Copier vs Barclays

Copier
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there new to forum but taking the big leap & sending my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on Monday by recorded delivery. I don't have all of my statements but the statements i do have looking at charges of around £1800.00:eek:

Held off a little while trying to set up a parachute bank account so here goes. Also never posted on forums before so please bear with me.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, welcome to the Barclays nest.

Youre doing fine and we're here to make sure it stays that way.

when updating or replying to your thread, use the 'REPLY' button. Do not start a new thread for each question.

Have a read here if you havent already:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

As long as you post on here every stage you go through we can follow and advise accordingly, if youre unsure DO NOT action it until it has been checked first.. Get it right first time, every time.

Saintly_1 will be in shortly to say Hi, and then Tipsy amongst others,, you are lucky that this forum has the best group of helpers on the whole site.

Together we WILL get your money back..

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thanks Moggieb.

Don't worry no questions tonight, trying to relax myself with drink & destress from a hard working week.

Only now had courage to post on the forums.

If i remember rightly Tipsy is on a girls night out tonight so she will be missing

She was and is suffering terribly today lol

Just saying hi and welcome copier :) just follow the advice given on here and read through other peoples threads and you wont go far wrong.

Good luck

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi

been away for a liitle while but received my list of charges while i was away.

Just wanted to clarify if i should still stick the the timetables & continue to the next step, after hearing about the test case

Hi Copier

It may well be that you don't get any respnse from the bank now in respect of your Prelim and LBA as they are not obliged to deal with any cutomer disputes involving charges.

This does not however affect your timetable for sending each letter and for ultimately filing with your local county court.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Finally got through statements looking at around £3000 :eek: & still to add more for July.

Going to double check them again tonight & then send the prelim tomorrow. Just wanted to double check my description of Paid Referral & Unpaid out are acceptable for the spread sheet (don't want to mess up)

I have seen other threads with this mentioned but can't find them at the moment to double check