Egarbeaver v HSBC

Egarbeaver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my response is to tell you they will give you one of 3 responses to this letter and your next - the lba. either a fob off (we'll look into it, it will take about 6 years!, the sod off (we are confident we are right and you can go to hell) or no response. take your choice - our advice for all of them - just stick to your schedule! good luck, welcome to the forum!

Hi all, thanks for your responses.

yes, sugaredhoney, i did receive a letter of acknowledgement from them today saying that they will look into it after they have completed with thier investigations (whatever!!). The letter was signed by a Colin Landale. Looks like a standard letter

You were very right, lateralus about their response.

But like everyone on this site, am not budging - am going all the way!!!

Thanks, will keep you all posted.

Thanks Siena.

Another question, can you claim for £10 card mis-use charges as well??

please advise. Also how do you identify the monthly interest charged by HSBC on your statements?? I cant seem to find any.

thanks guys

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I called HSBC today and was told that they had made me an offer of £237 less than i asked for.

Do i accept or negotiate with them to use that to clear my managed loan which has a balance of £199 or proceed to court???

I know if i decide to accept as part payment and proceed to court, i will get the 8% plus £120 court fee but...........

any ideas!!!!!

well, if you think they will do that - i'd cut off my right toe to get out from under the m.l. i don't even have one(an m.l., not a right toe) - but i think they are the most ludicrous piece of money grubbing i've ever heard of! on that alone - i'd negotiate to get it written off. it sounds like you are not desparate for a bigger slice of the pie and just getting that finished with would, i'm sure, feel like a weight has been lifted. go with your instincts. and i'm sure others will advise you - probably to go ahead and file your claim.

Hi agian,

Well, I called hsbc today and put forward my proposal.... and was told by the lady she did not have the authority to agree to what i was proposing and that I should wait for my letter to arrive and put my proposal in writing.......

I guess its MCOL then. their 14days will be up tomorrow (6/02)

Thanks

Hello all,

I guess I can now join in the "Success stories" list. I called HSBC this morning after receiving a second offer letter for about £169 less, and told them i would not be accepting, was put on hold and she came back with an offer for £85 less, which i accepted

How do i make a donation........and can a Mod please move my thread.

It now to the ever stubborn and heartless Barclays...............

Thanks for all your help and advice, this site ROCKS!!!!!!!!;) ;) ;)