Paypal debt collection

olly5814
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

paypal have sent my account to a debt collection agency, i owe them £199.65. The letter states i had 72 hours to pay or they prepare for legal preceedings. I rang them today, i am waiting for my bank charges money to come - so i told them i will be able to pay them within 30 days. They have refused this and stated that they will pass it onto "door knockers" if not paid within 7 days.

Any advice? Is it worth me writing them a letter saying i am happy to pay within 30 days? I stated to them that a judge would look bad upon them for not allowing me sufficent time to pay you. i Know there only trying to scare me.

Thanks Olly :cool:

Barclays Bank: - £770

15th Nov - S.A.R sent

20th Nov - Statements Received

4th Dec - Preliminary Approach Letter sent

18th Dec - LBA sent

NATWEST - WON!!!!!!! :D :D

As crinonjon says, NCO are full of wind, they never "come round" they send little cards saying a non existant P Brown will visit you. He never does because EVERYONE that NCO contacts gets one! He must be a busy little bee because peeps from Scotland get told to expect a vist on the same day as peeps in Cornwall!

Go here scroll down and read what meme33 has to say

NCO, Bailiffs, Questions & Answers??? -- Page 1

wow, thanks for that noomill. amazing read - just shows u..... NCO actually rang up today and threatend me someone was gonna knock on my door - he was really obusive. So i said let him come round im 6ft5" and hard as nails. (5,10" and hard as jelly- truthfully) this seemed to make him irrate and he ended up loosing his temper and put the phone down.

Just worried that if i leave this debt if it will eventually effect my credit.

15th Nov - S.A.R sent

18th Dec - LBA sent

Even if they were to come they are supposed to make an appointment with you first. Not just turn up. Plus you could call the police and report them for trespass if they didn't leave your doorstep.

I'd also write to them saying you will only correspond in writing and if they phone again you will report them under the Wireless Telegraphy Act and for harassment. Don't lose your temper. They aren't worth it.

Hi - I too have had an NCO card through the post from beloved (?) paypal!!! I hadn't a clue who it could be from, and as P Brown said he'd be calling on Tuesday, at anytime between 9 am and 9 pm, thought I'd better give them a ring! It was only when I'd rang them and given some personal information that they told me it was in connection with a paypal debt (incidentally, the debt came about because of a wrongful chargeback - so effectively I lost out twice!!) He said that if I didn't pay immediately, that someone would call at the house and the amount could co up to £250!! I told him not to bother, that I was a member of the Consumer Action Group and knew my rights (that seemed to throw him a bit). Anyway, I said I was disputing this amount, but he said they'd been instructed by paypal to collect it and that's what they were doing. I said I couldn't pay anything until the end of the month (I've just been given back my bank charges, so that was a little fib!), but thought it would buy me a little time!!! Just thought I'd let you know my experiences with the lovely NCO :rolleyes:

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Above link makes fascinating reading!! The guy who used to work for them obviously knows what he's talking about. I do feel sorry for P Brown though, his little feet must ache such much every Tuesday:rolleyes:

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Its all BLX from NCO. they have no power, other than asking you to pay up. Even their alledged "Legal Dept" -Leatham-Locke is a fake. You will get a scary letter in blood red ink before they pass the case back to Paypoo.

This cant affect your credit rating as your contract isnt under the CCA so they cant default you without a CCJ, and Paypal?NCO have NEVER taken anyone to court.

Wouldnt do their image much good as "The fast, safe way to pay on t'Interweb" would it? And t'would make Ebay look like the band of pirates they are (in my opinion, naturally!)

• 2 months later...

hi all :)

to night i had a phone call from a NCL Europe wishing me to tell them my address they had the correct name for me but i woulld not give them my address untill they confermed they new it she was really rude and would not tell me the address she had for my saying it was data protecton she then said i had a dept but would not tell me what it was i was rude back and said i had no dept so she said well i will put it in writing to you

now the only thing it could be is pay pal i had a man who decided he did not like what he had bought that he could not make any money from it so wished to get a refund i had closed my pay pal account as i was finished with ebay just befor 2 days he told me he wished for a refund he opend a dispute i could not then get in to my account as it was closed and i email pay pal a few times and told them i disputed it but could not get in to my account they did nothing this man then closed is ebay account and keept the goods and i think got a refund with pay pal he has buyer remorce so has any one heard of NCL Europe and what should i do i would rather go to court than pay them a single mom on benifits who wanted to raise cash for xmas selling kids old toys he bought foot ball stuff for 90.00 sabbutteo i am so mad i have never had a bad dept befor

help please

• 1 month later...

Can i just ask, who exactly are NCO???

I was ripped off on paypal late last year and now paypal want money back which i refuse to pay as it wasn't my fault, if anything they should be compensating me for their lies about buyer protection policies when in fact they don't appear to have any.

Anyway, the debt collection agency who wants money from me are called Robinson Way. Should i be worried?

Can i just ask, who exactly are NCO???

Anyway, the debt collection agency who wants money from me are called Robinson Way. Should i be worried?

I owe money to both NCO and Robinson, Way & Co.

NCO Europe are indeed among the most unpleasant bunch of DCA individuals I have ever had dealings with. However I actually found Robinson Way & Co quite reasonable people (particularly if you're offering them money!) seriously though, they were willing to accept a significantly low amount, I kept up the repayments and have just cleared one of their debts (I have two with them).

NCO .... grrrrrrrrr!! :mad:

Just in case it helps, since my orginal post and start of this topic, i havent heard a thing from NCO or payapl, since i told NCo to stick it where the sun dont shine. after 3 months i doubt il hear anything again.

15th Nov - S.A.R sent

18th Dec - LBA sent

I bought 4 items a few months back from one seller, I paid straight away by paypal. A few days later I got an e-mail from paypal saying the seller had made a refund to me for an overcharge on postage...not a massive amount...but my money! This amount hasn't shown as being credited back to my bank account, and it doesn't show on my paypal account. I've e-mailed paypal several times asking where this money is...guess what...no reply! Maybe I should sell this debt to NCO

I owe money to both NCO and Robinson, Way & Co.

NCO Europe are indeed among the most unpleasant bunch of DCA individuals I have ever had dealings with. However I actually found Robinson Way & Co quite reasonable people (particularly if you're offering them money!) seriously though, they were willing to accept a significantly low amount, I kept up the repayments and have just cleared one of their debts (I have two with them).

:mad:

Er, but if you don't owe money to paypal in the first place then why should anyone want to pay anyone any money at all? Unless they have more money than sense of course.

Currently i enjoy putting these idiots on hold and playing them some music.

They call so often i may start taking requests soon.

• 5 weeks later...

i have an issue who state i owe them £300 and this was sent to intrum justica (not crappy nco) now today ive had a letter from irwin mitchell saying that if i do not pay within 7 days they will take me to court (from irwin mitchell sheffield) with the line included that i call IJ straight away. I assume this is just a standard scare tactic?

Hi,

I had phone calls from IJ over a paypal balance. They didnt seem to me to know what they were doing.

Told me I had to pay them the outstanding amount plus £7.50 for their fees!

Lost count of the amount of times I told them I wasnt going to pay them anything as I didnt owe them anything (I had already sorted it direct with paypal!).

They told me I wasnt allowed to do that so I told them it was tough coz I already had and they should check with their client.

All went quiet for about 2 months and then they contacted me again saying that I had cleared the balance but still owed them the £7.50! I told the man to stop being so silly (I had paid before it was passed to them!) and if he really wanted to take me to court he could. Never heard from them again.

If you have got IJ dealing with this, make sure that the amounts that they say are outstanding are right, they didnt seem to be the brightest of people.

Good Luck with it!

• 1 year later...

Hi all

I recently went on my paypal and seen that im -£147.

I rang up to see whats wrong and apparently Something that i sent on ebay was fake??

Pair of UGG boots.

Which i bought as genuine and didnt want?

I rang up and said why is this?

and all they said is if i dont pay.. debt collectors will be around.

I said how they know the boots i sent are the actuall ones they are saying are fake.??

I dont have a leg to stand on here?

What can i do

Hi all

I recently went on my paypal and seen that im -£147.

I rang up to see whats wrong and apparently Something that i sent on ebay was fake??

Pair of UGG boots.

Which i bought as genuine and didnt want?

I rang up and said why is this?

and all they said is if i dont pay.. debt collectors will be around.

I said how they know the boots i sent are the actuall ones they are saying are fake.??

I dont have a leg to stand on here?

What can i do

also paypal have said that the item was taken into a shop and proven as fake?

How do i no it was the boots i sold...

I dont have a leg to stand on here

You mean you dont have an ugg boot to stand on.....

I wouldnt worry about it. Just keep any letters and file them...Ignor the contents.

If this ever went to court (which is unlikely) they would need to prove the boots you sent were fake if this is the reason they gave.

If your 110% sure they were real then they couldnt prove this and you shouldnt worry.

Just put it down to experience and remember to tell your friends.. PAYPAL is NOT safe.

remember folks

NCO have NO POWERS WHATSOEVER

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

• 1 month later...
no the thing is.. They are took "a pair" of uggs to be tested and they have a thing to say they are fake..

how do i know its the pair i actually sent out??

They would have to be able to prove this in court. It's very unlikely they would be able to. Paypal are well known for resolving disputes in this totally wrong manner, then sending DCA's after people for money who have lost their goods as a direct result of Paypal's actions. Paypal do no more in resolving a dispute than a few form emails. So when they say they have proof the item was fake, they're likely to be lying. The truth is more likely to be the person saying they are fake to get their money back and free boots. To be sucessful in court Paypal would have to get the person and the proof infront of a judge. This is unlikely to happen and once again Paypal let people rip off others and get away with it.

I personally know someone who sold a laptop on Ebay. Even though he was left positive feedback and had proof that the laptop was sent by registered mail, Paypal let the buyer do a chargeback 4 months later claiming the laptop never arrived. Luckily my friend had no cash in his paypal account at the time, but he's been chased by IJ for £350. He just keeps telling them to take him to court, as he knows they'll never win.

Keep away from Paypal. They are as bad as the DCA's and also need a slap from the OFT.

Paypal claim I owe them some money. I've ignored Intrum Justicita for over 2 years now. They send a threat-o-gram every 6 months or so. If they did take it to court I would have no problem pointing out their lack of evidence I owe them anything at all.

Edited by fuzzybobble

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related