• Tweets

• Thanks dx, with link having multiple accounts for me, I didn’t want to be a pushover in the first one ideally.. hearing is 3rd June, WS’s to be exchanged by 6th may 
    • he may be using a different name but cars and vans/vans and cars it’s all the same Gerard Bird/Gerry Bird/G Bird aka Gurdip Singh Virdi He is still doing the same thing, operating from the same premises at 101a Longford, I’m guessing during Covid they got the great idea to rip people off remotely and charge people for the pleasure. they now deliver cars that are shocking quality and refuse to even accept the issues you find. Then Gaslight you into thinking your the problem and call you an idiot for buying a used car instead of a new one. Buyers beware this thread is vitally important     
    • Changes to China's state secrets law requires internet firms to monitor information shared by users.View the full article
    • The only way to verify whether there is any financial reward for the management is seeing the agreement. That would be required during disclosure IF court proceedings went ahead... Unless you could bring pressure to bear and get a copy?
    • god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Who deals with whom? directory of banks/Dca/solicitors

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, sorry am a little bit confused. I have a car loan with welcome finance. I have missed a number of payments. Not many thank god. But they are forever on phone. Thus if they are a dormant company should they be trading as such. All my aggreements are in the name of welcome. But my credit file shows Progressive showing payment record. Hope someone can spread some light on this for me. Thank you

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the company's where no records are found? I get letters every month from some of these..:confused:

27th September CCA sent to Sechiari Clarke & Mitchell - Commited Offence by not responding-Update, passed account to AIC. CCA AIC on 29/03/07

27th September CCA sent to Allied Credit International - not received, resent on 23th January 07-(still nothing on 30/03/07)

What about the company's where no records are found? I get letters every month from some of these..:confused:

The ones that aren't listed are usually businesses, not companies. Difference is that companies have to register their details with Companies House, businesses don't.

Many of these companies are solicitors who very often are set up as businesses. I am trying to get as much info as I can regarding these businesses and will let you all know as soon as I get any info.

Spotnot

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

The ones that aren't listed are usually businesses, not companies. Difference is that companies have to register their details with Companies House, businesses don't.

Many of these companies are solicitors who very often are set up as businesses. I am trying to get as much info as I can regarding these businesses and will let you all know as soon as I get any info.

Spotnot

Ok, I would be interested to know if these people should be processing my details....Sechirai Clarke & Mitchell failed to respond to a CCA request and they haven't responded to the letter I sent saying they have commited an offence either? Oh well!!

27th September CCA sent to Sechiari Clarke & Mitchell - Commited Offence by not responding-Update, passed account to AIC. CCA AIC on 29/03/07

27th September CCA sent to Allied Credit International - not received, resent on 23th January 07-(still nothing on 30/03/07)

**** are next on my hit list!!!

When you win, donate!!!

I guess its only D C As that are dormant are in possible bother. And Welcome dont come under the same banner. so the receipts and letter headed paper are no good in this case. Will dig through all my other dca stuff thoughh to see if i can find anything

Its not just the Dormants I'm after, its the 'non trading' ones as well.

All proof is good proof!!!!!!

Spot

When you win, donate!!!

well done ! Good to see how things have progressed

see this thread i have started

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/64032-guide-lenders-appointing-right.html

it says :-

1. Ensure that the debt collection agency you have chosen has a Consumer Credit Licence and Data Protection registration. Any bone fide agency will show you the necessary documentation to verify this.

2. Check that the debt collection agency belongs to a trade association such as the Credit Services Association (CSA) or other recognised industry body.

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

I have been paying to NDR for 2 accounts i had with littlewoods.

They are always on the phone asking me to pay more. I pay £10 and £25 at the moment. I get statements from them each month. I have sent off to them asking for a copy of the CCA. Im confused:confused: about it stating dormant! Do i carry on paying them. Any help please.

I have spoken to the relevant authorities about these companies. They are very interested in pursuing this further. I need evidence however. If you can help with anything at all, eg letters from DCAs listed as dormant, proof of payment etc. You can hide all identifying details. Please pm me if you can help.

Spot

Hello Spot,

My husband is being harrassed by Arrow Global LLC, I can't see them on the list but their Solicitor is Eversheds (who are listed as dormant). We have been told to contact Eversheds, rather than Arrow, which I thought was rather odd and it is Eversheds who have been sending threatening letters and who are in breach of our CCA request and that of their Client.

If you would like copies of any of Eversheds letters, please contact me via PM with an address and I will happily send them to you.

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know who Inter-Credit International Ltd are? (HSBC Bank possibly) have no dealings with this bank though.

also have been approached in past but not for some time by Blair Oliver and Scott and several others mentioned, are Westcot dormant.

Lowell Portfolio 1 Limited asking payment to be made to Hamptons Legal (have sent a CCA request but no reply nearly six wks ago)

their document looks like a court document (to me)

TAKE NOTICE

NOTICE OF INTENTION TO ISSUE A COUNTY COURT CLAIM

INFORMATION ABOUT A COUNTY COURT CLAIM

REGISTRY OF COUNTY COURT JUDGMENTS

all highlighted in box format

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

just tryin to help my sister with her debts now she has one which has been passed to albion from halifax which is classed as dormant,what happens with that can they be reported.

also she has had a debt from freemans which was passed to logic which has now passed onto one called eos solutions anyone heard of them

I am being harrassed by Buchanan, clark and Wells despite telling them my account is in dispute, as my debt is made up of all charges that are unlawful. these are listed as Dormant.

Has anybody got any info on Arc Europe and there solicitors Trevor munn.

both of these are not on the list, they are also both based in Walton on Thames. Trevor Munn has threatened they are in process of drawing papers up to ccj me, despite Arc Europe not responding to my CCA request.

NDR are listed as dormant and last accounts produced april 2006.

I have a letter and default notice from them in January 2007 should they have done this?

Can I report it and get the default removed?

I'm now fighting Morrcroft who have been "instructed" to collect and they don't like me much because I won't talk to them without the CCA request which they have totally igonored my request for and are now 4 days short of criminal offence.

I just love winding these idiots up so much it's almost become an hobby.

HSBC use Metropolitan Collection Services of Birmingham, which is wholly-owned by HSBC. MCS in turn own a grubby little outfit called The Central Debt Enforcement Agency, whose speciality is sending out letters that look like court forms. If you ask MCS if CDEA is anything to do with them, they'll deny it; however, if you ask if they have a phone number for CDEA they'll put you through (probably to the next desk), and you can also have fun pointing out to them that CDEA's letters show them to be owned by MCS...

Has anyone had any dealings with Revenue Collection Services, PO Box 315, Sunbury on Thames. They are not listed on companies house website. At the bottom of the letter it states Division of Belmont Finance (uk) Ltd No. 3003852, this company shows up on companies house website but states it has no Branch details or previous names. Any one?

Should all DCAs be registered at companies house?

Only if they are limited companies. Businesses do not need to file accounts with Companies House. I'll look into this further for you.

When you win, donate!!!

We are being chased by Buchanan, Clark & Wells, 11 Elm Court, Stratford upon Avon on behalf of Bank of Scotland Equipment Finance.

Any advice appreciated ie: should I send them a CCA 1974, SAR, ignore them completely ?

If you need a copy of their paperwork please ask !

Well, I've had a quick look. I cannot find any mention of Revenue Collection services. However, this may just be an off shoot of Belmont Finance. All is not rosy with Belmont finance. One director has left the company, sold his shares and no longer has anything to do with the company and it looks like the company has been running at a loss for many years. This however does not help you much, so I'll carry on digging!!

When you win, donate!!!

We are being chased by Buchanan, Clark & Wells, 11 Elm Court, Stratford upon Avon on behalf of Bank of Scotland Equipment Finance.

Any advice appreciated ie: should I send them a CCA 1974, SAR, ignore them completely ?

If you need a copy of their paperwork please ask !

Darling,

Can you pm me with any further details?

When you win, donate!!!