Who are DCA for Virgin Media?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partners uncle is being harassed by debt collectors for Virgin Media, the account they are chasing is not in his name but his address.

He has repeatedly told Virgin Media this, but try as he might can not get a dca on the phone to get rid of them. They are sending the usual threatening letters court action, bailiffs ect

Does any one know who collects Virgin Media's Debt and if possible have an address for them. I will write to them and get rid of them....:confused:

• 4 weeks later...
oh dear! Thanks for the response

po box 17

2 spring gardens

Stocport

sk1 4aj

phone dont ring them from your own phone

0161 475 2817

check there web site on google and if they harrass you go into templates and get yourself a harrass letter.

it is probably worth contacting virgin media direct.

there s a department called customer concernbased in manchester who deal with all complaints and will help if a debt collection agency is after a debt that is a wrong un.

they will be more prepared to listen to you than moorcroft and if the debt is definitely not your fathers they can recall it from the dca and sort out any issues.

the customer concern dept is based at

shadowmoss road

wythenshawe

manchester.

incidentally they have a collections dept at the same site so theres a fair bit of expertise there should the complaints team need to check a debt out.

hope this helps

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wescot contacted me also, i told the lady that i was waiting on a SAR from 20th feb, ( this was beggining of May) so she said she would put my account on hold for 2 weeks.... not heard anythingback again

Virgin Media

SAR sent 20th Feb

Non-Compliance sent 25th May

Natwest

WON £78

HSBC

WON £238

Currently claiming £70

You could just send them this letter.

Your home address)

Date: ____________

To: ______________

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your name)

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 8 months later...
You could just send them this letter.

Your home address)

Date: ____________

To: ______________

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your name)

To rory32

I must add im very impressed with your wording and the way the letter is laid out , if i continue to have this ongoing problem with virgin.net / virgin.Media that you kindly replied too ,id be most grateful for a letter such as this of coarse in a different subject completely . I hope you dont mind me giving you praise were its due ? Regards Delta.Pete :-) PS you certainly know your stuff ! icon14.gif

I sent Wescot Rory32s letter .Worked very well.Wescot suspended all collection activity.Virgin seem to hand over accounts to them very fast.I am just about to cancel with Virgin i do not have full confidence with them.Iam just trying to find out if i can claim the late payment charges back.

I sent Wescot Rory32s letter .Worked very well.Wescot suspended all collection activity.Virgin seem to hand over accounts to them very fast.I am just about to cancel with Virgin i do not have full confidence with them.Iam just trying to find out if i can claim the late payment charges back.

Hi Tawnyowl . :-) I'm glad it worked out for you , after i had read the letter he put up , i thought that would work ,im glad for you ,youll have to ask rory32 about the charges situation not my department im sorry to say ,but glad is all well now . Bet thats alot of stress of your mind now ? All my Best Pete .:-) PS ive got my ongoing saga with virgin.Media but a bit different ,im unable to email from any of my mobiles on virgin.Network plus the emails are all ending Virgin.net ,but ive never had any trouble in the past a couple of days ago im able to receive emails on my mobiles but not send weird or what ? :eek:

Had all settings checked over and over and Virgin.Network think the problem lies with Virgin.Media ive no idea my Broadband is well slow but thats nothing new ,but my emailing via my Broadband is fine so im totally confused .

Ive posted a couple a letters of plea on the forum but no helpers as of yet ! Shame :(

Iam just trying to find out if i can claim the late payment charges back.

Yes you can claim these back as they are a penalty. Virgin would have to demonstrate that they are a true reflection of their costs when a payment is late - which of course they can't.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.