HFO services and Cabot finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seems that these 'people' search land registry records at will to see where they can try and make a quick buck. Can you scan a copy of the A4 letter and let the experts on here see how many guidelines it breaks (Dont forget to delete pesonal info)

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that these 'people' search land registry records at will to see where they can try and make a quick buck. Can you scan a copy of the A4 letter and let the experts on here see how many guidelines it breaks (Dont forget to delete pesonal info)

I'll try and scan it at work on Monday. There's no personal info on the A4 sheet as there's a separate letter with your info on it that accompanies it. The A4 sheet talks about attachment to earnings, bankruptcy, bailiffs etc - all the usual DCA stuff.

23/05/06 DPA Sent to Halifax

I Love You All :D

Hello I am new to this site but picked up your link via complaints about citcard and HFO Services. I too have had a number of phone calls from HFO services.

Last august I completed a remortgage of my property to settle my divorce and 2 credit cards which were settled through my solicitor,as stipulated by the mortgage provider. So all settlement cheques were in the solicitors name, unbeknown to both of us citicard sold the debt to HFO Services, but also cashed the solicitors funds for settlement of the same debt, for which they have ignored two letters from my solicitor.

my account was formerly taken out with the associates which was sold to citigroup, and there are other cases on the web where citigroup have persued settled debts.

Hope everybody gets everything dealt with, and thank you for the information your site has given me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, firstly I have never been on a forum before so hope i'm doing things right. I have been having loads of threatening phone calls from HFO about a Barclaycard debt. I firstly got their pack and wrote to them requesting proof of the debt, after several weeks I still have't received anything just more horrible phone calls. I sent a letter special delivery to ask for this evidence and very nicely explained that as soon as I have the documented evidence I will pay. I've just got a telephone response which said that they have sent documents several times and won't send again. I said that in that case I will drive to their office at 9am Tuesday to collect info myself and if i'm satisfied I will write them a cheque. They said that this was not good enough and said a manager would call me back - I haven't heard anything but don't really know what to do but i am anxious.

I've just got a telephone response which said that they have sent documents several times and won't send again. I said that in that case I will drive to their office at 9am Tuesday to collect info myself and if i'm satisfied I will write them a cheque. They said that this was not good enough and said a manager would call me back - I haven't heard anything but don't really know what to do but i am anxious.

This is utter horse$hit! You've agreed to collect the information from their offices because they've claimed to have sent it to you several times and won't send it to you again. OK I know that the Royal Mail can be dire but not a few times in a row! I suspect that they have NO information on you and have never even bothered to send you anything.

Of course the caller said that it wasn't good enough. It would have been good for you to roll over and hand over your card details and the caller would have got credit and/or a fat commission.

Nothing to get anxious about Bubblet. Take control and send the letter rescinding telephone contact and deal only by mail.

23/05/06 DPA Sent to Halifax

I Love You All :D

• 2 weeks later...
I find this quite funny the 12 days are up and today i recieve a letter from Turnbull Rutherford soliciors,acknowledging receipt of my CCA request and telling me that due to high demand there i an 8 week delay...lol

31 days and counting Down...

Hi adelaidebull,

I am in a similar situation with HFO. They were trying to contact me at work on the telephone. I spent most of my time out of the office so the guy from HFO starts threatening the reception staff. Telling them that he wants to speak to the company director, that I will lose my job etc. You can imagine that reaction from the reception staff. Well, a guy from our HR department got envolved and next time the guy called from HFO he was informed that the conversation was being recorded and that should they continue with their threats they will be informing the TSO.

So no more phone calls!

The problem is that I would actually like to pay off my debt and I know that I have one I just don't know if the balance HFO are giving me is legitimate. It was from my Barclaycard etc. It sounds like posting a CCA might be the way forward 'BUT' Because HFO don't know my address I have never had any written correspond from them so I don't know where to post my CCA and I don't even know my ref number (I do have the barclaycard number as reference).

UPDATE:

Seems that HFO have passed my case onto a solicitors as I'm starting to get phone calls from them now :(

My question to you is what address did you use to send the CCA to at HFO and did you have a reference number?

Thanks.

Do Barclaycard not have an address for you.

Are you allowed tor receive personal mail to work. If so use that adress to CCA them from. Also send telephone harrassment letter to the solicitors. You will find its really just HFO under another guise

They did have an address for me. but that was 3 years ago and I have moved many times since then. I guess I moved before I had a chance to get any letters of demand.

I can receive mail at work so I shall use my work address for all future correspondence.. I just need to know who to send the CCA letter to. I will also send the telephone letter too.

As for the £1 that I need to include. How is this best sent? Will a postal order do.. I dont actually have a cheque book :rolleyes:

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

this is my first post and i am having the same problems with HFO Services. But it as already got to the stage where they are saying they are coming out to my property and ordered that i took the day-off work to speak with them. I have taken a copy of the CCA request form and i am going to send it to them first thing tomorrow morning. Hopfully this will sort things out for a while.

Also i can't remember this debt so it is in question, and i have contact barclaycard about this matter and they have no record of me on there systems. What do i do about this?????

Firstly NEVER speak to these Muppets on the phone. If they ring you up hang up. They are bullies.

Secondly they have NO LEGAL powers to visit you at your home except with your permission. If in the unlikely event they do appear at your doorstep ask them to leave. You can decide how rude or polite you want to be in this request. Do not listen to any mumbo jumbo bullsh!t they may tell you. If they refuse to leave telephone your local police and report a breach of the peace.

I would suggest you start a thread of your own about these bully boys and we will soon give you the help and advice that you need. Just remember the law is their to protct you. There are plenty of legal ways to deal with **** like this.

its ok if they are not round by 10am i am gonna phone them up and verbally abuse them done the phone and we will see how they like it. LOL

Dont lower yourself to their level. Use the law.

ok, i told them that i wanted no more phone calls and any further phone calls would be recorded and i was also sending them a CCA. What i meant by verbally abuse give them the law casue i know they don't like people who are clued up about these matters. will start a new thread about this once i get/or not get a CCA from them.

i have just phoned the consumer complaints office and they suggested that if they continue doing the things that they are doing, report them to the office of fair trading.

read the rest of this thread and following what the other people have been doing. Thats wot i'm doing now so hopefully this will be sorted out soon.

Bracken - your first steps are to reply to court disputing the whole of the debt to begin with. Because you don't know whether this company do legally own this debt or not yet - you can't admit you recognise it? Ask on the court reply form for more time to gather the information you need to fully respond at a later appropriate date. (copy letters to court that you use to request information)

Write to the Original Lender asking for a copy of the CCA (consumer credit agreement) it costs £1 postal order or chaque. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html you want letter N in this list.

Put a copy of this CCA request letter with your court reply so court does see you are seriously trying to resolve matters etc.. - court will allow you time to get answers.

If there is likely to be a charges reclaim issue with this - it would be an idea to send a Subject Access Request to the Original Lender too letter is in the template library - this costs £10 and should contain ALL of the information the lender has on this alleged account. It would be worth adding a sentence to this request asking for the Default Notice, Deed of Assignment etc.. (I am sure if you read Seahorses & Tberns threads you will get a better idea of what to ask for).

Regarding the telephone calls - there is a letter in the template library that you can send to request they stop calling you & they communicate in writing. REMEMBER TO RECORD THE DELIVERY OF LETTERS TO THE ORIGINAL LENDERS - this way you can prove you posted them and they were delivered etc. cost around £1.

You will be better off starting your own thread with your own title in the relevant forum - this way others will come and help you who have experiences with this company etc..

The best thing you can do is keep reading in here - there is a lot of good info to help you and the more you read the better armed you will be in dealing with this.

Goodluck - keep posting and updating your thread it will help others to help you!!

HELP !

a few years ago i got a small loan for £500 from a company called Weldcome Finance, I needed it to pay some bills and had no other choice.

The deal was i would pay back £40 a month, and some guy called "Gavin" would pick up the cash every last friday off the month.

a few months went by, I probably paid back at least £250.

when eventually Gavin stoipped turning up and i recieved no phone calls or letters or anything from the loan company....

1 year later they decided to ring me and accuse me of fraud, telling me I oweded them money and if i didnt pay, then they would take me to court.

I told the person on the phone that if they put everything in writing and posted it to me i would take a look over it and try pay the whole thing off in one go... they wouldnt do this !!

So i said, when you write me a letter I will pay you !!!!!

4 years later.... I have a letter from HFO Services claiming they have bought my dept and that i owe them £1036.

Theres no way i can really pay this. What will happen though if i dont ?

I know i already have a CCJ for about £120, i dont want more =(

So yeh any help and advice would be very greatfull thankyou.

Matthew

Send the CCA letter to HFO (template N) and see what happens

Hello Rednuke,

Also, from now on, do not speak to anyone on the phone regarding this alleged debt! You want everything in writing, otherwise you have no proof of what was or wasn't said, or of any arrangements that you may have come too!

Best wishes, Jeff.

yeh i will do no probs, made a bit of a mistake yesterday tho.

i rang them...............

some monkey on the end of the line made some minor threats about how i must pay them or there could be trouble.

i explained that I would be sending a CCA form,

and i wanted Proof of this before i would pay a penny.

I offerd t osettle the account for £500 but the monkey said no chance, your gonna have to pay us more than that or you could end up in trouble.

I asked if he was threatening me ?

- there was an aqward silence

"Looks like youve got a problem then" he said,

I laughed,

"only after after several pints, but my girlfriend, she understands. I mean it happens to you as well right ?"

More aqward silence..Then the monkey grunted something like,

"Well you send the form, and then we will proove it. then you can pay us"

"whats your mobile phone number" he asked.

I thought for a second....

The call ended......