• Tweets

• Even a Piers Morgan is an improvement and a gutless Farage Piers Morgan calls for second Brexit referendum WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage have faced off over Brexit and a second referendum in a heated reunion on BBC Question Time.   “Why don’t we have another referendum about Brexit?” he questioned. “I seem to remember when 2016 came around we were told there was going to be control of our borders and it was going to be economically beneficial to this country. And eight years later we have lost complete control of our borders… and economically it seems to have been a wilful act of self-harm.”   ... Piers missed off : after all somebody said a 48/52 decision would be "unfinished business" by a long way - was that person just bul lying (again)  
    • when did they (who) inform you there was a 'police case' and when was this attained? i will guess the debt is now SB'd as it's UAE 15yrs. have you informed the bsnk ever by email/letter of your correct and current address? you can always ignore anyone else accept the bank,  Block and bounce back all emails. Block any text messages  Ignore any letters unless it's: - a Statutory Demand - a Letter Of Claim - a Court Claimform via Northants bulk.  
    • I left Dubai 8 years ago and intended to return. However a job prospect fell through. I’d been there for 15 years. I decided to pay my credit card and the bank had frozen my account. There is no means to pay the CC so completely unable to pay when I wanted to other than the bank advising me to ask a friend in the UAE to pay it on my behalf!  fast forward bank informs there is a police case against me for non payment. Years later IDR chased me and after months/ years they stopped. Now Judge & Priestley are trying their luck. Now I have received an email in English and Arabic from JP saying the bank has authorised them to collect debts. Is this the same as IDR although I didn’t receive anything like this from them. Just says they are authorised?
    • The neighbour's house is built right on the boundary so the side of their house is effectively the 'wall' in our garden separating the two properties. It's a three storey house and so the mortar poses a potential danger to us. Because of the danger, we have put up an interior fence in our garden to ensure we don't risk mortar dropping on us. That reduces the garden by 25% which is not only an inconvenience, but it's the part of the garden where we had lined up contractors to install a patio and gazebo which we will use for our wedding reception in less than 2 months. We have spoken to the neighbour's caretaker who is on the case, has spoken with a roofer and possibly a scaffolding company, but there are several issues. They don't seem to understand the urgency. As long as there is a risk of falling mortar, we can't carry out any work in the garden, and unless they hurry up, we're looking at cancelling our wedding as it's not viable to book a venue because we can't use our own garden! Also, they want to put the scaffolding up in our garden which would be ok with us if it was a matter of a few days and they hurried up, but there is a tree (most likely protected by the conservation area), so most likely they can only reach part of the roof with the scaffolding if they put it up in our garden. We suggested a roofer with a cherry picker but they seem to want to use a company they've used before. Any and all comments, suggestions, advice is more than welcome.  PS. does it make any difference that the neighbour is a business (ltd) and not a private dwelling?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Solicitors Letter Received

nannamoon1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God this CCJ is getting so confusing:confused:

Was about to post the letter that looingforinfo drafted for me.....

Ok I thought that I would give the County Court a call to see if I could be sent any paper work for the so called CCJ that I am paying to GPB Solicitors £7 monthly and have been for the last 14 years.

I have been told by the court that they would not have any records of the CCJ and they were not computerised back then so all the paperwork would have been destroyed.

I told her that I was still paying the CCJ to GPB and they had no paper work either and surly as the debt still had an O/S balance someone must have records. she replied "well we do not have any records going back that far"

I asked her what would happen then if I just stoped paying...she "replied that they could not take me back to court as I had already been" I believe that this is not true. please advise

Anyway what do I do now GPB appear to have no records and have wrote to Next Retail to see if they have a copy of the Agreement, but as stated in their letter, this is unlikley. GPB state that my contractual liability has been embodied in a Judgement since November 1993, but it appears at present nobody can produce any paperwork.....HELP

lookingforinfo, do I send your letter or is there another letter worded differently that I should send.:D

Its a good job I am off work at the moment after having a operation on my knee.;)

Gizmo,

Ok do I wait for the 12 days to expire which i believe is today to ask for proof of the CCJ or shall I wait the further month. Is lookinforino's first letter ok to send?

All I do not want to happen with this one is to be taken back to court, as my credit file is clear.

Do I keep paying the £7 per month to GPB or do I stop?

Another q... If the court can't even find the CCJ details... how can it be enforced if payments were to stop ?

Depends if the DCA have a copy of it or not - which they probably don't.

I would ask them to supply all docs they have including the alledged CCj and statments and go from there - if they can't produce anyhting and you have been paying for a long time probably more than you ever owed - how can they enforce it anyhow?

• Haha 1

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I will send a letter today and see what happens.

I told myself that I would not come on here until this evening, this place is so addictive, and such nice helpful peeps.

Thank you for all you help, much appreciated, back later

Gizmo, I am not sure that we are talking about the same thing here about ccjs.

A ccj shows on ones file for six years. Thereafter, it is removed from ones

credit file. Once a ccj has been established, you will be unable to dispute that there is a debt but you can dispute the amount. And if the ccj is more than six years old then it may require an order from the Court to enforce the debt.

Try this

Dear Sirs,

Re your claim xxxxx

Thankyou for your letter dated 14th February.

I am at a loss though to understand their contents. I have been assured that

no ccj has ever been applied to my debt. I would point out also that under

the Limitations Act 1980, that even had one been applied, it would have

expired some eight years ago. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, the

Sixth Principle states that no personal data should be kept longer than is necessary. So are you saying that you are in breach of that Principle, and if

not, then surely the original agreement should also be in existence.

I have asked you to comply with my CCA request. The Act does allow you

not to produce the documents if the debt has been satisfied s77[3]. No such

allowance is noted in the case of an expired ccj.

In any event, it has just come to my attention that I am able to challenge

the contract whether a ccj exists or not, and for that reason I do require

sight of the document.

Yours Faithfully,

lookingforinfo

I am about to sent this letter you kindly drafted for me, is this one ok???

Gizmo, I am not sure that we are talking about the same thing here about ccjs.

A ccj shows on ones file for six years. Thereafter, it is removed from ones

credit file. Once a ccj has been established, you will be unable to dispute that there is a debt but you can dispute the amount. And if the ccj is more than six years old then it may require an order from the Court to enforce the debt.

Absolutely correct, but here no one including the court have a record of the CCJ, I would test the DCA to see if they have a copy of it.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Nanna, I suggest you send this one in view of th fact that there was a ccj

applied.

Dear Sirs,

Re your claim xxxxx

allowance is noted in the case of a ccj that was applied over six years ago.

According to the Data Protection Act 1998, Principle 6 states that data

should be kept no longer than is necessary. I would ask that you provide proof of any ccj applied to my account, and if it was applied longer than six

years ago, on what grounds you are retaining this data.

sight of the document.

Yours Faithfully,

PS In answer to your question after ringing the Court, while they cannot

take you back and apply another ccj, they can take you back to apply

a charge on your house for instance.

lookingforinfo,

Ok, the Solicitors GPB have already admitted they have no agreement, I would assume that they do not have any CCJ correspondence (I have sent the letter so we shall see) what proof do they have that there ever was a CCJ, as previously said I cannot remember if this ever went to court, although I did find something in the loft that may have suggested that it did go to court...but no court paperwork etc. how could they apply a charge on the house without a) the original agreement 2) no evidence that there was a CCJ.

would that really stand in front of the judge??? you tell me LOL;)

lookingforinfo,

Ok, the Solicitors GPB have already admitted they have no agreement, I would assume that they do not have any CCJ correspondence (I have sent the letter so we shall see) what proof do they have that there ever was a CCJ, as previously said I cannot remember if this ever went to court, although I did find something in the loft that may have suggested that it did go to court...but no court paperwork etc. how could they apply a charge on the house without a) the original agreement 2) no evidence that there was a CCJ.

would that really stand in front of the judge??? you tell me LOL;)

No it wouldn't stand in court - I would ask them to supply you details of the CCJ as you can't remeber ever going to court over this.

Thanks Gizmo,

I have sent the letter asking for proof etc, & of course recorded ;)

I will keep you informed of any progress, I have the other 2 debts with IJ, whom have wrote back o tell me they have no Agreement, they have been taking my money for 14 years with no agreement, they say in their letter that they have passed the a2 account back to the original creditors (I am of the opinion that these 2 debts were original bought from the creditors, in the letter it mentions that any Correspondence must be made to the creditors.....hang on here they have been taking my money and expect me to just go away....mmm I don't think so....I am just waiting for the 12 + the month. When I contact IJ what is stopping them saying they have no records of these accounts as they have said they are returning them..

Thanks for the advice, I do appreciate it.:)

Hiya Nanna,

The other debts probably were bought, but they have told you to contact the original creditor because what else are they going to say ? If the 12 days and one month pass without any contact fom the original creditor... I would go after the DCAs for a refund. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Nannamoon, I have amended the letter

Dear Sirs,

Re your claim xxxxx

allowance is noted in the case of an expired ccj.

sight of the document.

Yours Faithfully,

The matter that has just come to your attention is the case below where a lady successfully got her debt quashed because the amount of her loan had

been incorrectly entered on her contract. So you do need to see the agreement to ascertain that your agreeement is in order.

McGinn v Grangewood Securities Ltd. [2002] EWCA Civ 522 (23rd April, 2002)

Lookingforinfo

I sent the letter to GPB on 19 Feb and it was signed for on the 20th.

They have not replied, to the letter, now do I pay this months payment as we are not 100% sure if this debt was a CCJ or not.

For the last 14 years I have paid GPB through my bank with a payment book that GPB issue every so often.

14 years ago these DCA/Solicitors always issued payment books, I have just never bothered to change the payment to a S/O.:lol:

Of course they have failed to comply with the CCA the 12 days have passed but the one calender month has not expired yet, bearing in mind GPB replied to my CCA request within 48 hours, saying that the debt was a CCJ.

Nanna, lets assume you don't make this months payment, and there is a ccj

on the account. Big deal, what are they going to do? They can't apply another ccj, nor a default. And as they are now in default, they cannot

pursue you till the default is removed.

The situation is the same if they haven't applied a ccj. Until they furnish you

with the required documents, there is nothing they can do.

Lookingforinfo,

Thanks for all your help, very much appreciated, I just cannot believe that I have been paying these Idiots for 14 years:(

I have a total of 4 debts from DCA that I have been paying for 14 years, 2 of them are from IJ whom sent me a cheque back for the fee, with a letter saying that they are sending the debt back to the original creditor (Do not believe that for one moment) Just waiting for the 30 days to expire.

The other one is with Credit Security, sent CCA via Recorded Delivery, it was never signed for, I did keep the recorded delivery slip, but I must have mislaid the post office receipt. I have sent another CCA request but this time Special Delivery they signed for that this week.

I will keep you updated, as I will probably need more advice.

My credit file does not show any of these 4 debts, so I have no issue with having to have anything removed.:)

Nanna, what a shame this site wasn't in existence all those years ago.

BTW they will have returned the debts, since they will know they cannot produce the documents in time. I wish I knew of the situation with this practice, since it means they have taken your money for all this time but

duck out before the crunch comes. And it may leave the original lender free

to assign the debt-though this time you will know what to do.

Lookinforinfo

I wish this site had been in exsistence all those years ago LOL.

I was very young and petrified of these DCA, Once the 30 days are up could I send a SAR to IJ even tho they have sent 2 of the debts back tot he original creditor, I would love to know how much I have paid over the years and of course interest I assume, there are charges. Also would IJ have the SAR data as they have sent the debts back?

A question for you, (how do we know that IJ did not buy the debt) after all DCA will say anything, especially as they have been taking my money with out having the paper work. assuming IJ have sent the debts back to the original creditors, would they have any correspondence relating to the debts LOL.

IJ would have to keep your data for six years. Not sure that you should

put yourself through the pain of finding out how much you have paid them.

Haven't you given them enough money? And you cannot reclaim the money.

Best just to heave a sigh of relief and move on. Easy to say, I know. More

difficult in practice. Just let the extra money in your pocket give you a warm

glow and may it help to wipe away the bad feelings.

lookingforinfo

I was not looking to claim refund (although I would not mind giving it a go) just thought I may be able to claim back any charges, penalties etc. I do not think I have EVER had a statement from them in fact I know that I haven't.

I am curious as to:

1) Why can't a debtor get a refund, surely if a DCA cannot provide the relevent documents then they have been taking your your money illegally?

Has there been anyone successfully claim a refund from the CAG?

What would happen if a debtor asked for a refund & then went down the usual channels, preliminary, LBA etc....would a judge not award the refund due to there being no credit agreement, and would the judge not award the DCA to pay the charges etc.....

I just cannot get my head around the fact that these Idiots can get away with what they like, when they like. I know my case is perhaps a little unusual due to the debts being 14 years old, but what about these peeps on here that DCA have been taking there money without the relevant documents, it does seem to appear one rule for debtors and another for DCA.

I really would love to challenge a DCA would like to make them squirm, as previously said I was young, niave and vulnerable, when these debt occurred.