• Tweets

• I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
    • Developing computer games can be wildly expensive so some hope that AI can cut the cost.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The spreadsheets don't seem to be working today "Page cannot be displayed" can't download them by right clicking and save target as either.

Don't suppose someone can send me one as I need to work out my charges for LTSB.

I'm getting a similar error: the page starts downloading, then fails pathetically. Is this something on my end?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now going through moneyclaim, having had standard letter response from Lloyds, my question, (although you may have heard it before) is this. I have done my statement, but would like somebody to check I have the correct figures and to check that I have't inadvertantly made a mistake by claiming something that cannot be claimed. Is this what the buddy system is for?. can I ask a buddy to look over my paperwork confirm, it is correct or do I have to take it to a local solicitor?. I have done it in excel and was thinking by emailing it to a buddy, is this how the system works??

keep up the good work

regards suzanne

Hi,

I hope someone can help me do i input the details of my charges and the interest charged or just the interest charged.

I'm confused.

tasha

Hi tasha,

you dont say where you are in the process... the best thing to do is start by reading the FAQS in the bank charges forum... and you can also find there templates of everything else you need as well. It's also a good idea to start a thread with the details of your claim in the forum for your particular bank. But here is a quick guide, stage by stage, which might help:

If youre at stage one, the thing to do is get all details of your charges from the bank. You can get up to six years' worth of charges back, and of course few people keep their statements for that long but you can get them to send you the statements under the data protection act.

Once you've got all the charges listed in front of you, with the dates they were TAKEN from the account, ie not the date you were notified of the charges, THEN put all the charges with dates onto the excel spreadsheet provided by vampiress at the top of this thread. You will notice FIRSTLY that when you list the charges with the dates in the right columns, there is a totaliser function at the bottom of the charges list which adds up the amount of charges in the list. SECONDLY, when you put a charge its column and then the date in the date column next to it, AUTOMATICALLY a function will give you two pieces of information in the next two columns, a) the number of days since the money was taken from your account, called 'the offence' b) the amount of s.69 INTEREST that you are due from them given the amount of the charge and the number of days. THIRDLY there are two more totalisers at the bottom of the s.69 list, one which is the total of the bits of interest you are claiming for each charge, ie adding up all the items in the s.69 list above, and the second totaliser adds the TOTAL OF CHARGES to the TOTAL OF INTEREST, and gives you the grand total in a box on the right hand side of the page under the s.69 total.

When you've filled in that, what you do is make two copies to your own PC or mac, one which has just the charges on it, and the second which has the interest on it, with the two further totals. Keep the second one for later, because you are only going to need the first one for the moment. There are two more stages before you make a formal claim which will include the interest you want back. For the moment, once you've filled in the spreadsheet, write to the bank telling them you want £x amount of money back which is the total amount of charges ONLY that you've got on your first spreadsheet, ie the one saved without the interest on it.

When you send them this first letter with the charges list, it's called a PRELIMINARY REQUEST and there is a template on this site, in the Bank templates thread. Follow the instructions regarding this PRELIM letter, it says in the letter how much time you give them to reply.

The bank may reply, they may not, for, unless they give your money back straight away, you then send the next letter which is called the LETTER BEFORE ACTION. With this letter, again you send the same spreadsheet which has ONLY the charges on it, and not the s.69 interest. Again, they have fourteen days to reply. The point of that letter is to tell them you are about to make a claim through the small claims system if they dont hand over the money.

And that's the next step, after their two weeks reply period is up. You NOW take the spreadsheet on which you have saved the interest column with the two extra totals (the one adding the interest items up, and the second adding the interest total to the charges total to give the grand total). You go to the N1 claim form, fill it in exactly as the guide notes on this site explain, and print out the spreadsheet with interest and either take them or send them to your local county court. At every stage you have to send the letters by recorded delivery as proof of postage. The idea is that when you make a small claim the bank might DEFEND, ie say that they dont owe you the money. The whole thing might end up in court, at which point you have to have proof of all the letters youve sent.

That's pretty much it--the whole thing. The first step is definitely to find out how much charges theyve taken from you over the last six years (do it with every account you have) then fill in the spreadsheet and make the two copies. After that you just follow all the letter templates provided in the bank letter templates thread.

Good luck. It's easier than it appears, and it will take several weeks, probably a couple of months.

Cheers,

JulesR

• Haha 1

N1 claim for about £1500 from Abbey... 5/6/2007

Sorry I think I am having a blonde moment (or the fact I'm doing this with 3 children to keep eye on too). I've filled in the complex spreadsheet. Not being that good at excel I'm trying to work out how it works exactly. Shouldn't there be a place to put my overdraft limit in or does that not matter?

Sometimes the interest on penalties matches the amount in the interest charged cell, but sometimes not.

I'm sure I have done something wrong!

Sorry I think I am having a blonde moment (or the fact I'm doing this with 3 children to keep eye on too). I've filled in the complex spreadsheet. Not being that good at excel I'm trying to work out how it works exactly. Shouldn't there be a place to put my overdraft limit in or does that not matter?

Sometimes the interest on penalties matches the amount in the interest charged cell, but sometimes not.

I'm sure I have done something wrong!

Hi trudd,

I'm not sure if I can help entirely, but here are some thoughts...

I dont think the overdraft limit matters at any stage. they have charged you for being over your overdraft limit or not having enough funds for direct debits or bounced cheques, but the reason for each charge is secondary to the fact that they took the money from you. Just put each charge in the charge column, and the date it was taken from your account. Then the two next columns have functions which should work out how many days since that date and how much s.69 interest has accrued on that particular charge. When I did the excel spreadsheet I found that it couldn't handle any kind of cutting and pasting, except in the 'unpaid cheque/unauth o/d' column on the far left. What I tried to do is cut and paste the date for instance or the charge amount to make it faster, as you would on a word document. It did the cutting and pasting BUT the functions for 'date since the offence' and 's.69 interest' then for some reason didn't work on the cutted and pasted entries i'd done. i had to redo it from scratch once... i'm not very good at excel either!

Looking at your query again, im not sure if I fully understand what you mean by: 'interest on penalties matches the amount in the interest charged cell'. As far as I know there is only one interest column, the furthest right-hand one of the five. I found that if you put in the charge and the date, the days since the charge was removed from your account and the interest accrued are automatic...

Anyway, as I say, Im not that good at excel. I hope this has helped a bit.

JulesR

Hi trudd,

Looking at your query again, im not sure if I fully understand what you mean by: 'interest on penalties matches the amount in the interest charged cell'. As far as I know there is only one interest column, the furthest right-hand one of the five. I found that if you put in the charge and the date, the days since the charge was removed from your account and the interest accrued are automatic...

R

What I mean is sometimes the value in a cell in Q does match the value put in H (on the same line) and sometimes doesn't. Is it meant to match or not?

interest.jpg

What I mean is sometimes the value in a cell in Q does match the value put in H (on the same line) and sometimes doesn't. Is it meant to match or not?

This is over my head really... sorry. I think I just used a simple spreadsheet, definitely excel, which just had reasonforcharge/charge/date/dayssince/s.69accrued columns. I think you are aiming to charge them interest on the money theyve 'borrowed' from you, which i definitely didn't do. This doesn't look like the spreadsheet i used... I will have a look at this and try to work it out, but that'll take till tomorrow. Maybe someone else can help...

JulesR

This is over my head really... sorry. I think I just used a simple spreadsheet, definitely excel, which just had reasonforcharge/charge/date/dayssince/s.69accrued columns. I think you are aiming to charge them interest on the money theyve 'borrowed' from you, which i definitely didn't do. This doesn't look like the spreadsheet i used... I will have a look at this and try to work it out, but that'll take till tomorrow. Maybe someone else can help...

JulesR

Thanks for trying!

I think perhaps I'm supposed to put something in the interest free overdraft bit. Trouble is I don't know when exactly my overdraft limit changes and it's not interest free, it changes. In 2001 for example it's 16.99% upto £200 after that it's the unarranged fee.

trudd

The spreadsheet is almost certainly right - though it's impossible to say for sure from that little snapshot.

The spreadsheet calculates the proportion of your overdraft that is attributable to penalties and the 'interest charged on penalties' accordingly.

On July 1, 2001, your overdraft is -£67.24. The spreadsheet has calculated that, ast that particular point in time, the charges that had been unlawfully levied on your account where at least £67.24. This being the case, all the interest you have incurred is as a result of those charges and, therefore, reclaimable.

On September 30, 2001, your overdraft is much higher. The spreadsheet has calculated that just less than 50 per cent of this figure is attributable to unlawful charges and, consequently, slightly less than half of the interest you paid that month is attributable to these charges and, as such, reclaimable.

Hope this makes some sense! ;-)

Fred_Funk

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08

I'm sorry to be completely dim but I'm tearing my hair out (and suffering from pregnancy brain shrinkage which doesn't help)...

Am trying to complete the England excel spreadsheet for credit card charges but it doesn't seem to make sense:

Is column h 'statement balance' the amount which is described as 'present balance' on my statement, or the closing balance of the last statement? Whatever I put in h, the figure it calculates in j is wrong anyway because whilst it takes off the payment I made (column i) it does NOT take account of interest added plus any use of card so the 'remaining balance' in j will never match what my statement says, or the figures for next month!

Can anyone help me please, what do I do??

Thanks!

Can anyone help???? I have been entering my charges on the England simple excel spreadsheet and am down to row 222 (yes, I have a LOT of charges!), everytime I enter en amount into column C it causes the total in column F row 247 to turn into #####. Does anyone know why this happens? :? :? :?

Hi THM,

I think this may be because the formula in the cells only extends to a certain row. Have you tried unprotecting the sheet to view the formula in the cell? If it is blank then drag it down into that. I'll try and post more in a bit but just tied up with something at the moment

(you may also need to go into Options > show formulas)

the sheet doesn't appear to be protected and I'm not sure where this options>show formulas is....look forward to some more suggestions when you get a chance - thanks!

OK, I've just downloaded the Simple excel sheet for England from page 1 of this thread - simple-charges-calc.xls There could be two issues, the most likely one is cell width so look at the end part of this post.

Looking at it:

Column A = empty

Col B = Details of charge

Col C = Amount of charge. You enter the amount

Col D = Date of charge. you enter the date

Col E - days since charge. This has a formula in which needs to be dragged down so that it covers all your entries. An example of the formula from row 116 is =DATEDIF(D116,NOW(),"D")

Col E - interest calculated @ 8%. This formula also needs to be dragged down to cover all your entries. An example of the formula from row 116 is =(C116*0.00022)*E116

There are then also 3 totals. sum of column C , sum of column F and then those 2 added together. These should be at the end of your entries.

You need to make sure the formulas are in each relevant cell. To do this, just click on the cell containing the last formula. The bottom right hand corner will have a block. Place your cursor over this block and the cursor should change to a small + sign. Then drag the cursor down all the cells you need to.

MOST LIKELY:

The other alternative is that the cell widthn isn't wide enough to show your totals!! Just go to the top of column F and place your cursor to the right of the column so that the cursor changes to a vertical line with two horizontal arrows midway. Then doubleclick. This should set the cell width to the widest cell value. Alternatively drag the cell width.

• Haha 1

I can't believe that it was the cell width after all! It's not like I have never used excel or anything - my head is just so full with figures, legalities, what can and can't be reclaimed.......they sure make you work hard to get your money back!!!

THANKS!

I find that, as I am not confident with spreadsheets (or with computers full stop in my case) I'm far too willing to believe I've done something wrong, not the programme/machine.

Which makes me lose what little confidence I have left- vicious cycle!:o

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with filling in the spreadsheet i have been trawling the forums for daysys and must be missing something. When I fill in the spreadsheet do i put the full charge down? and if so can i claim all of this back? confussed about the £12 the banks can chage. do i have to take this off somewhere. Please help as i am going blind with staring at teh screen

P

Can anyone help me with filling in the spreadsheet i have been trawling the forums for daysys and must be missing something. When I fill in the spreadsheet do i put the full charge down? and if so can i claim all of this back? confussed about the £12 the banks can chage. do i have to take this off somewhere. Please help as i am going blind with staring at teh screen

P

You should enter the full amount you have been charged by the bank

Don't deduct anything unless you have received a refund at some point then you will list that too but with a minus sign in front of the amount .... :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

Hi,

Just wondering if you could tell me where does the six years start and stop? I am at the stage where I have returned my AQ and I'm just looking at getting started on my court bundle, so what date do I finish it from?

Can someone advise me please?

Cheers

the six years you can definitely claim from starts from when you made your first subject action request (i think).

hello everyone. i have received my statements from my credit card company. i have decided to try and claim with contractual interest. i downloaded the complex credit card spreadsheet and filled it in and changed the interest rate to 27.9%. now the only thing i need to know is

exactly what constitutes the total of my claim. is it column D+E? or is it D+E+G+H? i got confused because the G column doesn't seem to change no matter what the interest rate is and i dont want to claim for both statutory and contractual interest. sorry but I have spent literally hours on here and although i've learnt lots about the argument for and against claiming contractual interest i couldn't find an answer to my question.

Hi,

Just wondering if you could tell me where does the six years start and stop? I am at the stage where I have returned my AQ and I'm just looking at getting started on my court bundle, so what date do I finish it from?

Can someone advise me please?

Cheers

I think you don't need to worry when the six years stop.

I believe the six years start from the date you filed your claim at court.

however, don't do what I did and (in a moment of weakness) concede that the lmitation act applies. There is a an argument based on a section of the limitation act that says otherwise. See post #2

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/104150-help-needed-limitation-act.html

You may need to redo your claim but you pay £35 (not claimable) and file an application order.

Once I get thru this claim I may claim on the previous.

Can anyone help - I have used the excel advanced spreadsheet with no problem - until recently....

As its taken a few months to file all this stuff, I have been draggin the rows down, in hopes that the formulas will copy themselves as I enter in the additional overdraft charges. However it wont calculate anything so I am just left with the interest charge without being able to see what the overdraft interest claim would be for that month. I cant see the formula to make the adjustment....

any help...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks