Information on Cabot

pmhcfc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I believe one or two individuals might not be too happy with this development.
Cabot appear to have the same cavalier attitude to the internet and statutory legislation as they apply to pursuing unsubstantiated accounts.

Have been checking on the legislation and Mr Seahorse has clear title to the Cabotfinancial. eu domain to do with as he wishes.

The Cabot domains are ranked low in the search engines. It would take 3-6 months to push Cabot Financial out of the listings for their own search terms.

Mr Seahorse I can arrange instant back linking from several domains that rank significantly higher in the search engines than Cabot. Taking Cabotfinancial. eu site up the listing very quickly.

Cabot Financial Search term 1.2 million. Page 1

Biggest of my sites Search term 33.5 million. Page 1

Another one Search term 4.6 million. Page 2 (can rank it back to page 1 in about 6 weeks) The rest are Page 1 in a 1.5 million search term. Each one is fully compliant with current legislation and search engine friendly.

This is one area where the knowledge and detail is available to outpace Cabot at every turn.

He didn't come looking for trouble, but trouble came looking for him.

When the smoke clears, it just means he's reloading.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding of cybersquatting law:

A site should not misrepresent itself or mislead others of its purpose - well it looks like CFC will explain its purpose clearly enough.

It should not harm reputation - simple enough provided its content is purely factual. Let's be honest, Cabot do enough harm to their own reputation without external help!

It should not be a commercial enterprise - I'd imagine that, at best, CFC will just cover its costs.

There's some USA-specific law to cover this here:

Domain Name Disputes: FAQ - The Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act

AFAIK it's never been tested in UK courts, but I can't think that CFC would have the slightest problem even if it was!

Go CFC! :D

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Apple computer are on of the few companies to win in the UK court took them about 2 years of legal action. Microsoft tried a similar move and ended up rebranding the UK product range.

Loui, Dave, thanks for your valuable input.

And as CFC is merely a generic term for those of us who are having problems with a certain company, and are not a "Club" by any legal definition of the term, there are no costs to be covered. It's all out of my own wee pocket. So definitely NOT a commercial enterprise.

And I shall steer clear of calling anything on there ADVICE. As the content will purely be personal observations and experiences, as a sort of collective blog I suppose, they won't be able to try to hammer us for providing a service, as clearly we won't be providing one.

I really can't see anything that might be a cause for complaint. Except for the fact that someone might get a little bit upset.

Hi all

sorry to gate crash your thread i am totally new to this site and this is my first posting so i hope i am among friends. I have an alleged debt with our friends cabot in excess of 10K it is being chased via a vicious DCA who are stating they are going to instruct their client (cabot) to commence bankruptcy proceedings against me. This is pretty good as i dont even know what i owe it for. Not on my credit report and trust me this does go back some years i did have lots of debt many years ago one of the reasons my partner and i split several years ago as it caused problems between us. All the credit at the time was in my name as my partner couldnt get credit i suppose alarm bells should have rang then. Anyway im all cleared up now apart from this out of the blue debt. I have sent an SAR to the DCA within it asking for a copy of my original CCA nothing as yet and that was a coupke of weeks ago should i also CCA Cabot or is it just a waste of ink?

Again sorry to gate crash but its nice to know im not alone.

:D

CCA Cabot to produce the original agreement, terms & conditions. It's well worth a £1. If they can't provide the original agreement they can't enforce the alleged debt until they comply. There's a few templates on the forum for the content of the CCA request.

If it's not on the credit report there a good chance it's more than 6 years old and statute barred.

If you start your own thread somebody will come along with more assistance. Have a read through the other threads to find out Cabots tactics.

Hi all

sorry to gate crash your thread i am totally new to this site and this is my first posting so i hope i am among friends. I have an alleged debt with our friends cabot in excess of 10K it is being chased via a vicious DCA who are stating they are going to instruct their client (cabot) to commence bankruptcy proceedings against me. This is pretty good as i dont even know what i owe it for. Not on my credit report and trust me this does go back some years i did have lots of debt many years ago one of the reasons my partner and i split several years ago as it caused problems between us. All the credit at the time was in my name as my partner couldnt get credit i suppose alarm bells should have rang then. Anyway im all cleared up now apart from this out of the blue debt. I have sent an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to the DCA within it asking for a copy of my original CCA nothing as yet and that was a coupke of weeks ago should i also CCA Cabot or is it just a waste of ink?

Again sorry to gate crash but its nice to know im not alone.

:D

Hi,

Wouldn't be Ruthbridge by any chance, would it?

Jeff.

why would you think that?

they are nice chaps though

Hi,

One of Ruthbridge's tactic of intimidation, is to send you a letter saying that they are recommending that their client start bankruptcy proceedings!

Of course, they probably aren't the only ones!

Jeff.

At the risk of sounding totally paranoid, I find this a bit of a coincidence. Tried to access the Fan Club site. No joy. Just reported the issue, and been told sysadmin are investigating. This from the system status page.

Current System Status Web88Sat, 30 Jun 2007 08:38:06 +0100

We are currently seeing abnormal behaviour on this server, and are investigating the causes.

We expect to have it back to normal operation soon, and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

AM I being paranoid??????

Should of asked really, are you on a dedicated server or shared.

I'd only start to be concerned if it's dedicated, but saying that the hosting company maybe having problems and this is nothing to worry about.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Thanks Louiboy,

this is not statute barred although it cant be far off which is why they are so agresive i guess. I will CCA them for good measure. I will gladly start my own thread so im not gate crashing but for fear of sounding thick how do i do it? (i did say i was new).

If someone can please point me in the right direction then i will start the ball rolling.

Thanks all

How this for a quote from Collect2007 talks, Christ knows how bad the rest of these companies must be if Cabot can gain 1st and 2nd place!!!

Cabot Financial is the pioneer and market leader in consumer debt purchase in the UK and acquires portfolios of debt from amongst the biggest names in UK consumer finance. Cabot aims to recover these debt in an ethical and customer service orientated manner.

In 2005 Cabot won IT Company of the Year at the Kent Business Awards and was the runner up in the Kent Business of the Year at the same awards. In the same year, Cabot were also finalists in the Best Employer in South East UK business awards. In 2006, Cabot were finalists in the National Business Awards. The HR Team were also finalists in the Personnel Today Awards, in the HR Impact Team category and John was an individual finalist in the HR Director of the Year category.

Just hate every DCA out there

How this for a quote from Collect2007 talks, Christ knows how bad the rest of these companies must be if Cabot can gain 1st and 2nd place!!!

Cabot Financial is the pioneer and market leader in consumer debt purchase in the UK and acquires portfolios of debt from amongst the biggest names in UK consumer finance. Cabot aims to recover these debt in an ethical and customer service orientated manner.

In 2005 Cabot won IT Company of the Year at the Kent Business Awards and was the runner up in the Kent Business of the Year at the same awards. In the same year, Cabot were also finalists in the Best Employer in South East UK business awards. In 2006, Cabot were finalists in the National Business Awards. The HR Team were also finalists in the Personnel Today Awards, in the HR Impact Team category and John was an individual finalist in the HR Director of the Year category.

Someone pass the bucket please?

Is he having a laugh? "ethical?" how about the man try do it "LEGALLY" ?? - It's a good job that new building isn't a "TOWER" that's all I can say!! It's still going t come crashing down around this motormouths ears.

Newsflash:

I read with interest that there's a possibility that Cabot may be using (or may be intending to use) 'Lie detection software' when on the phone to customers.. Check this report out on this link > Cautious tone on lie detector software - vnunet.com If you do ever speak to Cabot on the phone, make sure they know you're aware of the RIPA 2000

As per my other bit on another link: It 'appears' that Cabot are using, or intend to use, Lie Detection Software..If you look at slide 13 of Ken's recent presentation > Collect 2007 you'll see what I mean. If he is urging other DCA's to use this software then Cabot must already be using it or, as i said, intending to use it.

Time to brush up on the RIPA me thinks > Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000

If you want to know what lie detection software does then go here > Cautious tone on lie detector software - vnunet.com

Newsflash:

I read with interest that there's a possibility that Cabot may be using (or may be intending to use) 'Lie detection software' when on the phone to customers.. Check this report out on this link > Cautious tone on lie detector software - vnunet.com If you do ever speak to Cabot on the phone, make sure they know you're aware of the RIPA 2000

RIPA 2000 as in RIPPA OFF CONSUMERS EH? :D

If they ARE already using it, and don't let their "customers" know about it, then certain people would be well advised to buy themselves a pair of cast iron underpants. I hear things get a bit ROUGH in Her Majesty's B&B establishents.

i wonder if our friend dean will be 'just subscribing' to this thread?!?!?!?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

As per my other bit on another link: It 'appears' that Cabot are using, or intend to use, Lie Detection Software..If you look at slide 13 of Ken's recent presentation > Collect 2007 you'll see what I mean. If he is urging other DCA's to use this software then Cabot must already be using it or, as i said, intending to use it.

Time to brush up on the RIPA me thinks > Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000

If you want to know what lie detection software does then go here > Cautious tone on lie detector software - vnunet.com

Maybe we should lie detector these DCA's?