Claiming beyond 6 yrs - important new information!!!

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you zootscoot.

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im Happy too, thank you Zootscoot. There is so much to learn and easy to mix some facts up, and/or miss interprete, especially those which can mean 2 things, but can have different consequences if the wrong route is followed

Thanks again

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Could anyone please tell me what this paragraph is from?

c) The Defendant has concealed, and continues to conceal that the charges debited are unlawful. If this is not the case, and the Defendant truly believes that these charges are lawful, then the Claimant contends that the Defendant is mistaken. As the Claimant only became aware during February 2006 that the charges debited were unlawful, then section 32(1 Xb), or section 32(1 )©, of the Limitation Act 1980 should apply, and the charges debited are therefore within the primary limitation period.

Thanks

It has been used by many as part of a POC or witness statement and the last half should read:

As the Claimant only became aware during February 2006 that the charges debited were unlawful, then I hold that section 32(1)(b), or section 32(1)©, of the Limitation Act 1980 should apply, and that therefore, all of the charges debited fall within the primary limitation period.

Tanz

Subscribing.

Hi Tanz, you mention February 2006 when "we/claimant" became aware that the charges were unlawful and Zootscoot mentions 21st March 2007 when the revelations were made public. Which date do you think we should we be quoting in our POC? Cheers ROS

RiPoFfStOpPeR

b). Alternatively, the Claimant seeks to rely upon s.32(1)© of the Limitation Act. The Claimant paid the charges in the belief that they reflected the true cost of administering the contractual breaches. The Claimant has now discovered, following revelations relating to a similar organisation, that the true costs are much lower and that the belief held by Claimant was in fact mistaken.

It is thus submitted that in accordance with s.32(1)(b), s32(1)© and s.32(2) that the time period for the purposes of the Limitation Act does not begin to run until the Claimant’s reasonable discovery. This was the 21st March 2007 when the revelations were made public.

That's precisely what I used (and read over the phone) to HBOSplc (a month or so back) when they said: "Sorry, you can only have statements going back 6 years."

It was like a proverbial rocket fighting0049.gifup their sweet *SS! They promised me that they would comply with my original S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

The fact that they haven't, as yet, is immaterial. The Information Commissioners Office are on their tails on my behalf, now! As can be seen!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/81108-dusary-bank-scotland.html?highlight=dusary+v+hbos

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Nothing like a good rocket up the proverbial!:D

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Could you post the address of where to buy the rockets :D :D

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

emmaf01

Nothing like a good rocket up the proverbial!:grin:
What you choose to enjoy whist not working or CAGing is entirely your own business :p

Dusary - let's hope the Information Commissioner's Office comes up with the goods

CM -

Could you post the address of where to buy the rockets biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
Not sure, but I wouldn't recommend these for the purpose!;)
  • 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

emmaf01

What you choose to enjoy whist not working or CAGing is entirely your own business :p

Dusary - let's hope the Information Commissioner's Office comes up with the goods

CM - Not sure, but I wouldn't recommend these for the purpose!;)

ROFLOL, good choice

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Oh! Wow!

"The ultimate single ignition firework is the bunker buster, a 256 shot 18 mm calibre super firework. With one lighting required to set off the entire 256 shot "arsenal", this will give you a firework display or finale to remember! "

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

subscribing to this fascinating thread

We can be boringly serious as well!

indifferent0018.gif

Hi All.

This is fascinating stuff.

Some years ago (at least ten) there was a flurry of activity over the miscalculation of the daily rates of interest charged to overdraughts on business and personal bank accounts. This was spearheaded by a bloke called Mark Radin and his company Anglia Business Associates. He found that these interest calculations were almost routinely wrong and that with compound interest added there were often large errors being made on overdraught interest.

I engaged the services of a similar company called Audit (UK) Ltd to do an audit for my business account and we found errors to the tune of about £1400.00, which NatWest admitted to and were prepared to refund. Audit UK then hit them with the ‘whammy’ that due to this over charge they had subsequently bounced cheques and debits and were therefore liable to also refund any and all charges plus compounded interest that had been raised as a result. As you can imagine NatWest back-peddled quicker that Freddie Flintoff on a pedalo, they stuck to their original offer but it was in ‘full and final settlement’ etc. As I felt there was ‘more to come’ I rejected the offer and its limitations. If only this information about the penalty charges also being unlawful was available at the time we could have taken them to the proverbial cleaners, as they were charging me £27.50 a pop back in those days.

The good news is I still have all the paperwork and the correspondence so I am going to have a second go at dear old NatWest and shall hit them with the ‘double-whammy’ of interest charges and penalty charges combined plus compounded interest. I am pretty sure I have statements that go back as far as 1985.

But first I need to reclaim some smaller personal bank account and credit card charges to build a fighting fund so I can go after them properly.

Wish me luck!

AQ

Aquags

Fascinating stuff, and I think you may have an unusual situation that could cause some big ripples.

Will be fascinated to find out how this one gets handled.

I think you could even have a basis in law under something called "duty of care", in that they have failed in this basic obligation, which strenghtens your case for claiming interest above the statutory 8%.

I suggest you do a lot of reading, and get some of the knowledgable Mods involved to advise you on how to handle this one, before taking any actions.

A few of us have a thread set up to share ideas regards Business account claims, if the link hasn't come up in my signature, then here it is.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets.html

please come along and share your experiences, and also perhaps get some advice from others.

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Good Luck AQ, his is going to be fun LOL

Dont forget to start your own thread in the nasty west forum, and post all the things you do on there, then peeps can read and advise where required, then if you have any topic related questions, you can post them on there

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Hi all,

Just to advise have received Woolwich Mortgage statements back to 1991 without too much hassle on a mortgage redeemed 4 years ago. Need to contact them again as the mortgage was taken out in 1985 so they owe me 6 more years but not too bothered about them as don't think there were many charges then but hey ho we'll see.

keep up the good work

Woody

theres more certaintity to you winning this than shef wed winning premiership

Jeeez bandon - there's more chance of me walking on water; and you ain't seen the size of me!

But will follow AQs progress with great interest.