Shaz vs Lloyds TSB * * WON * *

stahir
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Shaz,

You have an offer and are looking carefully at the conditions.

You are probably already familiar with Lotta Littlies' thread . If you haven't read it lately, and if you have not already committed yourself, you might wish to read the thread or (as Lotta offered) perhaps PM her for advice?

Well done,

Bean

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

Writing an email to their solicitors at the moment refusing to accept their terms of not claiming any future charges and confidentiality. Bit stuck with the confidentiality bit......could someone help me out please!!!

Oh. I forgot to add that Lloyds has taken a further £61 from my account for something which was completely their fault!! Despite writing numerous e-mails to them regarding this they have STILL charged me. So now what should I do? Should I:

1. Add that amount to the e-mail thats going to the solicitors and tell them that that money is to be paid with the other outstanding amount otherwise I will submit another claim?.....OR

2. Submit another claim!?

Writing an email to their solicitors at the moment refusing to accept their terms of not claiming any future charges and confidentiality. Bit stuck with the confidentiality bit......could someone help me out please!!!

Other people in similar situations have crossed out the bits they don't agree with, initialled the changes and then signed and sent back, and still ended up with their money.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Other people in similar situations have crossed out the bits they don't agree with, initialled the changes and then signed and sent back, and still ended up with their money.

My son has received the exact same letter with the 5 conditions. It is so tempting to just sign them. We are in a real quandry. Are you sure people have had their money even if they didn't sign them

He rang the bank on Friday to have a review of his case but the perosn they said he had to ask for had left and noone knew anything about it. So at least he's rung for his review.

Are you sure people have had their money even if they didn't sign them

Have a look round the forum. Look for any thread which says 'settled' in the title - there are plenty of people who have refused confidentiality agreements and still received their settlement.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx for the reply guys............Lotta Littlies sent me a letter which I tweaked and sent to them. Received a revised letter from them on thursday removing the confidentiality clause and saying that they didn't say I couldn't claim for any charges made in the future......signed and sent friday. Also had account reviewed on friday.....but they had nooooo idea what was going on with my account, i.e. claiming back charges.....sooooooo I didn't mention it to them! Should I have?

No you shouldn't of! It's not your fault that their internal communications are rubbish!

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well the court date is next wednesday........and I'm still waiting for my money to be paid into my account. Amazing how fast they take it out yet they're not quite as fast giving it back are they!! I told them (their solicitors) I won't end my court claim until the money is in my account.

Should I end it..........seeing as how they have said they will pay up and I have the documents to prove that?

I changed the terms of their settlement offer, one of the conditions I insisted on was that the money was to be paid within 7 days, they complied.

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.

What Michael and SiD said - get in contact with the solicitors (special delivery letter, email - or even telephone call!) and inform them something along the lines of:

"... the court date is imminent (Wednesday 28th of June 2006), and further to my earlier correspondence, unless the funds are paid into my account and I am notified of the available funds prior to the date my case is due to be presented in front of a Judge, I will not be informing the Court that settlement has been reached."

Be prepared however - just on the offchance they're so goddamn incompetent they don't get the deposit paid in time. Make sure you've gone through the guidance notes on how to present your case and so forth, and have your evidence and other notes ready.

Hell, you could even then include a note in your mail/conversation to the solicitors stating that "I have all of my case information prepared." :D

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

OK...something funny going on......I emailed them today saying that the court date was for this wed and imminent...wasn't cancelling until money was in account etc.

They e-mailed back:

"Dear Madam

We refer to the above matter and confirm our understanding is that the payment

is being processed and we anticipate that this will be with you shortly.

In the meantime, we are not aware that the matter has been listed for hearing on

28 June 2006 and may we please have details of this as a matter of urgency."

Now I don't know whether I've got it wrong......I have to give in my allocation questionaire by tomorrow. So is 28th not my court date or will I get a court date after I've given in my all ques???? Also do I have to fork out another £100 (which I haven't got!) to give to the court near me with the all ques!!???

The date for return of your allocation quetionaire is not your court date. Once you have returned your allocation questionaire you will then be set a court date.

and no you don't have to pay any more money after the return of your allocation questionaire.

But do I have to pay the court the allocation fee....and if I do can I get that back from Lloyds???

What if I don't send the court all ques back....what happens???

The £100 fee is payable if you return an allocation questionnaire for a claim over £1500. As Michael says, if you do not return the AQ then your claim could be struck out.

And likewise, as lee6370 says - the date of return for your allocation questionnaire is not your court date. Once you and the solicitors have returned your allocation questionnaires, you will be provided with a court date - likely to be in September judging by the current backlog.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 1 month later...

They paid in full on the 6th of July.......and then it went right back to them to pay of the balance of the loan I took from them in 2001!!! Ahhh well.

Need to write a confirmation of settlement letter.....anyone any ideas please?

CONGRATULATIONS

Can we ask you to take a minute to fill in our survey

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Well done, you got there in the end! Enjoy your money.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks