• Tweets

• I have just read the smaller print on their signs. It says that you can pay at the end of your parking session. given that you have ten minutes grace period the 35 seconds could easily have been taken up with walking back to your car, switching on the engine and then driving out. Even in my younger days when I used to regularly exceed speed limits, I doubt I could have done that in 35 seconds even when I  had a TR5.
    • Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help To Find Madeleine McCann

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope to god that someone still has her, and is looking after her in a way that won't hurt her. The only thing that matters at the moment is her safe return and that those responsible are dealt with in the most appropriate manner possible.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

I believe indeed that this is not the place to discuss this particular missing person case or any other one if it does not relate to the purpose of the forum, and that the whole thread should be deleted.

I also find it objectionable that one cause, due disproportionate media attention, is allowed to be put on this site, when there are dozens of worthy equally worthwhile causes not given a mention.

If you have objections to a ' non- consumer issue' thread then don't read it.

We are simply showing that we care about a missing child - and all the other missing children in the world.

There are plenty of threads about consumer issues for you to read.

Sandbag.

If you have objections to a ' non- consumer issue' thread then don't read it.

We are simply showing that we care about a missing child - and all the other missing children in the world.

There are plenty of threads about consumer issues for you to read.

Sandbag.

If there is so much care for all the other missing children, then where are all the posts and campaigns and news coverage (ad nauseam) for them? Where are all the gangs of volunteers, all the (rather pointless, imho) ribbons, the rememberance masses and vigils? Where are the crocodile tears for such people who we don't know or have not cared about unless we are told to do so by the media? The hypocrisy is amazing.

As for not reading posts that I find objectionable, look at all my other posts. They are to viewpoints that are objectionable (in that they are completely wrong). Were people not to read them and post, then this or any other forum would not get very far would it?

My point is that this thread has no place in this forum.

I quite agree. This is a forum for consumer issues - the Moderators appear unwilling to act in removing subject matter that is being discussed ad nauseum elsewhere. The CAG Forum is not a place to discuss the news of the day (unless it relates to consumer matters). Conspiracy theories, Diana and missing children are more properly dealt with elsewhere. Keep the bandwidth for consumer issues.

This should be in Bear Garden, or removed - I agree that this is not the place for this sort of subject. Maybe it should be locked until another OT forum is set up?

I think when referring to 'crocodile tears', sandbag, gyzmo was talking about the various media organisation that pretend to care now - but as soon as a politician gets caught with his trousers down, or a celebrity's cat gets stuck up a tree, will turn their cameras away from Madeline's case like a shot. See my post on the same theme above.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Nobody with an ounce of heart could fail to wish for the safe return of this child regardless of the reasons surrounding her disappearance.

I'm not trying to point fingers here at all but I must admit to a lot of curiosity as to why they didn't use the childminding services available, especially as they are relatively well off. I mean even if you take abduction out of the equation it is just so much easier than trekking back to your room every 15/30 mins to check on them.

Anyway, the point I want to make is this: I wonder just how keen the media/celebrities/footballers etc would have been to jump on the bandwagon if this child and her family were your average Mr + Mrs. Joe Bloggs from a council estate rather than the middle class Doctor/Consultant family that they are.

I somehow suspect there would be little to zero money in a reward fund, nowhere near as much 'good' publicity and much more media vilification of the bad parenting skills of said working class, cigarette smoking, beer swilling, council house renting people.

By the way - before anyone gets too mad with me - I am a working class council house renter. Also, when my son was about 18mths old he went missing from right outside my front door. Someone had opened my gate and he'd gone for a walk in his jammies and little bunny slippers. It took 2/3 mins to discover him missing, and racing out to the street I heard a neighbour from across the road shouting that someone had just put my son in a car and driven off before they could stop him. There are no words to describe the feelings of this time and the thoughts that go through your head; to say this was the worst moment of my life does not even come close. Fortunately for us, this ordeal 'only' lasted about 2hrs and ended happily with no harm of any kind to my son and the police were fantastic arriving within 5 mins of calling. He is now 21 yrs old but I still have difficulty revisiting this memory.

Here's the bit that will probably gobsmack everyone - the man who took him was a social worker!!! He saw him on the road, took him to his home and called the police immediately but the mind boggles as to his reasons for this, I don't think it takes a lot of brains to realise that an 18mth child in jammies and slippers can't have come very far from home so why not knock on a few doors.

Anyway, my reason for sharing this with you is to show that I do not have it in for the parents, I totally understand how they are feeling because I have unfortunately been there. My heart goes out to them regardless of how this happened and though I doubt it will happen now I hope they also have a good ending.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Basil as a baby:)

Guest littlesally

I don't think this has much to do with the family having money - Sarah Paynes family didn't and look at the press coverage she had.

For some reason, some missing children make big headlines.

Thank God they do, less we forget.

A few years ago the police took photo's of Bournemouth beach, they found 93 known paedophiles there! And parents let their children run around naked on the beach.

A friend of mine went on holiday in Portugal, she was going to have a hotel babysitter, then found out hardly any of them are police vetted! Maybe the Mccann's also found this out.

Slagging them off will not help them. I dare say no-one could say worse than they are saying to themselves. They have to live with their decision for the rest of their lives. It was ultimately the wrong choice, time can never change that, but how harsh the lesson!

I hope and pray the family get through this, whatever the outcome.

Sally x

Am I the only one feeling p*ssed off that this whole matter is being spammed across the whole board with somebody wanting us to text a number to raise funds to continue the publicity.

FFS, this is a consumer site, not a missing persons forum.

We hear of and advise on telephone scams frequently - how are we sure that this is not another?

(waits for this post to be moderated off)

It is annoying to go to what you think is a new post and see the same sticky repeated over and over. Everyone knows where to go to donate/volunteer/give information now, unless you've been buried in a steel box thirteen foot underground for the past two weeks. And I note that the text number doesn't tell you how to donate a certain amount, or how much the text will cost in the first place - I could text the number and be automatically taken for £25 plus text - I just don't know.

Also, isn't there a £2mil reward for her now? Do missing persons posters cost that much to print? I think people are getting a little caught up personally in the tragedy... as I've said before, this subject IMHO should be confined to an OT forum, or a stickie in 'General', not plastered over the whole site. I'll reiterate before people jump on my head - JMHO.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

• 1 month later...

I am really sorry about sounding negative, but I have looked on the "Official Find Madeline McCann Site" and... why are people still donating money??? Has anyone seen the figure on the site?

Donations of £901,234.89 have been received to the fund to date.

I cant remember nearly a million pounds cheque and a worldwide cruise being given to sarah paynes family

I dont see how all that money can really help, sorry.

I am really sorry about sounding negative, but I have looked on the "Official Find Madeline McCann Site" and... why are people still donating money??? Has anyone seen the figure on the site?

I cant remember nearly a million pounds cheque and a worldwide cruise being given to sarah paynes family

I dont see how all that money can really help, sorry.

I understand what you are trying to say here.

I hope they have returned home for the sake of their two other children and try to give them a sense of normality and stability in their little lives.

The McCanns are probably torn between the frustration of wanting to actively search and campaign for Madeleine's safe return and taking care of the children left behind.

The investigation is , of course, still ongoing, and in my opinion, they would probably benefit from being at home with their children trying to relieve their confused little minds.

I hope I haven't offended anyone, I am merely thinking of their welfare.

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

Same Here, I dont intend to be offensive, but I just cant see the point of throwing money at a problem like this... I cant begin to think what its like for the mccanns but I also wouldnt leave any of my children unattended, esp to go for a meal (if thats what it was...)

I hope she is found alive and well as well as everyone else who is missing

• 2 months later...

Have just been emailed a notification of a posting to this thread. It was, to understate the matter, rather tasteless (posted by captainlulz according to the email).

Whilst I abhor the continuous media frenzy on this one particular matter, I find such "jokes" pretty much tasteless and, imho, sick.

I take it the post has been deleted? If so, good.