Lulu99 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I have started the ball rolling by writing my first letter from the template, asking halifax to supply me with a list of charges. What does manual intervention mean though??

I have had to hand write my letters because my printer is broken. Do you think it will be okay??

They must owe us loads.

I am very nervous about this, and am so looking forward to getting my money back.

It was the halifax who has started all my problems. I am on a very slippery slope downwards all thanks to them in the first place.

I opened a new account with hsbc a couple of weeks ago, so I dont care if they close my account.

I about to post the first letter and have enclosed a cheque for £10.

What does manual intervention mean.??

Thanks.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I THINK Manual Intervention is where a Halifax worker has had to go into your account and spend time working on it as a direct result of your failed Direct Debit, or bounced cheque, or exceeding your overdraft limit (all the things they charge us for). They have to prove that it DOES cost them £39 when we fail a £2 Direct Debit, for example. The fact they can't is why so many people are winning.

Don't feel nervous...we're all in this together and you WILL win if you read through the FAQs and swot up by reading as many of other people's as you can. Try and read as much as possible and you'll soon be armed with all the facts. The worst bit is the waiting, but you've done the right thing in taking the first step, so well done and GOOD LUCK! (Not that you'll need it!)

Hi lulu99 -- welcome and good luck. Get your highlighter read :D

Manual intervention is where a person has actually done some work on your account. Most returned items have no "manual intervention" as they are all done on a "system generated" basis.

Whilst waiting for your statements to arrive, spend time reading the threads in the Halifax forum so you've some idea as to what to expect.

This does seem to vary from claim to claim. I was paid back in full after I telephoned the Halifax when they didn't respond to my LBA. Some are not as fortunate and end up having to serve court papers!!! On the bright side, if you do end up having to go down that road - you can then claim 8% additional interest from Howard Halifax!!!

Whatever route you have to take, the ending is still the same. YOU WILL GET YOUR CHARGES BACK!!!

Stick with the tried and tested methods used on this site. Remember, this is YOUR claim. Stick to YOUR timescales and don't be fobbed off by the bank's stalling letters.

If you've any queries, just post a message and someone will respond to you.

Best wishes. jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Thankyou for the info on manual intervention. Very much appreciated. Now all I need to do is get the letters posted and sit tight for 40 days.

OOOH I can feel some warm sunshine coming my way!!!.:)

Hi .

Another question : Both myself and my partner want to claim our bank charges, and we will claim seperately, but we also have a joint account as well which we want to claim for, so what happens here: Do we claim jointly or what? How does this work. Also is the £10 charge per person or per account??

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I sent off my letter to the halifax requesting statements on the 27th feb. They have got until the 10th April at the latest to send them, but its bank holiday. What shall I do??

It looks as though they are gonna wait right up till the last minute.

Iv just checked and my cheque hasn't even been cashed.

They sent a letter a couple of weeks ago aknowledging the fact they have until 10th April.

PLEASE SOMEONE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO.:confused:

We got some through today. 40 days would have been up on Monday! Do you get a Saturday post? 10th is Tuesday so they may yet turn up. Seems they take it right to the wire...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IANAL - Opinions offered are just my personal views and are not guaranteed to be correct. I have been known to be wrong (once or twice).

Claims in progress against:

Eldest - First Direct - Part Offer received - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/first-direct/79619-eldest-fd.html

Eldest - Halifax - Cheque Received Full amount - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/66254-here-we-go-eldest.html

Youngest - Halifax x 3 - Request for refund sent - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/79617-youngest-halifax.html

Eldest - unnamed Mortgage Provider for Charges and incorrect maths.

WILL THEY STILL SEND THE STATEMENTS EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVENT CASHED THE £1O CHEQUE???

Has this happened to anyone else.

I need some reassurance - getting nervous. I am beginning to wish I hadn't started this!!!!!

Iv just checked and my cheque hasn't even been cashed.

They sent a letter a couple of weeks ago aknowledging the fact they have until 10th April.

PLEASE SOMEONE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO.:confused:

Hi lulu99 they have sent you letter acknowledging SAR and fact they have until 10th April so if they don't compile with this then issue none compliance letter from template library

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

all the best with your claim dpick:mad:

Guest littlesally
Until they cash your cheque the 40 day period doesn't start.

Don't think that is true, if it was then the banks wouldn't cash any of the cheques, ever.

They have 40 days, from when would reasonably expect them to recieve your letter.

Send the non-compliance letter from the link in dpicks post.

Doing a claim for a friend, and this happened to them.

Don't worry, sometimes things get over-looked, especially as there are a lot of claims happening at the moment.

Also sometimes it is deliberate, as some people give up at the 1st hurdle. But don't be one of them.

Don't panic, it will be fine......:)

Sally x

I sent myine off of 6th Feb and still no statements. I have followed it up with the letter of none compliance and the 7 days given to respond to that has gone by. I have made several phone calls and told them I am going to take court action and report them to the information comissioner but its making no difference. I spoke to 3 different people in the customer relations department yesterday and they all told me the same thing. They are so inundated with requests that they dont have a hope of keeping to the timescale and that even if I report it I wont get my statements any faster. As one of them told me ' We are just having to take the hit, if we get reported, so be it.' One of them was extremely nice and said she would personally see that they were sent out yesterday but she couldnt do it in time for me to get them today. She said they should arrive Saturday. She also said that when I send in my next letter with my claim it will take far longer than the 14 days they are allowed to deal with it and that even those that go to court are going to have to wait as the backlog is increasing every day. She was ever so nice and said the situation was terrible but that the days of them actioning things quickly are long gone.

I agree with littlesally. 40 days starts when reasonably expected to have been delivered. Use Recorded Delivery Signed For when sending and whilst they don't always show up on Royal Mail Track and Trace you should be able to assume delivery 2 days after sending. If it doesn't show up on T&T then ring the number on the back of the slip and ask them when it was delivered.

Date they cash cheque is irrelevant in my view.

In our case Halifax went to the wire with statement arriving today. 40 days would have been up on Tuesday.

• Haha 1

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IANAL - Opinions offered are just my personal views and are not guaranteed to be correct. I have been known to be wrong (once or twice).

Claims in progress against:

Eldest - First Direct - Part Offer received - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/first-direct/79619-eldest-fd.html

Eldest - Halifax - Cheque Received Full amount - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/66254-here-we-go-eldest.html

Youngest - Halifax x 3 - Request for refund sent - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/79617-youngest-halifax.html

Eldest - unnamed Mortgage Provider for Charges and incorrect maths.

Guest littlesally

Letter below for non-compliance of non-compliance, if necessary, but as has been said, they have been inundated with requests so will be taking longer.

There was post today was there? It's bank holday so didn't think there would be.

Use the waiting time to check the threads, they will help you. Make a few notes and write down the names of threads that are similar to you. Saves time later,

Sally x

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

Michael Brown has got all the letters you could possibly need.......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Until they cash your cheque the 40 day period doesn't start.

surely the 40 days start from the date on your letter, like if you get stopped by the police for a motoring offence you only have 7 days to produce your documents.

UPDATE --

Today I have recieved the documents _(SAR documents). I was expecting dozens of envelopes or was expecting to be asked to go and collect them from branch. I have got my highlighter ready.

BUT What I have recieved is a ready made list TELLING ME what charges I have recieved. The dates and amounts. They have already done the calculations.

I am annoyed because I have requested six yrs worth of satements , for all I know they havent even put half of em down!!!

I feel like i have been cheated.

Today Ihave recieved my SAR response.

I was expecting six yrs worth of statements - which is what I requested. INSTEAD They have sent a list of charges calculated BY THEM.

How do I know these are all the charges I have recieved??

Have I just got to take their word for it???

I feel cheated. I was so looking forward to going through the statements with my highlighter!!!

The amount is no where near the amount I had in mind.

Do you think this is acceptable.

Has anybody else recieved theirs in this way???

Do you think I should complain, or just take their word for it???

Any advise wold be appreciated.

Thankyou.

You requested the following

"Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable."

To be supplied with just a list of charges is failure of the DPA.

• Haha 1

hi lulu99. Do you not have any old statements atall. If you have,check through them and see if their list tallys with them. I turned the house upsidedown and found about half of my statments. Its amazing were they apear from espesially when you've moved house a few times like me. If this is not an option I think I would be inclined to go to your branch and request a set. Chances are they won't even know about your SAR as they don't seem to communicate much with other departments.

You requested the following

"Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable."

To be supplied with just a list of charges is failure of the DPA.

Thankyou. They are in breach arent they??

I think it is a delaying tactic.

They know I will dispute, its just a crafty way of getting an extension on their 40 days.

Its either put up or dispute it. Its just a delaying tactic. Crafty so and so's.