• Tweets

• I plan to be honest to avoid any further trouble, tell them that the name should be changed to my official name
    • There is no evidence that I was issued a PCN that was placed on the car and removed. It seems that I was issued a £60 PCN on the 8th of March (the parking date) but it was never placed on my car, instead,  they allege that they posted the PCN on the 13th of March and deemed delivered on the 15th. I never got this 1st £60 PCN demand. I only know about all of this through the SAR. I only received the second PCN demanding £100, which was deemed delivered on 16/04/2024 - that is 39 days after the parking incident.  I did a little research and "Legislation states that postal PCNs must be sent within 28 days, unless otherwise stated in the Regulations." as per London Councils Code of Practice on Civil Parking Enforcement.  The main issue is that I was not aware of the 1st £60 PCN as I didn't receive it - I'm not sure how this relates to the 28-day rule because that rule applies to the initial £60 PCN. PCM could say that "we sent him the letter by post and it was deemed delivered on the 15th of March" therefore the 28-day rule does not apply.  As regards the safety of the parking attendant, that is clearly something he chose to feel and he made the decision that his safety was threatened - I didn't even see him or had any interaction with him. I'm nearly 50 and I definitely don't look aggressive 😊  
    • okay will do. I'll let you know if anything transpires but once again - many thanks
    • Personally I would strongly suggest not risking going there with debts. Very possible you wont get back out again. And I know many in that position. Not jailed just unable to leave. the stories of Interpol in other countries sounds far fetched but in and out of Dubai is not a good idea. only two weeks ago a mate got stopped albeit a govt debt.
    • BTW the time in and out is less than 10 mins, more than 5 in case that's relevant? I saw an article posted on here about a year ago a proposed legislation change but i don't know if that went through or not? I'm also a blue badge holder but there it was a regular parking spot.   Private parking fines to be capped at £50 WWW.BBC.CO.UK Drivers will also need to be given a grace period for lateness, as part of a crackdown on parking firms.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Guidelines - Requests For An Original Agreement Under The Consumer Credit Act 1974

gizmo111
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As Joncris quoted earlier, have you checked your Terms & Conditions / employment contract to see if there is any mention of preferential staff finance schemes etc?

Unless it is covered under that, The original creditor and RMA are in breach of OFT664, CCA s77/78, breach of your principled rights from their disclosure to RMA (as no agreement exists expressly consenting to the sharing or disclosure of your personal data!)

Have you got it in writing that Barclays acknowledge no agreement exists?

Thats a good start....

not really sure about the T&C contract bit but i do have a letter from Barclays stating the follwing - further to your letter of 27th july 07 you applied for the above staff loan on 3rd feb 05. the loan was agree after you had verbally agreed to be bound by the staff loans T&C and therefore no written agreement was issued.

when i left the bank my loan was changed from the staff interest rate to another rate (12% i think) after i didnt get a customer loan as there rate was too high, i just left it there, but again nothing was done in writing

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

If CAG was for the law only, and not for personal opinions about 'Moral obligations to pay' and 'do i still owe the money' i bet there wouldnt even be half as many posts.

If you dont know the law (which i dont, nor claim to) then dont give people advice on it.

The CCA (at least what i read of it) is unenforcable without a signed agreement. Period.

No interest, no bailiffs, No nothing.

Without your signature on a piece of paper, they cant touch you for anything. How could they ??? Surely that would defeat the whole object of getting a signature in the first place ???

Morals dont come into it, this is about a LAW. The fabric of our very society.

When you let people break the law and do nothing about it, you are a criminal yourself.

The CCA (at least what i read of it) is unenforcable without a signed agreement. Period.

No interest, no bailiffs, No nothing.

Without your signature on a piece of paper, they cant touch you for anything. How could they ??? Surely that would defeat the whole object of getting a signature in the first place ???

Morals dont come into it, this is about a LAW. The fabric of our very society.

When you let people break the law and do nothing about it, you are a criminal yourself.

I agree.

No need to pay - dont pay. End of....

'Morals?' for people with 'no morals'- I dont think so.

I would like to see all these people who work for DCA's etc on the dole.

Better still in jail.

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago (around 1997) my husband worked for a large company that asked the employees to have a corporate Amex card for expenses. This caused major problems as the company were not always quick enough to pay up and when we struggled at home, we foolishly had to use it for essentials. We soon accrued 2 lots of debt with them each for around £12000 (24000 total). We paid off the first amount and were struglling to make payments with thes second amount. Eventually hubby was unemployed and they got a CCJ, and a charge on property for £10000. This mount is still outstanding and when we moved 6 years ago they applied for a charge on this property and secured that. We have made some minimal payments, but not of late, as with mortgage going up (and arrears), we have no extra finance available. My question is could I still apply for a CCA as the account is obviously still open and in the hands of Amex solicitors (Brachers)? Would they have to hold this info? Would be interested to see what they hold and if this is enforceable. Any advice appreciated. The solicitors keep threatening to go for reposession. Feel like they are hanging over us.

Hi guys

Is there a template letter for complaining to OFT/Trading Standards/Financial Ombudsman about non compliance with a CCA request?

Hi lauranick,

I've been looking for a template letter too for complaining to TS etc..

Hopefully someone will point us in the right direction. You can always count on the people here to come up trumps!! ;)

iwcmd. :)

I don't think there is a template, as each complaint will be unique given the response (or not!) that you have received from the Creditor. The best way to get this advice is to post a thread, if you haven't already, detailing everything that has happened to you in your case then await some expert advice.

In these cases, using a template letter may be to your detriment as it won't fully detail your issues with the Creditors reply, IMHO.

If you already have an up to date thread, post a link to it here and we'll see if we can "lend a hand" in your compliant construction.

Here's one I prepared earlier

clip_image001.gifOffice of Fair Trading

OFT Enquiries

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

Date

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to complain about XXXXXXXXX (other named entities XXXXXXXX), whose business address is XXXXXXXX. In that they have failed to provide me with a properly executed copy of a credit agreement pertaining to the above account number (s).

As is my right under legislation contained within s. 77 (1) and s. 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act (CCA) 1974 and enclosing the statutory amount of £1 (by Cheque) as payment. I first wrote to XXXXXXXXXX on 19 Feb 07 requesting a copy of the original signed credit agreement in respect of alleged debts with the above referenced account numbers.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx are obliged to supply these documents, whether they are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

In the time between XXXXXXXX & now this company has done nothing to satisfy my request, rarely responds directly, rather it has DCAs write to me demanding full payment, despite the fact this debt is in dispute & they are prohibited from doing so.

I believe this company have now committed a criminal offence as they have failed to provide a copy of the original signed credit agreement and have been in default for more than one month since the initial 12 working days allowable under the above mentioned legislation expired.

Additionally as they cannot prove that there is an agreement in force therefore they do not & never had permission to share my data with any third party, by doing so they may have committed an offence under the Data Protection Act.

I have written to them asking them to remove this default and to date this information remains on my credit reference report. I respectfully request that you to investigate this company regarding the above matters as I am of the opinion that they are unfit to hold a consumer credit license.

I have included a copy of the cca request sent to xxxxxxxxxxxxx on xx/xx/xx and also a copy of the complaint/non compliance/LBA letter I have sent them today .

I would appreciate your advice & guidance on the above matter

Yours Faithfully

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

Hi

I have a question. If there is no signed agreement but the bank provide a 'true' copy. Can they still enforce the debt?

My thought is that no copy can be true if there is no signed original. Am I right?

Full story is below:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/92344-don-leocornays-gonna-kick.html

Hi everyone,

I`ve just had a quick read of some of the posts on this thread and they are quite interesting.

Just a quick one though, if a Bank, Loan or Credit Card company lends you money without an actual agreement, then surely they is NO agreement to pay it back, in which case you could say they gave you the money, how nice of them.

If their application forms and agreements are supposed to be regulated by the CCA 74 or 2006, then they should be exactly that. If they aren`t then there is no debt due to the pretendy Mickey Mouse paperwork.

I have a few couple of disputes myself, and quite frankly, I beleive I was bombard with offers of loans and cards etc to a point where I had no choice but to accept them. Then, the next strategy would be to up the credit limit then lash me with high interest and late payment charges in order to trap me in debt and get even more out of me.

If people want to dump money in my Bank Account and let me spent it without an agreement to pay it back then cool.

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi

I have a question. If there is no signed agreement but the bank provide a 'true' copy. Can they still enforce the debt?

My thought is that no copy can be true if there is no signed original. Am I right?

Full story is below:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/92344-don-leocornays-gonna-kick.html

A regulated agreement has to be signed to be enforced as per s.127(3) CCA 1974

(3)

The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section

61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether

or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1))

itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or

hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

Please could someone provide me with a link to a template letter requesting a CCA.

The letter templates are in this thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

The one you want is Letter 'N', which is at this link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162367

From reading other threads in these forums, it would probably be advisable (I suppose it may depend on circumstances) to start the letter with "I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR TO ANY COMPANY YOU PURPORT TO REPRESENT"

Rob

Edited to replace lower case 'n' with uppercase 'N'

I have a friend who has been told by a debt advice agency that a loan secured on her home is completely unenforceable because the creditor has added additional fees to her agreement that she had no choice but to accept. Apparently, most credit agreements are unenforceable.

The agreement is a secured loan with Welcome Finance which she thought was only £16,000, but turns out to be £64,000. Apparently, because Welcome have put additional fees on the agreement without my friends authority, the whole document does not comply with the prescribed terms laid down in the CCA, therefore, the whole debt has to be written off.

I will keep you informed of the outcome.

The agency my friend is using is [EDIT]

Do not post links to commercial companies. Please read the forum rules before posting on these forums.

You'll find that not all agreements are covered by the CCA, (especially if over £25,000) so I'd find that hard to believe in those circumstances.

Is this a "consolidation loan" company giving advice, perhaps, migi?

Thanks Car,

That's what I thought. They're still not budging and have issued a Final Demand for the loan.

The problem here is, don, that they think they can "reconstitute" the agreement to comply with a s.78 CCA 1974 request. Now, before you have a heart attack, this isn't my opinion, but I know the FSO and Trading Standards have accepted this as compliance with that section in the past. (Although, I think they are secretly considering a sudden change in opinion after pressure from groups like CAG)

Personally, if they hadn't provided me with a signed agreement after a s.78 request, I'd be WANTING them to try to enforce the agreement as they'll have no chance in Court and you will have a complete Defence under s.127(3) anyway. If that happens, you should defend and counterclaim without question.

The problem you may face is where they don't enforce the debt in Court, but try to Default you anyway - which appears to be what is happening here! (The under-handed swines!) If they Default you, you will have a fight to get it removed quickly - just take a look at several of my threads if you want to see what hassle is involved there.

Many Welcome loans ARE uneforceable but you need to find a thread either here or elsewhere which deals specifically with Welcome finance

I tend to agree with you there, JonCris - I worked for Welcome Financial Services and all I can say is that anyone with a WFS loan should be challenging it under many, many facets! I can't say more on an open forum, for obvious reasons...

car it's my opinion FWIW that a creditor can provide a 'reconstructed' agreement to satisfy the CCA but it must not be 'conjectured' it must be a true copy of the original in as far as it goes in that it can 'exclude' addresses & Sig as per the 83 regulations

Nevertheless if rather than 'reconstruct' an agreement wouldn't it be much less time consuming if the creditor where just to send a copy of the original in their possession rather than faff around making one up. No if they send you a 'reconstructed' agreement chances are it's because they don't have the original

Also I suggest if they don't admit at the outset that the agreement provided is 'reconstructed' they risk falling foul of the 2006 Fraud act

However, & this is the crux of the matter they must be able to produce a 'signed' true copy of the original including the original T's & C's if they intend enforcing the agreement.

The problem for the money lenders is that many are no longer on possession of the originals as in an effort to maximize profit they have disposed of the hard copies in the mistaken belief that they could enforce an agreement on the basis of the account alone.

This of course completely ignores their CCA obligations & it's only because of their avarice that they are now suffering the consequences.

The great tragedy is that this valuable protection, as afforded under sec 127 of the 74 Act, has been removed from the 2006 Act by this government on the disgraceful pretext that it's in the interest of the consumer when in fact it's a sop to the finance industry after their bloody nose in Wilson v Secretary of State

In forgot to mention that providing a true 'signed' copy of an agreement, any agreement, is not just reliant on the 74 CCA. It would also be required under common law.

It would be required if a creditor was to try & enforce a loan of any amount. After all you could demand in any litigation that the creditor provide a signed copy of the agreement they allege you entered into

how many of you have had a letter with a paragraph in it that states :

"aLTHOUGH we have been able to provide you with a copy of the credit card application and the latest terms and conditions we have been unable to obtain a copy of the original terms of the account.In view of this the remaining balance on the card account has been written off and your obligations to us under the agreement are discharged." :-D :-D

"

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks