• Tweets

• Whatever the nuances of the law, they will be lost on OPS, who like the rest of the PPcs never bother to get planning permission, ever. When they get a new contract they don't want to delay issuing PCNs by deigning to follow the law, especially as the period when they take over and the parking restrictions are new is the time when they can catch most drivers out.
    • I had some contact with this company earlier in my working life but I'm afraid there's not a lot I can suggest that you haven't already done. During your grandfather's time  British Celanese was a subsidiary of Courtaulds. Courtaulds was subsequently (after your grandfather had stopped working there) acquired by Alzo Nobel. They in turn closed down the Spondon site and sold it. I have no idea what the number is that you are trying to call. It's a Derby (Spondon) area code but the number appears not to be allocated. From my slim knowledge of the history of the company I would have expected your grandfather's pension to be in the Alzo Nobel (CPS) Pension Scheme.  But Willis Tower Watson are the Pension Scheme Administrator of that scheme and would be the people who should know if your grandfather had contributed. Is your grandfather certain he contributed? Joining pension schemes wasn't compulsory in those days. Or might he have got his contributions returned when he left them? That happened sometimes back then. Sorry not to be of more help.      
    • I am sorry I am not aware of this report from IAS assessors? The Court will consider my application at a online hearing in June. The Court instructed me to send Bank copies of my sons condition proving he could not have been the driver I have heard nothing further. My son is not aware of any proceedings I have not involved him to avoid causing him distress, he has been sectioned a fair few times and I need to avoid this happening.
    • I am very pleased that the Court has taken the decision to allow you to  represent your son and hope that he is happy enough with that to relieve the stress he will also be feeling. I do agree that Bank parking are so insensitive, greedy, horrible etc etc to continue proceedings considering  in what it is a very minor case of a wrong number plate . Even their  own  IAS Assessors, who are normally hopelessly biased in favour of their members, went out on a limb and said  " The Operator's evidence shows no payment for the Appellant's vehicle, or anything similar. It does show two payments for the same registration in quick succession. I would take a reasonable guess, based on the circumstances described, that the person paying has paid for the registration of the person they assisted again." That is damning evidence and you must take that report with you as well as including that in your Witness Statement which we will help you with. I would expect that Bank would discontinue the case at that point.  But I am sorry to say  that you should not count on it.  
    • Evening all,   I have deliberated over this offer for two weeks and I have decided to take their offer. I do understand that some may prefer us to go to court and receive a judgement but with our personal circumstances and my current military commitment that could become an issue. I am so grateful for all the help and support you have all offered me over the last few months. I will continue to monitor this site and push all those that are being wrong to get in touch.   Thank you! what you all do is truly amazing!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

I need your help! Do you have any old T&Cs?

HSBCrusher
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking for some old T&Cs (terms and conditions) please... does anybody have some hidden in a drawer or old cupboard?

Its quite important! :-D

Thanks for your help.

Crusher :-D

EDIT please email whatever you have (preferably pdf) to alan@consumeractiongroup. co.uk and pop a message in this thread.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crusher,

I've just posted some partial T&Cs from 2003 if that's any help: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/90720-help-please-terms-conditions.html

I'd like to see some more organised info sharing, since these T&Cs are what we are basing the main plank of our case on. Surely between the lot of us we must have a complete set. It's just a question of getting the message out to those who have them, and then of course getting the text off the page and onto the website.

cheers

stax

I scanned them and ran the result through an OCR (optical character recognition) program. I can scan the two sets I've got and save them as PDF though, no problem. I'll mail them as you suggest. I'll be very interested to see some of the older versions.

BTW I can convert any sort of image files to pdf if anyone needs that sort of thing doing, as well.

cheers,

stax

No probs - it's a start, anyway. I'll be watching for new developments!

Anyone who has any T&Cs: remember, once they are displayed on the site you will be able to get advice on them. And if you send the ones you have, other people are more likely to take the trouble to send the ones they have - which may well benefit you. It's not necessarily only the T&Cs that were in force when you opened the account that are relevant.

It might be worth pointing out for those who don't have access to a scanner that it is possible to get usable images with a digital camera if you have one - and a steady hand. Even some mobile phone cameras might be hi-res enough. It doesn't always give good enough results but it's worth taking 5 minutes to try it if the alternative is that you wouldn;t send them at all.

Some basic tips if you really have to use this method:

• Set the camera to take the biggest picture at the highest resolution.
  • Lie the document flat in bright sunlight.
  • Bend over it so you are photographing from directly above the middle of the document.
  • If you need to use flash, be aware that you can get bad reflections/glare off shiny pages so you may have to take the picture from a slight angle, i.e. not directly above the middle of the page.
  • Make sure not to cast a shadow.
  • Try to get the camera close enough so the page fills the viewfinder with just a little bit of space around the edges.
  • Don't try to photograph two pages together.
  • You can photograph a single page in two halves if necessary.
  • Don't get so close that you can't focus.
  • Don't use zoom if you can avoid it.
  • Don't worry if part of the opposite page is in the picture - it can be masked out later.
  • Keep as still as possible when pushing the button, obviously.
  • Photograph all pages including the front and back covers.
  • Save the pictures as bmp or tiff files if possible.
  • Try to avoid using highly compressed formats like jpeg.
  • It may add a frisson of excitement to an otherwise dull process if you pretend to be a spy who could be discovered at any time by the Gestapo.
  • Er,
  • That's it.

But it is a lot easier to use a scanner if you possibly can.

cheers,

stax

Hey Stax,

Could you email me PDF copies of the two sets of Terms and Conditions please. Have PM'd you with email address.

Mucho thanks in advance and please holler if there is anything I can help you with.

Querky

Initial Letter 23/12/06

LBA 14/01/07

MCOL 1/3/07

Acknowledged 3/3/07

Defended 27/03/07

Transferred 3/4/07

Stay Ordered 27th April

Stay Set Aside 14th May

COURT DATE 5th JUNE 2007

Waiting on offer just under £5K

I have my mum and both my sisters (along with me) going through our old paperwork (and boy do we have some old paperwork) as we speak!! I have only ever used my scanner once before so do I juest scan and then attatch them to an e mail and send them to the above address ?

ManicBlonde,

It could be both simple or complicated depending on which type of scanner you have and the software controlling it.

Simplest method I would suggest is the following:

1. Open a New Word Document (or other similar Doc).

2. Select from top menu:

a. INSERT

b. PICTURE

c. FROM SCANNER

Do the above for each 'page' of the leaflet you want to scan in and add it all to the same document. Make sure you SAVE it.

Job done.

PM me if you need any help and we'll arrange something

Querky

Initial Letter 23/12/06

LBA 14/01/07

MCOL 1/3/07

Acknowledged 3/3/07

Defended 27/03/07

Transferred 3/4/07

Stay Ordered 27th April

Stay Set Aside 14th May

COURT DATE 5th JUNE 2007

Waiting on offer just under £5K

HSBCrusher, I got this attached to the terms and conditions I received in October last year, unfortunately I think I threw them in the bin! I'll have a rummage later and let you know. If this is of any use let me know and I'll email it to you, wouldn't want to clog up your inbox if you don't need it!

newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=830691scan0001copy.jpg

hope this helps

r-t-v

25/01/07 Statements collected online

27/01/07 Prelim sent

09/02/07 Thank you letter received (and duly ignored)

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

02/04/07 Notice of transfer paperwork received

10/04/07 Lattie's hastner sent

19/04/07 AQ arrived (never mind lattie!)

20/04/07 Last Chance letter sent to DG, AQ filled out.

08/05/07 AQ returned to courts, cc'd to DG

11/06/07 Request for the defence to be struck out sent after not hearing from the court for 5 long weeks.

14/06/07 Directions hearing set for the end of August. 10 long weeks away.

14/06/07 rob-the-viking waits yet longer......

23/08/07 DG apply for a stay, instantly granted by judge.

29/08/07 The waiting begins again, 7 months since prelim was sent.

"If you kick a Tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan to deal with it's teeth!!"

found t&C with effect from 1 December 2006, any use?

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

11/06/07 Request for the defence to be struck out sent after not hearing from the court for 5 long weeks.

"If you kick a Tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan to deal with it's teeth!!"

Everyone who has any T&Cs - yes, please do send them to alan@consumeractiongroup. co.uk. We need to build up a history of this stuff.

For what it's worth I'd recommend that scanning the whole document including front and back covers, using greyscale rather than black and white if possible, and using the highest quality you can - they don't call it 'small print' for nothing!

It's recommended to save the scanned images as a pdf file, but if you can't do that for any reason, send the images - TIFF or BMP files are better than JPEG as there's less likely to be distortion of the image. If in doubt as to how to do it, ask on this thread.

Manic Blonde: sounds like you have a real Aladdin's cave there. Please send everything you can - hundreds of HSBC claimants will be eternally grateful! I'd suggest sending the oldest stuff first as this is likely to be the most scarce. If you are still having trouble with the scanning, post details of your scanning software and the model of scanner you're using and I or someone else will be able to give you detailed instructions.

cbcb - might be a good idea to start a new thread for the legal arguments - but post a link to it in this thread so we get notified. I have a few ideas too, as I'm sure do others - it would be good to get a discussion going.

Alan/admins - I assume you are working to make this stuff available on the site - thanks for your invaluable efforts.

cheers all, stax

OK, so I phoned HSBC this afternoon and spoke to a lady who sounded quite helpful. I requested to be sent copies of Their personal banking terms and conditions from today and then every revision dating back to to 1996 (when account was opened). After a short while on hold whilst she spoke to the relevant department, (of filed her nails or what ever!) she said that she'd get them in the post to me.

I'm not holding my breath but if i do get them I'm scan them all and forward them to you HSBCrusher.

r-t-v

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

• It may add a frisson of excitement to an otherwise dull process if you pretend to be a spy who could be discovered at any time by the Gestapo.

lol - I like it

Ive found these for HSBC - personal banking

1. Booklet Personal Banking terms & conditions - valid from Dec 2006

2. same as above - valid from Oct 2005

3. leaflet - changes to od charges and t&cs - valid from nov/dec 2004

let me know if you need them

for what's it's worth & no doubt yo ualready have them but i've forwarded the Personal banking terms & conditions from their website to Alan.

publish date of December 2006 (46 pages long, but doesn't include their "price list")

EH & SH v The Woolwich/Barclays

£3900 (+ £1500 interest)

offered received of £1000 - Rejected

MCOL filed 05/12/06 (messed up)

waiting on court

CC v HSBC

£3,628.94 FULL & FINAL SETTLEMENT!!! :)

BC v HALFIAX

£3841.27 FULL & FINAL SETTLEMENT!!! :)

I just phoned HSBC aswell to see of they could send me a copy of the terms and conditions that applied to my account when I opened it in 1994. The lady told me that they do not keep any old terms and conditions but she will send me a copy of the current ones. Lets just hope that the lady that Rob spoke to can do what she said she will do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I am hardly holding my breath, hopefully HSBC will surprise me!

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

Hi All

Just a thought

T & cs are printed , right !

they are printed by a printing firm, Right

anybody guess where this is going

Find out who does the printing and see if they have archive copies of printed T & Cs

Name of printers may be along bottom of leaflet

This may work if each bank uses same printers each time, even staff of printers may help to get copy

Just an idea

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'