Are you claiming a modest amount and have you been defaulted

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I' like to get into a pm discussion with anyone who is claiming up to, say £2000 and who has been defaulted because of the non-payment of money which was comprised of bank charges.

:twisted:

I don't know if your question is still relevant as it was posted some time ago. However, I am helping my son with his claim against Lloyds TSB. The amount is now £201.23 for a bounced direct debit and rising each month as they are continuing to charge O/draft excess plus interest each month. His overdraft currently stands at £146.92 - entirely bank charges less money he put into his account at the outset of this problem to cover bank charges.

The initial direct debit bounce only happened because it took Lloyds TSB 4 days to transfer money from one Loyds TSB account to another (transfer done via internet banking). He took my advice and went into the bank to discuss this at the outset but was politely told tough luck - we're charging you.

After we sent the preliminary letter he received an aggressive phone call from the LTSB Colmore Row threatening (qoute) "account closure, black listing and court action".

We are now at the money claim stage and so need to prepare for that.

Which brings me to a question: Are Lloyds changing their tactics, because today he has received a letter from Sechiari, Clark & Mitchell threatenting to issue court proceedings against him, if he does not settle the overdraft in full in 7 days. I'd like to know if this has happened to anyone else and would appreciate any thoughts on this. The letter also states that they will be lodging information with Experian,Equifax and Callcredit. It states further that even if he pays them the full amount within 7 days they will not remove the original default notice We did include a paragraph in the LBA to Lloyds to the effect that they should not enter a default notice and should remove any such notice if they already had.

I've also read a question on one thread (read so many I can't remember where) about the age of the customer when the account was taken out. Does this have any relevance? My son's account started out as a childrens account (under 16's) and the bank changed it to a basic current account shortly after his 18th birthday, but he has never had a debit card or cheque book for this account, only an ATM card.

Any advice at this stage would be much appreciated because LLoyds do seem to be changing their pattern to one of counter attack..

Helping my son

LTSB £201.23

Prelim letter sent 15/08/06

Acknowledgement from LTSB dated 18/08/06

LBA sent 31/08/06

LTSB rejection/final response dated 1/09/06

Moneyclaim 19/09/06

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive also pmed you about this as requested

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

• 3 weeks later...

I was defaulted by lloyds TSB for £312.83 a balance made wholly of charges and interest. I have recieved court papers from lloyds TSB today and intend to defend the claim and counterclaim to have the default removed. Would appreciate assistance in what to put in my defence on moneyclaim online

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Hi I'm Leigh

I'm starting to look through a claim towards Lloyds tsb here in scotland. They gave me a £50 overdraft when a debit bounced last year so I was in and out of that for a while then suddenly I was overdrawn which I contested for weeks but to no avail. The staff in my local branch were rude too.

Anyway now I have lost count of my charges , the bank even gave me a payment plan but that's caused more trouble than it's worth.

I am over £200 overdrawn now , I am unemployed because I suffer from manic depression so it is very hard for me to cope , not so long ago I remember being £400 overdrawn.. It's like a spiral going out of control I'm up and down like a yo yo.

So I am about to call Lloyds tsb and ask for a report of all the charges on my account and then after that I am looking into claiming what I am owed. It may not be alot but I have wasted enough money and time on this bank.

- Leighan

Leigh as a fellow depression sufferer who is dealing with lloyds TSB at the moment as well I wish you luck in your claims against them. If you have statements of your history just add up the charges and resulting interest and use the letter templates on here to start things.

If when you call them they wont give you a break down of the charges you'll need to send them a subject access request to the data controller who's address is on this forum. It will cost you £10 but you should be able to claim it back. I'm about to send one of these off as lloyds TSB are trying to claim £312.83 off me in the form of an overdrawn balance made wholly of charges so I intend to use the statements in my defence

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Thankyou for your kind words :]

I am new to this so it's good to have some support and I will do that access request you mentioned.

I just called Lloyds there and they didn't even let me past the security check it's just a shambles.

Good luck to you :D

Defaulted by CapitalOne C/C for an amount of £600 in 2003

Defaulted by HSBC C/C for an amount of £700 in 2003

Defaulted by a DCA for an amount of £600 in 2003, can't remember which bank in was originally, either Barclays or YB, although it must have been from before 1999.

I would be extremely interested to take action against these companies for loss/damage, possibly on the grounds that in all this time I have been unable to purchase a property and have lost my way in the housing market, I can no longer get my foot on the ladder and the equity I would have gained etc.

Whilst searching for this post now, I've just noticed that it's in the Lloyds TSB place. I do apologise for listing wrongly, I didn't realise since I was searching posts from the legendary bankfodder him/herself initially.

Feel free to move/delete it.

• 4 weeks later...

I am claiming about 3/4k on my single account, 3k on a joint account and OH is claiming 1.5k on his single account, we have been served with quite a few default notices one which lead to the Lloyd's refinancing my loan to cover the chargers which were being added to my account each month so I am claiming that as well. After receiving all our statements we are trying to draft a response to cover the question of claiming back the loan. not sure how to word it yet or how to add the 10K on to the schedule of chargers.

anyone had experience of this please.

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

asna97, hope you don;t mind me asking but is it a business account, not that this matter as unlawfully chargers are unlawfully no maker what the account is, No the reason I am asking is that I have read many posts with such large amounts to be claimer back. It just That I am paying a awful lot of chargers nothing compared to yours so I am missing something. I did have a problem with the 8% interest only claiming this at the court stage. but if it doesn't get that far do I lose out on all the interest chargers maybe this is whats happening to my, I am not adding any. I hope the banks don't settle out of court so I don't lose my interest or am I interpreting the process wrongly

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

I have been defaulted on a Halifax account for £300 while claiming over £3,300. The default was served long after the dispute commenced and after the submission of court papers.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, I've got a default on my credit record.

catch is though that theys suggested a refinance on my account (last year) to cover the amount Iowed thanks to charges.

The default is on that, but they still owe me a good 95% of that loan to cover the charges.

asna97, hope you don;t mind me asking but is it a business account, not that this matter as unlawfully chargers are unlawfully no maker what the account is, No the reason I am asking is that I have read many posts with such large amounts to be claimer back. It just That I am paying a awful lot of chargers nothing compared to yours so I am missing something. I did have a problem with the 8% interest only claiming this at the court stage. but if it doesn't get that far do I lose out on all the interest chargers maybe this is whats happening to my, I am not adding any. I hope the banks don't settle out of court so I don't lose my interest or am I interpreting the process wrongly

Pen

hi i have just been around a friends and she asked the same thing in your 2nd letter you can claim back 25% of the charges but if it goes to court you will get back the whole lot hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

I am claiming on behalf of my son. I sent off for the last six years statements and received them. I sent off the first letter giving them 14 days to respond. The 14 days are up today and we haven't heard anything. So I know need to send the second letter and fill in the moneyclaim on line.

I know the name of the road and the town where you file a Small Claims - is this what I should put down?

I know to send the letter recorded.

Do I need to send the letter to the London address?

Many thanks for making sure I go about it the right way!

amber_ellie :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Biwood.:)

If you go to the Lloyds TSB 'successes' forum though, you'll see that hundreds of our members have already successfully claimed hundreds of thousands of pounds back from Lloyds TSB.

If you wish to contribute your experiences for the benefit of the group as a whole, please feel free to start a thread and do so. You can also then request help and advice at each stage of the process should it be required, which, judging by the MCOL template you've used, I think perhaps it might.

Good luck with your claim.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Sent off my prelim letter claiming for 2067.00 before interest and request for the removal of my default. Wish me luck ....

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

sent off my first letter for £150 to Lloyds TSB 11/1/07

I bet my Lloyds ASSET card has a lot more charges than that. Hmm will have to tackle that one next i think.

Capital one are threatening me with a default notice for £750 and their charges took me over my limit, SAR sent to them 12/1/07, I spoke to their Special support unit and they have agreed to hold off default notification for another 28 days whilst I sort it out with a DMP agency and at least the 100 phone calls a day have stopped

Monument have issued me with a default notice last week and have also referred me to a dca... not quite sure where Im going with that one yet

Good luck all :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, myself and partner are claiming £6237.99 from 2 accounts we'veheld with Lloyds TSB, Ive had notification that my letter has been received, looking forward to getting a reply by the end of Jan.

Good luck to you

Ann

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Milly, read your post and think you need to get help with your problem, I was wondering if you had contacted your local citizens advise bureau?. I seriously think you should, if you haven't. they are very good and will arrange for you to see one of their solicitors (which will not cost you anything) I would also suggest you try other agencies in your area. ( found in the front of your local telephone directory) Don't worry about it on your own, other people have/are in the same boat.

As for the reduction of only £28.00, you need to ask where the other payments have gone, as you have proof of the standing order. Somebody must have that money. But most importantly, as the ovedraft snowballed because of increased bank charges, surely you should be claiming the whole amount £1,318.36.

I would suggest that prehaps you need to find a local buddy off this website who is willing to use their financial knowledge to help with this total situation.

But, do not give up or make yourself ill by tackling this alone, help is available. I know I've been there and got the tee shirt.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks