Myk3yB v HSBC

Mik3yB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

I've been reading up on the whole bank charge claims affair and so on for the past few months and was very apprehensive from the point of view of little me going up against the mega corporation of HSBC...

After reading so many success stories on these forums I decided that I might be in with a chance.

On Friday I wrote sent (by recorded delivery) my prelim letter for £2647 using a template.

I've read, in depth, the sequence of events from the successful claimants and hope that it's not too long after the initial 28 days that I get my refund.

I have my LBA letter ready to send on 9th April :)

What is the longest and shortest cases for this kind of value? I assume onlt the smaller claims get dealt with within 28 days and the ones over £1k take up to a couple of months?

Thanks for any input you guys can give me. I think the forums are great I will donate something if everything goes to plan :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You never know at the moment you could in theory get an offer in a weeks time on the other hand it could take three months plus a bit to get your money back. All we can say with a great sense of certainty is that you will get your money back if you follow the process in this forum. :)

• Haha 1

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

hiya mik

welcome to the forum. it's not about how long it takes to claim back your money, if you're serious about claiming, it doesn't matter - you'll get it back as long as you stick to your timescales, guidelines and advice from here. you'll be okay. good luck:-)

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

...it's not about how long it takes to claim back your money, if you're serious about claiming....

I'm not in a hurry as such - the way I see it, is that if I get my money back then I'll treat it as a bonus. If I sat and did nothing I wouldn't ever see a penny of it....

I'm just rather skint and could do with the money pretty soon. All good things come to those who wait I suppose.

Thanks for the welcome nettyg, and the amount of friendly people on here - it's very refreshing.

Hi MiK3yB and welcome to the forum, its very good to read a thread where the person has obviously read up some before starting, if you stick to your timescales and not let them extend these then in a months time you could be at court stages which is usually the time they pay up, in the end its all the same, any questions ask away, update your thread even when it seems pretty normal stuff so if you require any help peeps can look at the history, good luck.

Hi folks,

I've been reading up on the whole bank charge claims affair and so on for the past few months and was very apprehensive from the point of view of little me going up against the mega corporation of HSBC...

After reading so many success stories on these forums I decided that I might be in with a chance.

On Friday I wrote sent (by recorded delivery) my prelim letter for £2647 using a template.

I've read, in depth, the sequence of events from the successful claimants and hope that it's not too long after the initial 28 days that I get my refund.

I have my LBA letter ready to send on 9th April :)

What is the longest and shortest cases for this kind of value? I assume onlt the smaller claims get dealt with within 28 days and the ones over £1k take up to a couple of months?

Thanks for any input you guys can give me. I think the forums are great I will donate something if everything goes to plan :)

there's just no telling what kind of timescales there are in respect to getting your money back. my first claim took me 4 months to the day and it went as far as me filing my aq - they offered full settlement on the day it was filed!! (godamn), my second claim - which i wasn't so 'precious' about was offered after only 2 months and before i filed a claim in court. i think patience is the order of the day - you will get it back

Hi Mik,

I'm fairly new to it all aswell, claiming £3069 back from HSBC. I sent my prelim and received a standard 'we note your concerns' letter with an enclosed leaflet. Stuck to my schedule and sent LBA, their 14 days will be up on Monday. No response to my 2nd letter, so have to go the whole hog I guess.

Good luck, I'll keep you informed!

Hi Mik,

I'm fairly new to it all aswell, claiming £3069 back from HSBC. I sent my prelim and received a standard 'we note your concerns' letter with an enclosed leaflet. Stuck to my schedule and sent LBA, their 14 days will be up on Monday. No response to my 2nd letter, so have to go the whole hog I guess.

Good luck, I'll keep you informed!

like we just need plenty of shiny leaflets to read through right?? lol

sorry but i wallpapered my walls with the letters that came back from colin langdale so no room for shiny leaflets lol

Particularly like the part of the leaflet that says;

' If we are unable to resolve matters on the spot, we will send you a letter of acknowledgement within five working days to confirm that we are investigating the matters you have raised.'

This came 8 working days after prelim and clearly covers LBA too!!:p

Although, I have used it since to jot down all the tel numbers and email addresses for DG staff, funny feeling I'll need 'em soon!

yes, hi mik3yb - sounds like you are in good hands.

if i may, i'll just point out a couple of beginner's common misteaks (ha) just so you don't fall in -

are you considering claiming for those interest debits which you see on your statements - that is overdraft interest and you can't just plop them on with the others - they need to be figured on the advanced s/s - reading the instructions - get back if you need help. or ignore the interest debits and use the simple s/s.

which brings me to my second - beginner's mistake - don't send statements with your prelim or lba - you must send either a list with date, name of charge and amount or you send the simple s/s with the 8% interest column hidden - as that is for when you file your claim and not before.

welcome to the forum - good luck with your claim.

yes, hi mik3yb - sounds like you are in good hands.

if i may, i'll just point out a couple of beginner's common misteaks (ha) just so you don't fall in -

are you considering claiming for those interest debits which you see on your statements - that is overdraft interest and you can't just plop them on with the others - they need to be figured on the advanced s/s - reading the instructions - get back if you need help. or ignore the interest debits and use the simple s/s.

which brings me to my second - beginner's mistake - don't send statements with your prelim or lba - you must send either a list with date, name of charge and amount or you send the simple s/s with the 8% interest column hidden - as that is for when you file your claim and not before.

welcome to the forum - good luck with your claim.

I'm not claiming for the interest figures, just the total charges, recall charges and notified fee charges. They're all extortionate. Ranging from £27.50 in 2001 and 2002 and then they are even higher more recently.

I checked on the Royal Mail site and the prelim letter has been signed for.

If I am wrong in any of my figures (which I don't believe I am (hopefully)) I can make any double checks/amendments when I come to send my LBA.

I haven't added any percentages at all at this point, it's just the flat fee's that I have quoted on to them..

Good evening folks,

Although I have sent off my Prelim letter last week I just want to double-check with people as to what I have claimed for.

I reference to the Bank Charges thread/FAQ in bold.

* returned direct debits - I have claimed these at £30 a charge.

* card misuse fees - I have claimed on a couple of these, £10 and £30

* unpaid standing orders - n/a

* unpaid item fees - n/a

* exceeding your overdraft - I have claimed for multiple charges at £27.50, £30, £50, £75, £100 & £125

* referral fee - n/a

* overdraft interest (see below) - I didn't include these.

* total charges (see below) - The exceeding my overdraft charges above were listed as "DR Total Charges" on my statements.

What do you guys think?

Also, to go along with all the other threads of this nature can an admin or mod change the title to "Mik3yB Vs HSBC" ?

Small update -

Received the standard "thank you for your letter etc etc" this morning.

Colin Langdale is asking for a breakdown which I omitted from my prelim letter - I will include this with my LBA on Friday.

I have also in the meantime signed up online for MCOL so that is all prepared.

Funny thing about this letter is at the bottom it says he has included the spare sheet of toilet paper - erm... I mean leaflet..

They must have run out..... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sent my LBA today via Recorded (with schedule of charges this time!).

I know it's over 14 days since my Prelim, but the Bank Holiday messed things up.

I have however, been a bit cheeky and dated the letter 6th April (14 days from Prelim). Letters have arrived from then ages after the date printed on them, so why can't I? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

New update!

Claimed on MCOL website for the amount including the 8% interest (taking the figure over £3,200..!

Will print out two copies of schedule of charges including the 8% interest from work tomorrow and send recorded delivery to the MCOL along with the covering letter asking them to attach the schedule to my claim.

Then I wait... ooh errr... :S

Wish me luck!