was up on 17th August:p and not heard a piggin' thing.

So, Caboteers, what's my next move? Do I write to them to ask what they're playing at or just let sleeping dogs lie?

BTW - on the SAR front to Hitachi - silly me, forgot to enclose my tenner in SAR sent 28th July! Oops. Sent it on 11th Aug, recorded of course;) - so think I will give them until 14th September for a response

Bo

No response within their own timescale? Oh, dear. They are in breach of their own complaints procedure. Bang a complaint off to the FOS. You can follow the advice here. . .

our complaints procedure and how to complain

You are on the ball as usual SH - FOS sounds good to me - just forgot about Crabot for a mo - my "portfolio" of DCAs grows by the day:rolleyes:

BTW - would I not need to go through Crabot's complaints thingy first?

Ta

Bo x

Indeed you do. But it is dependant on them sticking to their own procedures. If they can't (or won't) adhere to their own procedures, my own thoughts on that are, the procedure has broken down, so you can complain.

The worst that can happen is, the FOS will tell you to wait out the full 8 weeks. In which case, you'll be no worse off.

By the way, I'm VERY ticklish. ;)

• Haha 1

Indeed you do. But it is dependant on them sticking to their own procedures. If they can't (or won't) adhere to their own procedures, my own thoughts on that are, the procedure has broken down, so you can complain.

The worst that can happen is, the FOS will tell you to wait out the full 8 weeks. In which case, you'll be no worse off.

By the way, I'm VERY ticklish. ;)

Right - that's my job for tomorrow night - good old FOS.

Can't give you any more "tickles" - got to spread enough "rumours" about you first :D

That should be easy:rolleyes:

Ta

Bo x

• Haha 1