Me v Cabot Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Auld timers disease. It gets us all in the end. :D

SH - Megga LOL

This "automated" system is really bugging me. Presumably, this is computerised and just rings numbers at random - I find this extremely frustrating.

How do they know who they have called?

Bo

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SH - Megga LOL

This "automated" system is really bugging me. Presumably, this is computerised and just rings numbers at random - I find this extremely frustrating.

How do they know who they have called?

Bo

Auto Diallers:

A software program that can be used to automatically call thousands of numbers from a phone list or database. An auto dialer can usually be configured to leave messages for people on answering machines, receive touchtone or recorded responses, or simply dial the telephone numbers for an operator or agent. Some systems that perform a call transfer to an operator when a call is answered by a person is called a predictive dialler . Auto dialers are widely used for customer support in call centers and telemarketing. Well, you did ask :-D

• Haha 1

Just hate every DCA out there

Now correct me if I'm wrong - they got the "Account in Dispute" letter Tuesday - asking for everything in writing;)

Thought I had cleared all messages on my mob answerphone, so was surprised when I listened. Two phone calls off this lot telling me that it was a private business call and asking me to ring:rolleyes: . One on Tuesday, the other today.

Now I obviously need to do my homework on this lot - do they actually read any of the letters they get?

Er hello Crabot in writing- comprendez?:p

Oh and BTW 12+2+30 Monday 23rd July!!!!

Tick tock ...............

Bo

Oh, dear. Time for another letter, do you think?

There are letters all over the forum regarding telephone harrassment. Here's one...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/14977-reporting-harassment.html?highlight=harrassment#post118288

Cheers SH - that's a good one:D

Mmmm - might go with this after Monday. Only had two calls from them - never spoken to them - yet - so I don't know if I can call it "harassment" as such (although I know, they shouldn't be ringing LOL).

Got "wicked" head on at the mo though - might just hit them with the whole lot at once on Monday - unless they ring again, of course, and I do get to speak to them;) - that should be fun (NOT) :rolleyes:

Regards

Bo

Cheers SH - that's a good one:D

Mmmm - might go with this after Monday. Only had two calls from them - never spoken to them - yet - so I don't know if I can call it "harassment" as such (although I know, they shouldn't be ringing LOL).

Got "wicked" head on at the mo though - might just hit them with the whole lot at once on Monday - unless they ring again, of course, and I do get to speak to them;) - that should be fun (NOT) :rolleyes:

Regards

Bo

Hi,

Just go for it!

Regards, Jeff.

Hi BO on a lighter note regarding the abbrieviations, I thought everyone was calling me UUN short for honey.

have had a similar letter from Cabot I think it is just Chinese whispers, and at the end of the day if they had got a cca, it would be returned by next day delivery recorded, so they could cash in the money asap. I am still new to this, but I am sure the b**tards would demand what is rightfully theirs. So all this jargon and similar company names are just there to confuse us, and believe that we need to pay them.

But no oney unless there is a cca, and I would seriously check it becuase these guys are dodgy I would say.

Nice to talk to you again

Well 12+2+30 today and not a peep of a CCA;)

They did try and ring again Saturday morning but it was that stupid automated thing again, by the time I had got my mobile out, it had stopped ringing (funnily enough I was in the "chicken" section at my local supermarket at the time:D !)

Oh well, time for another letter - will draft something up later and post - all input most welcome:)

Presume I SAR Hitachi now if I can work out what name they go by these days. They started as Nova Retail Finance, then Hitachi Credit, then Hitachi Capital:rolleyes: !

Apologies CFC, been a bit busy, however, this has given Cabot another few days to reply to my "Account in Dispute" letter - still not a dickie bird:D (apart from a few more phone calls - on my mobile, whilst at work - like I'm gonna answer when I've got an office full of people:p )

However, here's the letter I intend to send:-

I am writing further to my request of 5th June requesting a true copy of the Credit Agreement under the Consumer Credit Account 1974. However, the reply received by myself does not fulfil your requirements under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Act demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. I may ask for this on demand providing that a fee of £1 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter dated 5th June 2007. Upon receipt of the original request, the specified account legally entered into disputed status.

You had until 21st June 2007 to provide me with the true copy I requested. After that date, you entered into default of my request. Whilst the account is in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, nor make any further charges. Additionally, you are not entitled to register any information on this account with any credit reference agencies or any third part.

The time limits which are laid down in the Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 are clear. You must supply an executed credit agreement within 12 works days of a proper CCA request. If you fail to comply with a legitimate request, the account enters into a default situation and if you fail to comply after a further 30 days, you commit an offence. You entered into default on 21st June 2007 and subsequently committed a criminal offence on 23rd July 2007.

This matter is now a formal complaint and if I do not receive any correspondence from you within seven days (in writing only), I intend to report your conduct to the Office of Fair Trading, the Financial Ombudsman and Trading Standards.

I still do not appear to have received a reply to my letter of 16th July 2007 (received at your office on 18th July) regarding defaults placed on my account in May of this year and would ask that you also adhere to this request.

Despite my letter regarding ANY communication from your company, which stated that I require ALL communication to be in writing, your telephone calls continue.

This behaviour constitutes harassment. My letter stated quite clearly to you that I require ALL communications to be in writing only. Do not telephone me again - remove any telephone numbers you hold for me from your systems.

Your telephone calls are in breach of the Office of Fair Trading guidelines. If you continue with them after the receipt of this letter, this will also be reported to the regulatory bodies mentioned earlier. Please note, if you continue to telephone me, ALL telephone calls will be logged and recorded.

Yours faithfully

I am not a major letter writer, so have cobbled this letter from various threads - also, I do tend to "waffle", so any advice would be welcomed:D

Regards

Bo:)

Ach, waffle all you want. It's what THEY do after all.

And looks OK to me. I'm surprised that the calls continue, cos Credit Where It's Due, I just had to ask once for them to stop.

Hopefully this will do the trick.

SH - I hope so ;)

Will send this off ASAP - now I have your stamp of approval :D

Bo x

My old horse did. He loved cheese and onion. And the pastry off sausage rolls. As I discovered when I found I had no lunch left except for the meat out of the middle.

LOL :D

Back to the plot then:)

You may remember back in post 31 that I applied for a free look at my credit file with Experian. Thought I'd give them a quick call to cancel it (before I had to pay for it:rolleyes: !) and when they asked me what I thought of it, I said well it appears to have incorrect information all over it with regard to defaults being placed on my accounts without any notification to myself.

Got passed onto another department straight away! The advice given was interesting. Apparently, a default can be placed on your account if you are not making payments under the terms of the original agreement with the OC (ie just making token payments). But you must be informed of this before the default is placed;) to give you a chance to put the account in order.

You can e-mail Experian with all queries on your account and they will write to the companies concerned and then write to you with their replies.

Now call my cynical if you wish;) . If I e-m Experian with all the anomolies on my credit file, I may have quite a few DCAs scrabbling for cobbled together Default Notices and saying that they were issued (when I know they weren't) but also, I may upset a few:grin:

I am pondering on whether to e-m Experian or not

Any thoughts?

Bo

Don't expect miracles though. These people have too much to lose by upsetting the hands that feed them. How would they survive if their "clients" got upset with them? I think you'll find they will make excuse after excuse. But it has to be done, so you can then complain to the ICO et al about their apparent breaches of the DPA.