Fasthosts URGENT; Statement for Judge FH

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you win the case the judge will normally ask you what your costs were for attending court. He can then add a reasonable amount of this to the award.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

So even though I only asked for claim and costs you think it would be OK to ask the judge for travel and hotel?

Shall I e-mail FH and say you have put me through enough and I intend to see you in court for my travel?

Did you not tell them earlier that you were leaving a 1500. I would just stop communicating with htem, take a printout of the email chain and your travel and hotel cost and ask the judge. they are generally reasonable people.

You have nothing to lose, you were previously not bothered about the travel cost, so if he say no....nothing lost.

but.....have FUN!!!!

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

BrilliantI do have to go soon. Thanks everyone hope I win, glad to actually see consumers do have rights and these companies can be forced into giving you them.

I am concerned that although I told them I have to go at 15:00 I did only ask for £77 but I have been forced to arrange all this travel and as such shouldn't pay it!

Thanks, any further tips?

One last e-mail perhaps saying I am fed-up and have purchased tickets and will see them in court/?

Help me to help others!

***********SUCCESS*****************

As said from you guys the Judge basically said case wasn't particulary strong due to no consumer reg. and FH didn't bother to turn up! Judge order fee + court + £50. You guys got it perfect!!!

I love court! lol so exciting!!! Could other people use my case, the ones on here who had fees but didn't start court??

Thanks guys and gals, as always fantastic job. It did cost me more prolly but they didn't get away with it!! The judge said a lawyers worst nightmare is 'It's the principle'

Haha FH We WON!!

Help me to help others!

Fantastic - nice one Robert. Now you'll have to write to them stating that you have obtained a County Court Judgement against them, and that you require immediate payment of £127 by cheque without delay (or whatever is left for them to pay).

If they have not paid within (I think it's 14 days but check with the Court) then you can apply to have the order Enforced; i.e. send in the Bailliffs!

Nice!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Well done to CAG couldn't have done it without you guys! Glad I did follow it through was some hairy moments! Not the biggest win but I do feel it was a BIG win in that it wasn't the typical case..??

Thanks again everyone!!!! I wanna learn all about credit agreements now - 300 pages later......

Help me to help others!

Congrats robert

I think principle is, like integrity, very much under rated and sadly missing from today's vocabulary and motivation.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Well they could be doing it so the judge sees them trying to settle and me causing a fuss so I have said

Thank you for your reply. I will give you until April 16th 2007 15:00 for any further replies due to the fact I will need to travel up this afternoon to book into the hotel I reserved prior to your late offer I believe I am being reasonable asking for my Court costs only and I would like to note that I am not requesting travel or hotel costs which I have had to book as you have only offered a settlement this morning.

Regards,

Robert Harper

This is in reply to:

>Dear Mr Harper,

>

>Thank you for your email. I understand that you do not see the amount refunded to your account as a full and final settlement of this claim.

>

>We will not, at this stage, be meeting your claim for court costs. Why do they think they are not liable? muppets

>

>Regards,

>

>Jo Ryall

See my suggested amendments & latter comments in red

Congrats M8.

If you do send the baliffs in give me a shout and i will go and film it ;) they are only about 1/4 mile away from my office and it would be great to see the baliffs carrying things out of there office. lol

• dx100uk changed the title to Fasthosts URGENT; Statement for Judge FH