Help again please with 1st credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty...I appear to have no choice but to post the e-mails from mr [edit]on the phone:

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for removing the full name of Ms XXXXXXXXXX from your posts.

As you will appreciate there existed the possibility, however slim, that someone reading this public forum could use public databases in an attempt to obtain Ms XXXXXXXXXX home address. I am sure that you would not want this individuals personal privacy to be compromised, (and indeed the possibility of violence/vandalism occuring), as a direct result of you personally naming her. I assume that these are amongst the reasons that persons posting, such as yourself, use pseudo names.

In view of the seriousness of this matter I took the decision to obtain your telephone number which Ms XXXXXXXX had indeed removed from our live database.

As regards data protection checks you identified yourself as XXXXXXXX after I had called you on a telephone number known to belong to XXXXXXXX. In addition the only thing discussed was general comments relating to a posting on an internet forum. I do not consider any breach of Data Protection to have occurred.

I have instructed Ms XXXXXXXXXX to forward on to me any communications received from you in respect of this specific matter.

Yours sincerely

XX X XXXXXXX

1st Credit Ltd

and also....

Dear Ms BB,

The contents of your e-mail have been noted.

Whilst I disagree with your interpretation of law, rights of all relevant company's and events that occurred I fully accept you are entitled to your personal opinion.

I have confirmed that the call was not recorded.

Yours sincerely

XX X XXXXXXX

1st Credit Ltd

Convenient? Eh?

I innocently posted in good faith, truly not knowing the 'concern' I am supposedly 'caused' an employee of 1st credit. Yet they are allowed to banter about my personal details :/

I have never, and will ever, except for today's events, give permission for these people to deal with me other than in writing, or personal e-mail with the complaints woman previously 'indicated'.

I am horrified by the tactics these 'people' use and am preparing a case of harassment as I post.

Oh, and he can't even get my title right:|

BB

Hmmm...

HELP!!!

Just recieved this reply from ms 1st credit :

Dear Mrs BB

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please accept my apologies for not responding to your request for a copy of the recorded conversations between our collectors and yourself.

We are not obliged to provide transcripts/recordings of recorded telephone calls as they are not held in a ‘relevant filing system’. This interpretation of the legislation has been confirmed by the Information Commissioners Office.

Regards

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Complaints Officer

Is she correct re: recordings/transcripts, or is she actually saying they don't have them or have destroyed them because of their collector's bullying, illegal tactics and would never want anyone to ever hear/read them, especially a judge?

BB

I suggest that you ask them for a copy of the information commissioner's confirmation which they refer to or else the date and reference number of that document.

It may be true that this was once the Information Commissioner's opinion - although I would like to be convinced. However, the Information Commissioner is easily capable of changing his view if the arguments are put to him properly. This happened in the case of Abbey and also of Barclay's where the Information Commissioner changed his view and decided that those companies were in breach of the Data Protection Act after we made representations in support of various complaints which were made by our users.

This was on an issue of "relevant filing systems" as well.

If this company and others are recording conversations and keeping them then it is not credible that they aren't able to access them by means of some reference system which allows them to identify the individual whose conversation has been recorded.

Anything else would mean that a staff member would be obliged to go through each recording listening until they found the one they wanted.

Nowadays none of these recordings are made on tape. they are all made electronically onto a hard disk and are accessible almost instantaneously.

If you believe that the company is recording your conversation then I suggest that you make a formal S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for it and any other data which they hold on you. If they refuse then make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. let us know about it and we will assist you by making representations and by entering into direct discussions as we have good relations with the Information Commissioner.

It would be interesting to see what the final decision is.

If they refuse to supply you with any details of the Information Commissioner's previous decision to which they are referring then I would suggest that you write to the Information Commissioner and ask him for confirmation that he did make such a finding and in what circumstances that finding was made.

Please contact me when you have your response from the Information Commissioner.

Hiya and thanks BankFodder ,

Still reeling from yesterday's events and would like to thank everyone for thier superb support, advice, help and messages of encouragement :)

Mr [edit] has confirmed via e-mail that the conversation yesterday afternoon was not, infact, recorded even though during the call he said it was, but only after I asked. 'He' broke all the rules by contacting me in this manner.

Here are my replies to the e-mails I recieved yesterday:

Dear Mr XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail, the contents of which are noted.

Please then be aware that the telephone number in question should not have been made available to you.

Your 'version' of the phonecall and my own seem to differ in a number of ways, which I also have noted.

Please advise me as soon as possible if the phonecall was indeed recorded, as you DID NOT advise of this until I asked during which time a number of things were said by yourself that I'm sure my Solicitor would like to hear.

My Solicitor will be most interested also in the fact that you failed to advise me of your position in the comapny, your intimidating and bullying manner, failed grossly to check any security whatsoever to identify me as the 'alleged' debtor, and to see the letter dated 31st May and recieved by myself from XXXXXX XXXXXXXX informing me that my telephone number had been removed from your companie's database, after I wrote asking for your company to stop harrassing me via telephone.

As to Ms XXXXXXXX passing my personal e-mail address to you, I'm seeking legal advice as the 'alleged' account is in dispute as you know, therefore, your company has no legal right to continue to process my personal information.

I give permission this once only for you to reply to this e-mail address.

I await your response by close of business today.

Yours sincerely,

BB

...and then finally after his reply:

Dear Mr XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail, the contents of which are duly noted.

I trust my instructions to never use this e-mail address or telephone number again have been understood and accepted by yourself.

Any further communication you wish to make at any future date must be in writing only.

Yours sincerely,

BB

Best to read his e-mails to me and match them up with my own replies :)

Oooh, almost forgot...

Hi mr [edit], please be advised that, before becoming seriously ill, my previous profession was Customer Service Team Manager for very well known companies (NOT DCAs *shudders*). With that in mind, be aware that I know exactly what I'm saying/or not via phone even under duress, what can and can't be done in a call-centre environment, customer or alledged customer care and security, including satisfying beyond doubt personal data protection etc. ;)

Again, sincere thanks to the genuine people here :)

BB

Guest Mincemeat

FYI: A two way phone recorder from a certain online seller is only £49.95. I've got one and it is great! Absolutely silent and catches these people on the back foot when you play back what they have said on the phone. PM me for details (as I am NOT advertising this, or making ANY money on it!)

Thanks for the info Mincemeat but I can barely keep our home going etc. on my very limited budget. An item of that cost, even though a valuable asset should further harassment via phone occur, is totally out of my grasp :( I even have to use a lot of my DLA for bills etc. and not the purpose it's intended for.

BB

BB Have you found they have gone very quiet?

The silence is lovely;)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Are you being harassed on the telephone by your bank or by debt collectors?

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Are you being harassed on the telephone by your bank or by debt collectors?

This is what I meant to post, so you could have a read:p

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi guys

I'va had similar dealings with 1st Credit, horrible people!

Requested copy agreement 2 months ago and received a letter confirming my request and that it could take up to a month!

So 2 months later I've today written to request they accept any monies paid by myself as full and final settlement of the matter and that they stop harrassing me by telephone (I don't answer their calls now).

What makes me laugh is that I'd been paying them £20 per month and all of a sudden they stopped collecting the money in February, the direct debit is still active!

BB - Am on way out, however, simply had to post this.

Read your thread at lunchtime at work today and literally fell off my chair

:eek:

So they do have their spies ;)

Poor you

Will be watching with interest

I honestly don't know what I'd do. Glad I'm not dealing with this lot (well not yet anyway!!)

Hope you are OK

BO :)

babybear39 - I've sent you a private message.

Please respond

Thanks

BB, we're having 'interesting dealings' with 1st Credit too. Sent a CCA request a week last Saturday, had a reply very soon after, basically saying it could take up to 28 days, etc. We had a very nice sympathetic kind thoughtful letter from them this morning. They want very much to reach an amicable solution to our non-payment (actually they are being paid through Payplan - DMP). Of course, we should ring them to discuss this (:eek::rolleyes: ). And if we don't respond in the next 21 days, why then we clearly don't want to have a genuine sympathetic discussion with them...

We sent the CCA request after they said they'd take us to court etc. Now they've gone all nice and kind (bless!)

If you look for Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells on Amazon.com, scroll down the page under the description of Tubular Bells 2003, you'll see a list of the tracks with an audio preview beside each track. Have a listen to Caveman. Sounds like a day at the 1st Credit office to me ;)

Keep going chuck. :)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)