Oh no! Don't use firefox for mcol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

cos we've lost the interest in our claim!

Apparently there's some pop up asking you for the interest but that never popped up.

I just thought it was dealt with by the spreadsheet we sent and that there'd be a box down the line dealing with the interest amount (plus I put the interest amount in my particulars) the box never came. Got to starting judgement today and still no box for the interest. The amount I added in my particulars doesn't count apparently. Just found out after calling mcol what had happened.

Needs to more obvious! Apparently the reason why they don't say is because mcol doesn't work in firefox usually. The lady was surprised i had managed to even start a claim using it.

Sorry mate, hope the interest wasn't too much. I would take it further though, I don't remember seeing anywhere on MCOL a recommendation not to use Firefox - surely there should be a warning if, as it sounds like, they are aware of this problem. The box that appears just reminds you to add in a sentence about the s.69 interest in your particulars, as per the templates on here. What did you actually write in your particulars of claim? You may be ok provided you used the MCOL template on this site.

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges

just £500 :( mcol said we can start again, amend the claim, but it's more time and further costs. My husband had been out of work until recently so this money is urgently needed too.

I had listed the amount of interest in my particulars, but mcol said that doesn't count. It had to be added per instruction of the pop up I didn't get. Mcol say they are looking into the issue though.

Oh this woman said we'd have to start the whole thing again £120 and it would take at least 3 weeks. We do urgently need the money. You don't get help when returning to work after JSA and need the money asap to pay for food and travel to work.

Oh this woman said we'd have to start the whole thing again £120 and it would take at least 3 weeks.

If the claim is cancelled before it's processed (ie almost immediately) then the fee is refunded eventually (ie 3 weeks) in the meantime you can file again but have to pay the fee again.

If the claim is withdrawn after processing you lose the fee.

If you amend the existing claim it will cost another £35

• 4 months later...

I've just tried this with a new claim and the pop-up does appear when you select the right option - trudd, do you have a software pop-up blocker, as that may explain it.

I haven't issued a claim with MCOL using Firefox, but if you're concerned check, check and check your claim again - if you're still unsure use Internet Explorer to put your mind at rest, I'd say.