style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello SpecialK

I'm not too sure of this, but I think that Drakes win the contracts and get the work from the courts, and it is actually the Bailiffs that have to be certificated, not Drakes. Therefore I'm not sure what procedure or checks that Drakes have to go through to win these contracts, if any!!!

If you have a problem with a specific bailiff, you can check them out by calling the enforcement programme at HM Courts service HQ on 0207 210 0516, and they will let you know certain things about them, ie. whether they are certificated, where they received, when it is valid from/to etc. etc. etc. Take a look at the form on the link below:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=1166

You may want to call this no. and see if there is any info that they may be able to give you on Drakes.

Also, check out the Bailiff Watchdog, on the link below. There's lots of info to help you, and Alison & Sarah are a couple of knights in shining armour!!!!

The Bailiff Watchdog - The Team & Profiles

Hope all goes well!

nite:)

• 2 months later...

Hi,im still here with the same problem with Drakes.Ive have been trying to get info but keep hitting a wall. Can anyone tell me what is the correct documents needed to prove owership as a longtime ago I gave Drakes copy of v5 and the reciept of payment but as usally Drakes are being difficult saying I have not given enough evidence and still will not give me my belongings and got a letter from DVLA saying that someone is request the ownership papers,Someone please help.ps is alison from watchdog still on this site?

we showed all the above and more,even insurance,bank statements ect it was terriable. we got the car on the 21st and this debtor was stopped on the 24th and so they say the dates dont add up.we had ownership /v5 of this car BEFORE this person was stopped. plus it as I kept saying to them is NOT my debt Im so angry and the people are sooooo rude too.thanks will go to police now

When you say stopped, was the car stopped on the street?

yea..I was informed that they cant just take the car there should of been a DVLA check on the car so see who the owner was but obviously they did not or just didnt care.

I assume the car was stopped on an road side blitz with the police.

If this is the case, the police would have carried out an immediate check on the car to see who it was registered to. It may be the case, that it was regisitered to the debtor who was responsible for the fines.

• 1 month later...

heres my story..can anyone help..

a few weeks ago 2 fat men from drakes turned up, for a parking fine against my wife, who is terminally ill and disabled. they stated that she had a parking fine from maidstone council for parking in a disabled bay without showing her badge, this was the first we knew of it however i told the bailiff fat man that i owned all the goods and chattels in the house and that he could not come in...he put his foot in the door and stated that he now had a pieceful entry so he could come in, i again refused to allow him in and he refused to remove his foot stating that that was good enough for a pieceful entry, i must admit i threaten to smack him if he didn't remove it, he called out to his mate to call the police which he did, they arrived and i explained to the policeman that i had refused him entry but he put his foot in the door and tried to push passed me, the policeman told the bailiff to leave the premises or be arrested, i admitted threatening to smack him, however the police clearly pointed out that without a warrant to enter the house even they can not stay if asked to leave...

the bailiff left stating he was going to court to obtain a warrant of entry.

i suspect that soon i will have another visit, can anyone advise me on them putting there foot in the door and refusing to remove it?? where do i stand under the admin of justice act 1970 ??? the bailiff claims he can take my wifes new car which is on HP..Can he do that?? i tried to speak with the council but they said take it up with drakes,

• 1 month later...

Hi,Drakes have sold the car which I paid for so im gonna have to take them to a small claims to get the money back for the car and for the items which was also in the car,could some one help me with the wording for small claims form. Got the form(had a few copies left from the bank charges:) )but not sure how to fill it out for a car I owned and was taken and sold for another persons debt,please help.

Hi,Drakes have sold the car which I paid for so im gonna have to take them to a small claims to get the money back for the car and for the items which was also in the car,could some one help me with the wording for small claims form. Got the form(had a few copies left from the bank charges:) )but not sure how to fill it out for a car I owned and was taken and sold for another persons debt,please help.

PM Herbie - who is very experienced and most helpful.

What happened to the Court compaint?

Every place I went past me on to another it seems that no one knows what to do they are seriously getting away with robbery. Yea can you imagine if I done that my arse would soon get arrested. Ok ill pm herbie thanks

This is Herbie's link - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=38314 - however there should be a PM link but there is no contact information. Maybe "switched off" because she is on holiday maybe?

Hopefully someone else will come along and advise further.

(You can normally find the link by clicking the name at the side of any post - and from there there should be a "send a PM to XXXXX" link)

have you considered a pt 4 complaint?

gets you in front of a county ct judge & bailiff must appear to explain actions if a case found to be answered

bailiffs are bonded at £10k & this can be used to award compensation

The Necesary Form is to make a complaint is available here

background info here

irregular & unlawful seizure...?

I seriously suggest you take Drakes to a small claims court and sue them not only for the car and your belongings but to compensate you for your distress. This was theft, I would also write in to complain to the police station that dealt with you, if you get no joy with them then complain to the police complaints committee. Drakes dont like being sued as this will go on record and will not look good for them and they may just settle out of court. Dont give up .....