Kralster V's Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sent my DPA letter on 4th April with cheque for £10 enclosed (not recorded delivery....hopefully my 1st and last mistake!)

Have spent the 2 days since, reading other peoples threads and the FAQ.

I heard about being able to claim your charges back a while ago, but thought it would not be possible. Then someone told me about this site and after reading alot of the other threads I now feel confident and ready to take them on.

It's great that so many people are willing to offer help and advise.

So even if nobody replies to this thread, thanks to everyone else who's replied to others!:D

K

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kralster

Welcome to the site. If you follow the tried and tested procedures here. you will get your money back. There are some links below to assist you.

Good luck

Ukaviator

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

As said above , welcome.

You are never alone on this site, and someone always has an answer! I hope!!!!

Any probs just shout.

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

While i'm waiting for my statements to arrive, I decided to take alook at my statments online.

I may have missed a few, or counted some twice (I'm currently in the middle of a night shift....very tired :???: ) and I could only go back as far as 8th April 2005.

BUT..

So far i have got to a grand total of £964 worth of charges!! I don't think this includes the couple of charges they made this month.....after they refused my application for an overdraft extension!:evil:

With each statement i opened I found myself WANTING charges!!

Wow, I can't wait now, as we are really hardup for cash at the moment....I went and got blummin married last month, and still trying to recover!

Well, the latest so far is...

Friday 13th April, I still haven't heard anything so i called the bank. They say they have not recieved the letter yet. (2nd mistake, i sent it to my branch, not the address supplied on this site!!).

I don't know why, but because of the bank holidays that have just passed, I thought i'd give them until today (16th April). They said they still haven't recieved anything.

I was annoyed, so i asked them to also send me statements for an Acc i used to use. (found a few statements and counted £340 worth of charges on them.) She said she'll put a note on my acc. Told her the £10 cheque i posted with the letter will cover both accounts.

Because I didn't send it recored delivery, can they deny they ever received my letter? Should i cancel my original cheque and send another letter and cheque out for both accounts? How much longer should i wait?

I'm really annoyed with myself for not sending this recorded delivery.

I still haven't recieved anything. I have checked with my other bank and they have not taken the £10.

What should i do? because i didn't send it recored delivery they can deny all knowledge.

Shall i send them another letter recored delivery to the head office, or should i take one into the branch? If i do the latter, should i make them sign anything to prove the have recieved it.

Hi kralster, type up a reminder and enclose a copy of your original SAR. State that they have 40 days to comply from the date of your original letter. don't forget to send this one recorded delivery.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I still haven't recieved anything. I have checked with my other bank and they have not taken the £10.

What should i do? because i didn't send it recored delivery they can deny all knowledge.

Shall i send them another letter recored delivery to the head office, or should i take one into the branch? If i do the latter, should i make them sign anything to prove the have recieved it.

i SENT LETTER 7TH MARCH AND HADN'T HEARD ANYTHING. MY CHEQUE CLEARED 11TH APRIL, STILL NOT HEARD ANYTHING. KNEW IT WOULD GO WRONG FOR ME!

I sent another letter on 24th April, Recieved my statements on Saturday 28th.

Have gone through them a couple of times, and have just over £2000 worth of charges.

Tonight I will crack on with the spreadsheet!

• 2 weeks later...

After putting all the details in to spreadsheet, my total for both accounts came to £2477.11 (inc interest). Posted the Request for payment letter together with spreadsheets on May 2nd.

Not heard anything yet, getting ready with my reminder letter.

Just had a letter from Halifax saying they are not going to pay my charges back!

This is part of the letter..

Our Investigation

I have carried out a full investigation of your complaint and i am satisfied that the charges have been correctly applied to your account. This letter explains the reasons behind my decision

Why you have been charged

When you opened your account, you agreed to our terms and conditions which explained that charges would be applied if you did not keep to the terms of the account. From time to time, we have also sent you information about the current level of charges. This information formed part of your agreement with us and we have applied the strictly according to the terms agreed.

It goes on to tell me how to run my account.

What do i do now?

I have adjusted the 1st paragraph slightly in the reminder letter...

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the 2nd May 2007 in a positive manner.

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

Thank you to everyone replying on other posts! Will now go and post this letter!!

• 3 weeks later...

I should have had a reply for my previous letter by Monday 28th May, this was a bank holiday and also i've been away all that week. Still have not recieved ANYTHING, not even a letter saying they are not going to payup.

So now going to send the letter for court action, had a quick look at the information on this site and it doesn't look that straight forward.

Going to take my time over this, is there anything i should be careful with and should make sure i do?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Was about to hand my form(s) into the court but noticed you have to pay the fee's up front. I've don't have enough money until payday (23rd) so will do it then.

Is it worth calling the bank telling them what i'm about to do and ask them to give me the money, saving both halifax and me time and money? Are they likely to go for that? Also i don't want to do anything that would stop me getting the money!

Also, can someone confirm whether i need 1 or 2 n1 forms for the 2 accounts with halifax?

Hi i found Rachel very helpful try ringing her

Hi my claim with the Halifax, they paid the full amount into my account on 19th june 2007 £5635.05.

N1 filed 23rd May 2007

Deemed served 25th may 2007

Acknowledged 1st June 2007

Keep on fighting and you will get it.

Heres some helpful numbers 01422 391096 or email

[email protected]

Today 20th June I discovered that 2700.00 had been taken out of my bank, I rang Halifax and was told it was interest on a loan, I told them that I didn’t have any loans so she put me on hold and cam back after 5 mins and said there’s been an error I will get someone to call you back in 5 mins (I smoked 5 cigs in 15 mins) got no call back so I rang them and they said sorry about the error your account as been refunded with the 2700.00 what a cheek?