wescot credit services Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

basically i owe o2 money from 1 year ago....however i moved house with parents and told them ii was unemployed and they left me alone untill now...i got a letter of the wescot credit services for £450 for the 2nd of febuary when i am still unemployed.. i have been told i could make them a offer of anything i say however they was saying to me on the phone just then they cant accept nothing below £20 every two weeks is there anything i could do about it?

plz help

thx

Do not deal with these people on the phone-do it by recorded delivery letters. That way you have proof they have received it, and it prevents them from harassing and threatening you over the phone where there is no concrete proof later of anything they have said.

You will need to send an sar to 02 to find out if they have sold the debt to Westcott and how the £450 was arrived at. Normally there will be charges

applied to the account when you miss payments or the yhave to write to you.

With many companies they over charge for this and are therefore unlawful.

You also do not have to pay them.

When you send the sar to 02, tell Westcott what you have done, and that

the account is now in dispute and until 02 responds, Westcott is unable to

pursue you for the debt. At the same time inform them that you will not deal

with them by phone in future-by letter only. You can tell them that you believe there are unlawful charges included in the debt that you are not prepared to pay.

You will find the sar template letter in the FAQs on the first page of the forum.

wescot accepted £2.60 per month off me so dont believe them as lookingforinfo has said keep everything in writing.

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

is there anything they can do to me if i say im not reachable by telephone?

and on the records of o2 it shows that exact ammount of which i stated (the £450 rounded up)

also if i say to them i have been on this website and say to them there are people in the same cicumstances as me and are paying less then me would they accept that? or should i ask to speak to a supervisor on the phone or just write to them in letter? as origanally stated?

If you read the FAQs on the first page of the forum, you will find that included

in thr £450 will be charges that 02 have applied because you have missed payments for example. As these charges are not the actual cost to them of

the dealing with a missed amount, the charge is unlawful and so you can

reclaim it, thus reducing the debt. The sar will reveal how much they have charged in reclaimable charges.

Before taking any kind of action against you, they have to inform you, and

it is normal to give you seven days notice. So do not speak to them on the phone as it may give them a chance to say things that they would not, in

writing. And you have no record of what they say.

Not sure that you would gain anything by saying that you have been to the website. The fact that someone else is paying £1 a month a month has no

bearing on your repayments. Every case will be treated differently by them.

And the less they know about how much you know about the law and DCAs,

maybe better for you.

Send Westcott a CCA request along with a £1 postal order. This stops them

in their tracks. They can do nothing about pursuing you for the debt until

they have sent you all the documents necessary to comply with your demand.

this is designed to prove they have a right to collect the debt, and if they

can't produce the docs in time, THEY commit an offence, and will then have

to go to Court to get permission to pursue the debt. In view of the small

size of your debt, they will not do that.

I have also had dealings with Wescot, where they tried to make me increase my monthly payments. However, I just kept sending them the amount I offered them via Payplan, and eventually they accepted this.

If they are bullying you into paying more than you can afford, Wescot are breaching the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) Debt Collection Guidelines.

If they refuse to accept your offer, then you could fill in the OFT's DCA complaint form, and post it to the OFT, together with copies of any letters you may receive from Wescot.

You can download the complaints from from the link below:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/B3999175-A9BC-469D-AD5B-BA284DE36E01/0/complaint.DOC

• 3 months later...

I'm also having problems with westcot, because of someone who lived at my old address about a year AFTER :mad:I moved out. Westcot sent me letter telling me that I owed over £140, for goods bought from Choice catalogue. Does anybody think I should send a letter to the catalogue, to request copies of all relevant paper work, as I assume there should be a credit agreement somewhere.

All advice will be very welcome

Thanks

ja-de

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm also having problems with westcot, because of someone who lived at my old address about a year AFTER :mad:I moved out. Westcot sent me letter telling me that I owed over £140, for goods bought from Choice catalogue. Does anybody think I should send a letter to the catalogue, to request copies of all relevant paper work, as I assume there should be a credit agreement somewhere.

Thanks

ja-de

The debt is nothing to do with you. Why should you help Westcot

It's not to help Westcot, it's to help me find out who did it, & maybe, possibly bring charges against them. As for Westcot, I want to get my name cleared so that I can get on with my life, & also close my Halifax account (see link) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/89101-me-n-halifax.html & move everything over to my building society account. Until then I just feel as though I am stuck in limbo.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...

Please if you can't afford the debt do not respond to any correspondance always deny the debt, do not speak to them. there is nothing they can do. you will only restart the debt. They have six years to get you to pay then there is nothing they can do.

Thanks for the advice Bazza, but I have to tell you that the problems I had with Westcot & Haliprats, have now been fully resolved, I actually won both cases in July & September of last year. 110104_emM5.gif

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Thanks

ja-de

Hi.

I am having the same trouble with my previous address. The police tell me that it is NOT a criminal offence for someone to use my name to obtain credit and then default. Wescot will keep on biting you for the debt, and when they finally cannot get it, they will smack you in the mouth by placing your name on Experian Credit Reference Site where you cannot get credit. I have tried and tried with wescot by giving them proof from council that we were not living there on those dates, but wescot just destroys the proof and keep saying they have not received it. I know how you feel, as this is the third time from my previous address that I have been hiot for debt which is not mine. The trouble is that when you leave your old address, leaflets from these catalogues etc go through the letter box, and them people then use yer name to get credit. If the police will not class this as a criminal offence then something is wrong. If I was to use the Chief Constables name to get credit and then default, then it will be a crimal offence.

Pete

Thanks

ja-de

It is no good writing to the catalogue, as they will not entertain you, as they have sold the debt on to wescot

• 10 months later...
Please sign this petition - time is running out -

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Charging-Orders/BZtvo8B7tvVxCR8fnvAnrTi

The law need to be changed to stop this practice. Unsecured Debt when taken out is exactly that and the risk is reflected in the interest rate charged. Creditors cannot be allowed to have it both ways - Protect your home Stop this unfair practice and sign this petition today - we can do this together.

Murphy, this is extremely irritating, STOP HIJACKING EVERYBODY ELSES THREADS!:evil:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I need a little advise if anybody can help.

I recently applied for a mortgage but was declined!

I ran a credit report to check on why this could happen,

I found a default on my account from wescot so i have searched all the paperwork i seem to hoard to find out what this could be for.

I found it was for a mobile phone i had with Vodafone!

This is where it gets confusing.

The phone in question was transferred to my ex boyfriend,

but vodafone transferred the wrong numbers!

I wrote to them to inform them of this and never heard anything again.

I have since moved from the property that debt was registered at so have had no correspondence with either vodafone or wescot.

Unfortunately this debt is not 6 yrs old yet!

Its only 5 years old so my concern is how i go about getting it removed from my credit report without getting into a big battle about the debt being recorded to me in the first place in error.

Anybody got any info they think may help me,

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Madas x:mad:x;)

• 1 month later...

I was staying in an rented house where I had taken a contract with virgin media, and had left the country since then entrusting my house mate to pay the bills and had transferred the direct debt to his name and his bank accounts. When I returned after a span of over a year I received a letter from wescot stating I had unpaid virgin media bill of £159/-; and to find that the house mate to whom I entrusted to pay had left the country. The thing is that I was out for the country for over a year (1 year 3 months). then How could they have renewed the contract in my name (i.e. if they did renew it at all) and If the direct debt was set from someone else's bank account how can they hold me liable for paying back. also is there anyway I can find out what they have charged me for i.e. which months and if I had a valid contact with them for the time they claim to be charging me.

Please Help me ! ! !

1. Such agreements are normally worded in such a way that they are renewed by default. You should check yours to see if this applies to you.

2. If the agreement is in your name then you are the one who is liable for the payments, regardless of where the money comes from.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Sorry for Being so Naive, but does that mean I will have to pay for the charges even though I never actually used the service, or was never in the country when the charges seem to have been applied.

That's about the size of it unfortunately.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

If you take a step back and think about it; you took out a contract with Virgin Media and allowed someone else to carry on using it. The contract is/was in your name, and you didn't contact Virgin to ask then to transfer it to someone else or to close it and have your house mate open another. I think the fact the DD was transferred is neither here nor there. I pay my parents mobile bill for example, but it is still in their name.

The only thing that jumps out at me is that you say the 'contract was renewed'. What do you mean by that? Was it only for a fixed term?

You do of course have a claim yourself against your ex-housemate but that's going to be difficult to chase if he is out of the UK and you don't know where.