Offers of payment baliffs for parking ticket Luton Borough Council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi wanted to ask if someone can help. We have got baliffs for parking ticket. We have paid them £47, and still owe £130. They said we have to pay by Friday. or the removal van will be there on saturday

Can we offer them instalments or do we have to pay them all at once. Cant afford to pay whole thing, but dont want them to turn up at my house. What can I do?

Please help

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Hi Lesley,

first of all, is this a council parking ticket or private company? There is a difference, so if you could provide a little more information before anyone could offer you some help? I'm sure the fountains of knowledge will soon start spraying once we have a little more of the facts. :-D

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Hi thanks for the relpy sorry about that. It for Luton Borough Council. They have told us that If we dont pay by friday they will have the baliffs and the removal van here os saturday. We have already paid them £47.00 and they say we owe another £130.00. But the ticket is normally about £95 isnt it? Is the rest charges? Please help as I have until friday to pay, Many thanks

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Hi again Lesley,

do you still have the ticket in question? It should have two dates on it, the date of issue ande the date of contravention, if it doesnt then you may be able to contest this. If art all possible could you scan and copy the ticket on to here omitting your details etc, then we may be in a better position to offer you the advice you require.

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

Hi Falcon sorry dont still have it. It was a while ago. But we have got to the stage of baliff etc. I have letters from baliffs. Is there anyway to get this sent back to the council, so we dont pay baliff charges. Or can they just turn up on saturday and take our stuff? we cant afford to pay the £130 but can pay in instalments, what can we do? Do you think I should ring them or write them a letter? the only trouble I have is if they say they didnt recieve it.

This is such a predicament to be in, we keep getting tickets because of the parking situation in our area. They wont give us residential parking, and there is never anywhere to park. With a small child i dont want to have to walk miles in a so nice area (there has been rapes and attempted rapes a few streets down). I appreciate your help with this Falcon.

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

If its a council ticket and has got to the Bailiff stage, the only thing I would suggest is to ring them and make an offer of repayment. Depending on what you can fford try offering them as little as possible at first slightly increasing if they decline. £20 per month should be ok ( assuming you can afford that ammount ), if they refuse then you could always let them take you to court, a judge will only allow the debt to be paid back at a repayment YOU can afford. Yu may have to send them a monthly expenditure sheet showing just how much you need to live on etc. If they agree to say $20 per month then ask them to comfirm it in writing, also follow up the phone call by sending them a letter ( recorded delivery) in relation to what agreement you have come to keeping a copy for yourself. Should the matter go to court you will have a paper trail showing how you have tried to resolve the matter.

I would telephone TEC. Northampton County Court Bulk Centre, otherwise known as TEC.

As you say the council has refused parking permits etc and if you can prove that you live in the area and are entitled to it, then they have a case to answer.

The phone number for TEC is - 0845 7045007

The Council obviously appear unreasonable and you have a right to contest the fine being with Bailiffs if you have already tried to negotiate with the local authority.

TEC states -

If you wish to appeal against the registration with the Court

If a correctly completed Statutory Declaration is filed with the TEC within 36 days of registration, the Court registration will be revoked (cancelled). This does not cancel the original penalty charge. The matter is referred back to the local authority to decide what action they wish to take next.

They will then get you to fill out a stat dec -

Traffic Enforcement Centre

It will suspend the warrant and force the local authority that gave you the ticket to answer to a court why they allowed it to go to bailiffs and answer why you are not entitled to a permit.

The process suspends the warrant - you can in the meantime, save for the extra bit to be paid! you have about 14 days - 21 days from the date TEC accept this.

Good luck!

• 5 months later...

Hi ,

On saturday, woke up at 7.30 to find my car had been clamped. There was a letter through the door staing I had to pay £506 immediatly otherwise they would tow my car away.

On the 7th of August i did infact pay the parking ticket, via card payment. I spoke to Newlyn, who told me they could not trace what happened to the payment, and as the accounts department were not in until monday I would have to pay the bailliff and get a refund on monday. Other wise they were taking my car. The bailiff turned up and I had no choice but to pay. I also had to miss work because of it.

On monday, I telephoned them, who told me that banking had decided that no refund would be issed due to the payment being refunded. I agrued with her and told her that Kenneth had taken the payment. She replyed "oh that explains it". Then told me her supervisor will be looking into it. They were to call me back 1 hour later. 4 hours later they still hadnt called, and I rang them back, only to be told not refund. I explained to the call centre that I could obtain proof that the payment would not have been refused and there was ample enough money in the bank. Again a call back was supposed to happen. Nothing, I then called yesterday to be told that banking were agin looking into it. I again called them back and spoke to the supervisor who told me that I needed to fax through a copy of a bank statement to prove ample money was in the account. Again I did. He also told me that there had been problems at his end with the machines at the time of my call. Was told they would call me back. Again nothing. I called them back today only to be told that they are not refunding because it was now twice that it was rejected. Even though they told me it was once!!!! I was not happy with this and told them that I will be issuing court proceedings againt them for this as the mistake was at there end.

As they payment was on my sisters card, she is conacting her bank to see if they did decline it for any reason such as wrong details entered etc.

But what I think has happened is they have made a mistake and dont wont to refund me the money. I intend to give them 7 days as of tommorrow (via fax). But what I need is help in how I can prove they have made a mistake, or how I can get them to admit they made a mistake. Also who can I threaten them with as to their govening bodies?

Please help

Many thanks

Lesley

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

You need to also telephone the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC) to ask when the warrant of execution was issued.

Remember that the bailiff is working as an agent for the relevant local authourty so therefore you MUST address any complaints to them in writing as well.

If your sister paid this debt as you say, was this as a result of a bailiff visit or a letter by post?

Hi

The payment was not taken from her account, and we have spoken to her bank who are looking into the mistake Newlyn have made with the payment, she had over £600 in her account plus a £1000 overdraft, so there was ample amount of money in the account. So the only thing it could be is that they have inputted something wrong.

I was also going copies of all recorded phone calls and notes made on the account in order to try and find out what has been happening.

I payed via card after receiving a letter, and they have admitted that they made a mistake and that if it was declined they should have phoned me to advise me so that we could arrange other payment. But they didnt, they just sent the bailiff to clamp the car. I got a letter through the door when they clamped the car and nothing else

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

The manner that this case has been dealt with is a disgrace and you must write in the strongest terms to the local authority wo have a duty of care in cases such as this. You should state also that unless this is addressed immediately that you will be writing to the local government ombudsman.

You should contact the bailiff and ask for a full breakdown of their fees as this amount charge cannot be right.

• 2 months later...

Whilst I am very pleased that you have at least recevied, partially the correct result, I have to say that anybody out there who has had dealings with the complete bunch of morons at Newlyn have my complete sympathy.

This company acts on behalf of most of the authorities throughout the country and wouldn't even know how to spell the word professional. let alone understand it's meaning.

They act illegally on a continual basis and even when they threaten illegal acts in writing (albeit on a 'without prejudice' basis), the authorities (also a bunch of morons) refuse to believe that they act illegally and back them up!

This is fact, believe me, I know this from first hand experience.

Authorities obviously view the bottom line and nothing else and if you really think for 1 minute that complaining to the local authorities ombudsman will get you anywhere, forget it.

They will contact you and suggest you go through thr council's complaint procedure first and when you have done that and the council refuses to admit any wrongdoing by Newlyn, the ombudsman will then contact you again to advise that it has been dealt with to his satisfaction by the authority and the case has been closed.

Trading Standards..waste of time..OFT, don't want to know..Newlyn, get away with blue murder.

My wife is a childminder and Newlyn advised her over the tel that they would still turn up whenever they wanted to and empty the house, leaving us with a mattress and a knife and fork, obviously I knew this was not about to happen, but it didn't stop worrying my wife.

We advised them and the council of the effect this would have on the children let alone their parents, but they cared not.

When they put in writing that they would break in to the house if we were there or not (no walking possession order) and that we would bare the cost, I imm spoke to the council, who did not believe me and when I supplied them with the letter, the response was, 'oh they wouldn't really do that'!!

I then quired if any of the bailiff's were CRB checked because we could not possibly let them near children otherwise and the council stated, 'oh i should think so'..Newlyn wouldn't know what a CRB chk is!

This just proved that they condoned everything these kretins do.

Complaining I'm afraid is a waste of space.

Luckily I got them off my back by finally making the council see sense before I made them all look like a bunch of non caring wallies.

Which of course they all are.

So, if you deal with anybody from Newlyn, do not expect any sympathy from your local authority or ombudsman, they are all of the same ilk.