Fred Bassett v Bank of Scotland/Blair Oliver Scott

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dvdriley
Jon,

I'd write back and ask them whereabouts in the agreement is states that this is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act.

Regards.

Fred

OK I have done that. received a letter from DSC saying they agree there is an impasse and are refering back to AA BOS. Thats the 3rd DCA i have seen off on this agreement!!!

OK I have done that. received a letter from DSC saying they agree there is an impasse and are refering back to AA BOS. Thats the 3rd DCA i have seen off on this agreement!!!

Yep, they've blundered big-style on these Preference Accounts. That one question is enough to see them off.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I got this from IQOR today:

IqorClosure.jpg

From past experience, I doubt this will be the end of the matter but it's a little battle won.

Regards.

Fred

Hi, I,ve got the same letter today! Plus a cheque for £1.00! I guess they are starting to realise that BOS cocked up big time with these accounts!

Take Care

Jon

I got one too!

they have classed mine as a credit card? They are redoing the DCA's again. It is now with wescot for a secound time? The first time around (about 6 DCA's) as soon as I wrote saying in dispute because of unresolved complaint they almost imedeately passed it back to the Bos Kids!(blip oli and scotty).

wescot this time have sent me a bull sh1t letter saying that they have checked and there is no dispute.......I called them out right liers on the phone and quoted the complaints reference number.

From other threads on here and elsewere It seems as if there is a problem with the form. It maywell be because it has not got "regulated by......" on one side of it. Aso check the APR on many including mine it is wrong, it is todo with the wording, something like; to comence 2 months after recept of money and they have worked the APR out has being 2 free months therefore making it outside permitted tollerances. The loan part and the card part are interlinked, your initial loan forms part of the credit card? Halifax loans have the same problem - wrong APR.

I have not got the paperwork infront of me but these are the DCA's I can remember: wescot (x2), capital 1, morcroft, apex, posably AIC?, some solicitors with head offices in Stratford upon Avon and ofcouse not forgetting the Bos kids (about 5 times)

Kel

• 2 weeks later...

I have got an old Preference account as well and would like to CCA them.

The only address that I have is a Chester PO box on an old Capital bank statement.

Does anyone have the current address for sending CCA requests to BOS for old Capital Bank preference accounts.

Thanks

L12

I have got an old Preference account as well and would like to CCA them.

The only address that I have is a Chester PO box on an old Capital bank statement.

Does anyone have the current address for sending CCA requests to BOS for old Capital Bank preference accounts.

Thanks

L12

I sent mine direct to HBOS head office, Edinburgh.

Take Care

• 2 weeks later...

Wescot1.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wescot Credit Services Ltd.

PO Box 137

Hull

HU2 8HF

Dear Mr xxxxxx

CLIENT REFERENCE: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 6th March 2009.

I am grateful to you for confirming that this agreement would have been regulated by the consumer credit act and that this should be indicated in the terms of the agreement, as indeed it should.

Perhaps therefore you would be kind enough to point out to me where in this agreement reference is made to this act as I have scanned this document from top to bottom and am unable to find this reference. It is mentioned on the first page of the documents that you sent to me, but this is in relation to a Capital Bank personal loan which has been paid in full and which is not disputed.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Your sincerely,

Fred Bassett

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Good afternoon

Further to your recent email,

I can confirm the account is no longer held by Wescot Credit Services and the account has been returned to the client. Please contact them directly in relation to the account.

Kind regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Accounts Controller

Ddi: +44 (0)1482 590 500

Fax: +44 (0)1482 590 591

Registered in Scotland No. SC84131, Registered Office: Kyleshill House, 1 Glencairn Street, Saltcoats, Ayrshire KA21 5JT

Another one bites the dust. I wonder who it will go to next? Who is further down the food chain than Wescot?

Regards to all.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I have said before that I have two accounts loan (Halifax) and Preferance (Bos) both having the same problem - incorrect APR, They follow each other around.

Thay have done the rounds once and then started again. Westcot have been chasing (usual threatagrams for both accounts) for the second time. I have not even bothered to send the indispute letter this time.

Now today for the Halifax loan I have received an 'it is in the hands of our precourt department' threatagram from.....

and it is the second time they have had it.....

wait for it......

Big fanfare.....

MORECROFT

Anyone want to bet against me receiving a threatagram form Morecroft about the preference account within the week.

I will have to check the paperwork to see what dumb DCA comes next

Well here's my answer, it's Moorcroft and they've called me tonight as well asking me to ring them which of course I will do with the utmost haste.

Regards to all.

Fred

Moorcroft1.jpg

Hi all,

Hope its ok for me to join your merry band ... I too have a BOS pref acct - CCA'd them, and they are out of time. So have sent them the dispiute letter, about 2 wks ago ... nothing from them on that yet .. but interestingly enough I recd a revised set of T&Cs about the same time they went out of time on the CCA request ...

Anyhoo, mine was taken out in conjunction with a car loan about 11 yrs ago, with the car loan repaid about 9 yrs ago ... will be interesting to see if they've kept anything ..!!

Anything I receive from them, I will scan up, so that you can see how they're dealing with my acct - and hopefully we can all support each other ....

In the meantime will keep an eye on the thread and updates ....

xx

Hi all,

Hope its ok for me to join your merry band ... I too have a BOS pref acct - CCA'd them, and they are out of time. So have sent them the dispiute letter, about 2 wks ago ... nothing from them on that yet .. but interestingly enough I recd a revised set of T&Cs about the same time they went out of time on the CCA request ...

Anyhoo, mine was taken out in conjunction with a car loan about 11 yrs ago, with the car loan repaid about 9 yrs ago ... will be interesting to see if they've kept anything ..!!

Anything I receive from them, I will scan up, so that you can see how they're dealing with my acct - and hopefully we can all support each other ....

In the meantime will keep an eye on the thread and updates ....

xx

Hi Abby, the more the merrier. Don't be surprised if they do come up with something eventually - they did with me but it took more than a year.

So far I've seen off Blair Oliver & Scott, Iqor and Wescot on mine, now it's with Moorcroft.

Good luck.

Regards.

Fred

Ooh Fred you are a little minx .... keep up the good fight sir .. !!!

I will wait and see what transpires from them, and of course get right back to all with anything they throw .... in fact I'm looking forward to it .. he he ... (even though I know its naughty to think that way) ....:D

Onwards and upwards good people .... !!!!

Snap - same letter

Snap - same phone call today

All I said when they said they were Morecroft group of companies was "you've got a problem! thank you for phoning! Good Bye!"

This as been going on with me for 12 months and like you Fred I wish they would take me.

Blarzay or what

Kel

Another little angle you might wish to try is:

Ask BOS or any original creditor if the account in question has been 'securitised' and if so to whom and when? If litigation is in process use CPR 31.6 Disclosure. You could start by asking the DCA, that'd give them a headache... See what they come back with. This applies to Loans, Credit Cards and even Mortgages. What many don't realise if you haven't been following the securitisation threads and Carmen Butlers report to the treasury (on CAG http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/186867-carmel-butler-house-commons.html ), is that after the loan is taken out the bank actually 'sells' the loan via the darker nether regions of the banking system to investors (through SPV's - Special Purchase Vehicles) for a reduced price in order to raise funds to lend to others. They obviously don't want you to know this, but that's what happens. Now, when we innocent rogue debtors get taken to court by BOS or the OC..who do you think should be raising the action?...the owner or the 'administrator' purporting to be the Owner/Creditor who you took the credit from in the first place....? Thinking logically, if you were being repossessed by GE or HBOS for a loan or mortgage and they no longer held title do you think the judge would allow repossession if it were GE or HBOS who were stood in court, who raised the action and had destroyed your lives by trying to repossess? I think not somehow..he/she would want to know exactly who the owner /title holder was...but these Judges never ask do they?...so everyone should check out their accounts and each and every time one goes to court and the creditor hasn't told you who holds title (and don't believe the Land Registry either on secured loans as that's part of the investment tax [problem] for the richie investors) and attach a copy of Carmen Butlers report ( page 199 onwards is magic) to their defence.

We all argued against DCA's not owning or having the right to collect a debt...this kind of takes it a stage further and I'm sure one or two of you could have some fun with this..:grin:

Edited by Smarterchick

Another little angle you might wish to try is:

Ask BOS or any original creditor if the account in question has been 'securitised' and if so to whom and when? If litigation is in process use CPR 31.6 Disclosure. You could start by asking the DCA, that'd give them a headache... See what they come back with. This applies to Loans, Credit Cards and even Mortgages. What many don't realise if you haven't been following the securitisation threads and Carmen Butlers report to the treasury (on CAG http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/186867-carmel-butler-house-commons.html ), is that after the loan is taken out the bank actually 'sells' the loan via the darker nether regions of the banking system to investors (through SPV's - Special Purchase Vehicles) for a reduced price in order to raise funds to lend to others. They obviously don't want you to know this, but that's what happens. Now, when we innocent rogue debtors get taken to court by BOS or the OC..who do you think should be raising the action?...the owner or the 'administrator' purporting to be the Owner/Creditor who you took the credit from in the first place....? Thinking logically, if you were being repossessed by GE or HBOS for a loan or mortgage and they no longer held title do you think the judge would allow repossession if it were GE or HBOS who were stood in court, who raised the action and had destroyed your lives by trying to repossess? I think not somehow..he/she would want to know exactly who the owner /title holder was...but these Judges never ask do they?...so everyone should check out their accounts and each and every time one goes to court and the creditor hasn't told you who holds title (and don't believe the Land Registry either on secured loans as that's part of the investment tax [problem] for the richie investors) and attach a copy of Carmen Butlers report ( page 199 onwards is magic) to their defence.

We all argued against DCA's not owning or having the right to collect a debt...this kind of takes it a stage further and I'm sure one or two of you could have some fun with this..:grin:

This isn't a loan though, it's a BoS Preference Account which is listed on my credit file as a credit card.

Regards.

Fred

Could still have been securitised. MBNA do it wholesale.

Well thanks for that. At the moment I just keep asking them under which Act of Parliament this agreement is regulated by. When they state that it's the CCA I then ask them to point out to me whereabouts on the agreement it says this. It isn't of course, so then they return it back to BoS who bung it off to another DCA. At the moment it's with Moorcroft who have rung me twice in the last 2 days:

16.03.2009: humyo.com - moorcroft160309.wav

17.03.2009: humyo.com - moorcroft170309.wav

They'll learn.

Regards.

Fred

Snap - same letter

Snap - same phone call today

All I said when they said they were Morecroft group of companies was "you've got a problem! thank you for phoning! Good Bye!"

This as been going on with me for 12 months and like you Fred I wish they would take me.

Blarzay or what

Kel

Well I feel disappointed, no letter for me yet! Maybe because i've wriiten to the CEO of HBOS and Lloyds reminding them of this dispute and informing them that they had better not transfer my account to yet another useless DCA!

Well I feel disappointed, no letter for me yet! Maybe because i've wriiten to the CEO of HBOS and Lloyds reminding them of this dispute and informing them that they had better not transfer my account to yet another useless DCA!

They can transfer it around for all they're worth as far as I'm concerned. I don't care about my credit rating because that's shot anyway. With a bit of luck we'll soon get the new law that has been talked about and debts will be statute-barred after 3 years. By the time this comes into being all of mine will past their sell by date including this one.

Regards.

Fred

They can transfer it around for all they're worth as far as I'm concerned. I don't care about my credit rating because that's shot anyway. With a bit of luck we'll soon get the new law that has been talked about and debts will be statute-barred after 3 years. By the time this comes into being all of mine will past their sell by date including this one.

Regards.

Fred

Snap!!!

Wonders will never cease. I emailed Moorcroft a couple of nights ago via their own contact system. Tonight I had a call from them. The woman started to go through the usual security routine then suddenly stopped when she realised I'd sent the email, apologised for bothering me and said "please ignore this call".! I was going to ignore it anyway, be me thinks that times are changing.

Regards.

Fred