allen V's A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Just read the post above, have you thought of breaking it up i.e... claim 2007- 2004 now then the rest at a later date? then you're not losing out?

Only problem is to cover yourself if you are claiming for a different amount i would suggest doing the lba again.

Its totally your decision but it gives you another few weeks and it covers you?

send the lba for half the amount now, give them 2 weeks before MCOL, then file for 1 half of your total. Then money permitting file the other at a later date.

Just keep the dates clear in the lba.

Hope that helps

Jen

• Haha 1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

When youve done your mcol, post a copy of your schedule to mcol and your bank, with mcol send a cover letter asking it to be filed with your claim, remember to put your mcol ref number which you will get when the claim is done.

Jen

Hi, You're not being thick...do'nt worry.

My claim is in joint names but all letters etc have been in my name only. mcol in my name and when you get your cheque as long as your name is on it it should be okay...if in doubt add his name on your acc if thats possible?

jen

Hi, I've just put the date and amount but others have put which it was i'e failed dd, bounced chq etc. I am sure they will settle my claim is abit tricky as its more than 6yrs but if you keep reading the threads, A&L are settling all the time.

Jen

Hi, heres my link...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/56153-hi-all.html

I refused a settlement of half the amount just after i filed mcol, but i was really nervous. It was nice having the cheque for a short while....

Good luck..I've subscribed to your thread so i'll keep up to date with you...

Jenny

Hi, I've not had this but the way they act doesnt surprise me, for every 1 person who gets this far.....dozens give up. Keep confidence in yourself and your claim.

Jen

Hi Nicky, My letter was similar i.e bank charges were lawful and therefore un-claimable...the oft was talking about ccards so my claim was not realevant*(spelling???).

But i did have a nice chat with a&l today. Going to court was not even mentioned so hopefully we'll get a offer soon, but £52 is taking the p***!! They are acting like its not serious enough to them which could be a good thing???

Jen

Hi Nicky, These are what to choose when A&L's time is up...If you click on either, it wont let you do anything till their 14 or 28 days are up.

Hope that helps

Jenny

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Its a standard letter...you might get a small offer next...

You dont have to do anything yet, try not to worry...i know its not easy...

Jenny XX

Thanks Jen it helps to know theres people out there that i can ask.

Do i need to do any thing regarding the judgement bit on my mcol and also whats the time frame now?

Hi, You dont need to do anything with mcol now, you'll receive a copy of their defence soon if you havent already...

You can send your charges to wragge's, it'll save them saying they havent got one...

You'll be ok, its really nerve wrecking!!!

Jenxx

i received an offer of just over 2k for a claim of over 5k without filing a claim, and before i sent the LBA.

Hi, your one of the luckier ones, i receive an offer for just under half, but now they're offering tiny amounts.

Jenny

Hi Nicky...1st you're not a pain LOL...

2.You dont have to get your bundle together till you get a court date.

3. I filed mcol in my name only, as were the letters i sent...the acc was in joint names and i havent had any probs, someone did though..wragge's tried to use it in their defence...not a problem though.

If you want me to send you the bundle stuff i will...dont worry about it yet thoughXX

Anything else i am home now and i'll answer quicker LOL

Jen

Hi, I've put the charge amount and date and its not been questioned, i dont think they'll cause a problem with the lesser amount, you can always reclaim it later, thats what i am doing with barclays.

Jen

Hi Nicky,

Your letter looks fine, you are doing the right think, if you want to use the template letters they're here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Hope that helps

Jen

Hi Nicky..

yep its alright to alter it...its more individual...I had to with my letter cos its plus 6yrs.

I think it helps if you read the bundle...the basic on isnt too bad...its mainly your stuff and then the legalities and cases etc...my case is going to mercantile..which yours could too...most of the time you dont have to do the bundle!! which is a releif.

Jenxx

Hi Nicky, Dont worry all you do is sit tight and wait, you do'nt have to do a bundle till you get a court date. The long defence is normal...again trying to confuse you with gibberish...just wait for your date now.

JennyXX

Hi Nicky.

You've already received a defence copy from wraggs? The court probably wont send one.

You may or may not receive an AQ, Some courts are not sending one.

As long as you have stuck to your deadlines before you have filed a claim...the rest is just waiting for the courts...

Hope that helps...the waiting is the worst bit!!

Jenxx

Hi Nicky, I know how you feel...the posty probably thinks i've got a crush on him, I am always pleased to see him coming down the drive.

My court date is looming and i am hoping for the settlement letter. Mcol will have transferred you to your local court but if you're like me and have a few, the only thing to do is wait, at least you dont have to sort anything out till you get your letter...no news is good news and all that malarky...

Jennyxx

Hi Jen thanks just getting worked up with all the waiting!!

Will be looking forward to hearing whats happens with your claim, dont know how u cope with a few on the go at once ive only got the one and thats enough!!

Good luck babe im cheering u on:p

nicky x

Thanks nicky, it means alot.

XXX

Hi Nicky, It wont hurt ringing the court, they will be up to there eyes in claims so the odd few might be forgotten.

Jennyxx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nicky,

Thankyou v.much. Hopefully the floodgates will open now with the media etc, the more claimants the better. the whole court experience was a positive thing, the judge was very nice too. Come on A&L....just pay up!!!

HAHAHA...

Luv Jennyxxx